New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Newbie looking to ice fish in St. lawrence county New York.  (Read 841 times)

Offline ericjq7

• IceShanty Rookie
I love fishing but never ice fished before. I live in St. Lawrence county New York. I'm looking to see if anyone out there is from the area and wouldn't mind showing me the ropes and fishing this winter. I have no clue where to even start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline troy_built68

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newbie looking to ice fish in St. lawrence county New York.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2018, 06:49 PM »
I live in Michigan . You can learn a lot from watching shows on youtube . In-depth outdoors is a good one and vexilars ice fishing today but you have to go to vexilars website for that one .

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:42 PM »
welcome aboard.  this a great site to learn from.  new and old learn here and old dogs can learn new tricks.  the search function will be your best friend and you can look for hours and hours on here and still not get thru all the stuff you want to look at.  from species of fish to techniques and everything inbeween can be found on this great site.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Welcome to the site.
This is going to be moved to the New York board. You will get better information there....  ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Hey ericjq7 -- Where abouts are you located?  I'm in Ogdensburg and enjoy ice fishing, for sure.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty,check th DEC website there should be contour maps for some of the lakes in St..Lawrence county plus any special regulations regarding ice fishing.
Steve

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2018, 06:27 PM »
Here’s the link to the DEC’s ice fishing information for region 6, which includes St Lawrence County and surroundings counties.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/31244.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.