Author Topic: Chassel  (Read 7437 times)

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Chassel
« on: Dec 23, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Is the bay frozen yet I have been out of town for a few weeks

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Re: Chassel
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2011, 05:53 PM »
In most spots there are 6+ inches...am on vacay this week and am north of 30 - 35 northerns so far.  For me, they are running smaller than years past however. 
Chris Raymond

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2011, 07:45 PM »
In most spots there are 6+ inches...am on vacay this week and am north of 30 - 35 northerns so far.  For me, they are running smaller than years past however.

Are you the guy with the gray ford I talked to this morning at the launch?

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:04 PM »
I have a silver Ford but didn't speak with anybody at the launch this morning though...am guessing it was somebody else.  Should be out there tomorrow again.  Green Otter portable and green Yamaha Grizzly if I take the ATV.  Will probably hit the ice around 8:30 or so if all goes well. 
Chris Raymond

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2011, 11:54 AM »
oh alright i did see your silver ford there this morning I think.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2011, 02:39 PM »
You did.  It was a very, very slow day.  Three flags, one pike, one perch and a cut line.  Couldn't get a hit jigging either.  Which shanty/group were you in?

BTW, you hear what the ice is like out on the humps?  Two shanties were out there but they looked close to shore...one sled came back in mid-day. 
Chris Raymond

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2011, 05:56 PM »
I was straight out from the launch on the other side of the bay in a blue pop up. Not a fish to show for hit. Trying for panfish.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Anyone doing good for walleye at the humps ?

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Went out there twice last weekend.  Caught one decent eye out of the 8+ hours out there...I was happy with that.  It was slushy then so I couldn't imagine what it's like now.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I was out fishing the bay today and found out there are apparently really big carp in there. After a 15+ min fight I pulled up a 36.5", 30+ pounder.

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Has anyone been out to the humps recently?  I am looking to go out Friday morning and possibly over the weekend, not sure if I'll need a snowmobile or if a wheeler can still make it.  Any news on the bite would be great too!

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Dbike I had a buddy that went out to the humps on saturday ..He ended up with a 4lb eye & Missed 2 hits on  tip ups ""drops"" ...I was out crappie fishing sunday & the snow was starting to get rough for a wheeler ...I Talked to a guy that took his wheeler out there yesterday """only to the narrows "" But he said he almost left his wheeler Out there ...IT WAS BADDDDD

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:35 PM »
DBike, I'm with Dave Millertime, we got almost 2 feet of snow in some places between Monday and Tuesday. Monday was wet heavy, sloppy snow and Tuesday was fluffy. the only access now would be snowmobile or 6x6 with tracks. Still worth your while though.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:23 PM »
My ice transportation is a kingquad 750 with big wheels and tires. You don't even think that would make it around the bay? Dont really have an option to use a sled.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:13 AM »
Dbike I had a buddy that went out to the humps on saturday ..He ended up with a 4lb eye & Missed 2 hits on  tip ups ""drops"" ...I was out crappie fishing sunday & the snow was starting to get rough for a wheeler ...I Talked to a guy that took his wheeler out there yesterday """only to the narrows "" But he said he almost left his wheeler Out there ...IT WAS BADDDDD

Sounds like investigating out on the main lake this weekend is out, eh?  ;-)   
Chris Raymond

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Sounds like I'll have to go check it out tonight before I try in the morning.  Nothing worse than getting a 700 lb quad stuck on a lake by yourself.  Maybe just air the tires to 1-1.5 psi and crawl through  ;D

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:50 AM »
It is pretty slushy out there, just a heads up.

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2012, 03:33 PM »
It is pretty slushy out there, just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up!  How slushy are we talking?  Do you know of any quads making it to the humps?

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:28 AM »
with this warm weather i would not take a four-wheeler. Hope for some cold, let it tighten up.

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:42 AM »
we need cold weather pronto.. things should get better but worse again 15 degrees max sunday then it gets warm again...
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:26 AM »
Yeah  this Just plane SUCKS  >:(...I was out yesterday on chassell crappie fishin .."""SLOWWW""" ..& step out of your shack & go to the top of your boot in slush & mess ... 10 day forcast dont look much better ether ::)

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Got out to the humps on a the sled no problem.  There is a pretty solid road out there but once you get off the path it's pretty sloppy.  Maybe 3-5" of slush with about 5 inches of hard snow on top.

First flag at about 8 AM...snapped the 8 lb fluoro at the swivel.  Another hit the deadstick at 8:30 but I don't think my buddy got a solid hookset on it.  Second flag just before 9, felt weight but must not have had the whole minnow in it's mouth.  Guy next to us caught a fatty, 5lb female by guestimation.  Thinkin I'm gonna hit it up again Sat evening or sometime Sunday.

Oh and Chase, I checked the ice half way to the crappie spot.  Just about 5" of harder snow on solid ice.  Wheeler may do ok...I'll pull ya out if you need!

Offline KcFisher07

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish to Live-Live to Fish
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Anyone need a partner and want to do some eye fishin, i havnt gone yet this year, lots of northern tho. Just call me 523-5086 ask for kc.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Wondering if wheelers have been running around the last couple days with this warmer weather. How's the slush?

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:19 PM »
There is not very much slush, just deep snow in some places. I have seen some four-wheelers struggling out there. The guy's with shacks that pack the trails with their snow-mobiles do not like four wheelers eating up the trails, is what i hear. I would go with whatever transportation i had. U can go anywhere with a 4-wheeler just might have to give er! Fishing has been slow but gettin a few for those that put in their time.

Offline Flag UP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:30 PM »
There is not very much slush, just deep snow in some places. I have seen some four-wheelers struggling out there. The guy's with shacks that pack the trails with their snow-mobiles do not like four wheelers eating up the trails, is what i hear. I would go with whatever transportation i had. U can go anywhere with a 4-wheeler just might have to give er! Fishing has been slow but gettin a few for those that put in their time.

Where is the deep snow? In the bay or on the way out to the humps?

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Both areas have some snow, more towards humps. I did not take GPS coordinates of snow driftshttp://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Made it around the bay fine with the wheeler today. No slush just a little snow that pulls you around. The frozen slush from previous snowmobile and four wheeler tracks makes it a little rough.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:32 AM »
how are people doing on eyes? went out yesterday and out of four people we only caught one 15incher

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:51 AM »
its brutal man.. everything is.. i'm just picking away at the crappie.. its just no good.. the ice should just leave. spring should come. and the boats should hit the water.. i'm ready to give up.. i'll give one two more trips if it dont heat up i'm going to flip a nut.
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.