Author Topic: Lost humminbird - Lk independence UPDATE  (Read 2335 times)

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story
Lost humminbird - Lk independence UPDATE
« on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:14 PM »
My brother in law loaded his sled at the Perkins park launch Sunday night and left his new 385ci hummingbird sittin in the parking lot. Just realized it today.  His first bottom machine for ice, had it less than two weeks.

If Anyones found it, please shoot me a msg and I'll forward info

**** Thanks all for your suggestions and well wishes*****

Brother in Law put an add in the mining journal, got a call the first day it was out.  A first class dude called and said " I've been wondering if you were gonna put an ad in the paper so i could get this thing back to ya"... 

He wanted me to thank you all for him and I had to let you know that there's a lot of honest folks out there.. one of them found his machine and got it back to him.

:)
Rule #1:  Never tell your story first.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Re: Lost humminbird - Lk independence
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope someone finds it and gets back with you or your brother :tipup:

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:22 AM »
Good luck recovering it......id be totally bummed!   There's a few guys who would find it and return it to its rightfull owner.  But there's probally alot more who would rather keep it.   Expect the worst and maybe something good will happen!      Id also atleast try calling crams store and maybe even the lumberjack tavern to see if they heard anything.   Very good chance someone who doesn't even go on the internet or iceshanty.com may have found it and wants to give it back but has no way to do so.   Id even put a ad in the mining journal or action shopper newspapers.  Just say REWARD if found. And give a 50$-100$ to get it back.  Don't post the ammount of the reward because someone might rather sell it or just keep it.  Good luck!

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:39 AM »
Thanks guys.  I know he's putting an ad in the mining journal and has left a msg with the folks at the park, but they only check those msgs on weekends.  Crams and the lumberjack are both good ideas too, and will make sure he's checked with them.   

Offline michlw39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Having just bought mine a month ago, I feel the pain.

Having had a blind stolen this past season from some jackass lowlife, I don't have a lot of faith in my fellow man. Especially in this day and age.

But here's hoping I'm proven wrong in your case.

Keep a look out on Craigslist and the area pawn shops as well.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:27 PM »
I know how u feel....I had a nice portable blind on private property stolen from me two years ago.  What I would of did to catch the person in the act of taking it!   Nothing worse then a thief!

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Good luck on retrieving it. Never know it may pop up. Call the police and see if by chance anybody called in a reported finding it, Never know. Big Arn; I can tell you what is worse than a thief, My son and I put 2 ladder stands up for bowhunting on a friends 40. 3 days later 1 dissappeared. Looked around and actually found it on very rear corner of property by state land. Decided to leave it there and see if anyone used it. Sure enough saturday morning a guy was in it. Asked him about it and he got very beligerant with me. Told him it was my stand and my name was on bottom and he was on private land. Swore it was his, showed him name on bottom and he just walked away. Followed him to his vehicle and got plate number (out of state). Moved stand back where it used to be. Went out Friday afternoon and went to climb up and someone glued razor blades to the backside of steps on last 4 rungs. Got 17 stitches out of that deal. Believe that crap??? What is the world coming to? I use portables and take them home every night now   Steve   

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:46 AM »
That's about as low as it gets with the razor blades after stealing your stand.    Some people are such low lives!     Glad it wasn't me.....id still be sitting in prison for killing the guy when I found my stand with him in it!    Talk about nerve and stupidity to steal a stand and just move it a little ways.  Then put the razor blades on your steps is totally uncalled for!   U got his plate number......did the law ever do anything about it?  A story like that should of been on the news with a statewide search for his sorry azz!

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:23 AM »
Yea, I reported it and gave them liscense number. They did nothing about it though, Said no evidence if he did it. They would not tell me who the plate came back to and I never seen guy again.  They were Wisconsin tags. I had my son with me when I found him in stand and did not want to scare him. God will make whoever did it pay in the end. Every year I hear about camps broken into ,blinds and shacks stole. Wonder what is going on with people. We never locked our doors or even took keys out of vehicles till a few years ago. Don't understand what is going on to change people so much. Son slid off the road in a ditch down by hardwood friday night on fordville road. Said many cars and trucks went by and nobody stopped. Called me to come pull him out. Got to Foster city and he called and said 2 older guys stopped with a subaru imprezza  and helped him out. Actually hooked a chain on it and tugged him out.   I was not raised that way. I stop and help everyone I see broke down or stuck. I have noticed most women just crack thier window and tell me help is on the way anymore. That is o.k at least I tried. Maybe they have seen more of the bad in this world and are a little paranoid. Better safe than sorry.  Steve     

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Totally understandable not wanting your son to see any madness....had to been a hard thing to do! LoL it is a crying shame about thiefs.  It seems like they can break into camps and stuff away from town and get away with it! A person could steal a bike downtown marquette and it will make the news but a person could steal a brand new 30 thousand dollar boat from the garage of someones camp and nobody will ever hear anything about it.  No wonder the thiefs are thinking out of there butts when there out in the woods.   

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Good luck recovering it......id be totally bummed!   There's a few guys who would find it and return it to its rightfull owner.  But there's probally alot more who would rather keep it.   Expect the worst and maybe something good will happen!      Id also atleast try calling crams store and maybe even the lumberjack tavern to see if they heard anything.   Very good chance someone who doesn't even go on the internet or iceshanty.com may have found it and wants to give it back but has no way to do so.   Id even put a ad in the mining journal or action shopper newspapers.  Just say REWARD if found. And give a 50$-100$ to get it back.  Don't post the ammount of the reward because someone might rather sell it or just keep it.  Good luck!

Thats a good idea. It's a pretty small community up there (aside from vistors) and theres a good chance someone may have heard "something".....good luck :tipup:

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lost humminbird - Lk independence UPDATE
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:50 PM »
** see update on initial post *

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:03 PM »
My brother in law loaded his sled at the Perkins park launch Sunday night and left his new 385ci hummingbird sittin in the parking lot. Just realized it today.  His first bottom machine for ice, had it less than two weeks.

If Anyones found it, please shoot me a msg and I'll forward info

**** Thanks all for your suggestions and well wishes*****

Brother in Law put an add in the mining journal, got a call the first day it was out.  A first class dude called and said " I've been wondering if you were gonna put an ad in the paper so i could get this thing back to ya"... 

He wanted me to thank you all for him and I had to let you know that there's a lot of honest folks out there.. one of them found his machine and got it back to him.

:)
  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Sweet :thumbsup: It's nice to know theres still honest people out there!

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:14 PM »
Good to hear he got it back.

Offline Menotyou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:45 PM »
this does restore faith of my fellow fisherMAN

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2011, 03:56 AM »
That's great news!    Kudos to the fellow who gave it back..........goes to show there's still some good eggs out there! :)

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:15 AM »
yeah, the guy didn't want to take a dime, but brother in law insisted on $50.  The guy was just waiting to have a clue as to who to get it back to and was starting to get worried that he couldn't get it back to the owner. 

sounds like my BIL found a new fishing buddy in the process.  The guy said, 'oh, by the way it works fine, used it monday and tuesday"  lol  now the guy is gonna go buy a machine of his own.  pretty darn cool :)

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:10 AM »

sounds like my BIL found a new fishing buddy in the process.  The guy said, 'oh, by the way it works fine, used it monday and tuesday"  lol  now the guy is gonna go buy a machine of his own.  pretty darn cool :)

LOL!!!! That right there is what is the best about the ice fishing community. A guy makes a mistake and loses something and it is returned to him by a fellow outdoorsman. Karma will smile upon the person who returned what was not his, eh.

Offline michlw39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Well, that's encouraging! Glad to see there are still a lot of good guys out there.

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Glad to hear you got your equipment back, good to know theirs still some good honest people around, and for the guys that got equipment stolen and the guy who recieved stitches i know how you feel, two years ago i had one of my pop ups stolen and had the tree one of my hang on stands in cut 3/4 thru with a chain saw, the person tried to cover up sawdust with dirt and leaves but i noticed it, it took some effort getting that stand down, later in season the tree fell, i reported it to conservation said not much they could do, to my knowledge never even went and looked, now im just more careful on how and where i set stands around public land, even though most fellow sportsman would never bother another, I know now their is still some bad eggs out their!

Offline Ridgerunner12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:12 PM »
i grew up over by skanee MI all my life. I took a job in 2006 for the us forest service in wy. My fiance got me a clam flip  denalli for christmas. Some friends and i were coming back from a fishing up in big piney  . When we got back we notice my shack gone off the snowmobile trailer. It had fish camera, hummingbird 565 portable and about 3 hundred dollors of poles and tackle. I sure hope i have the same luck you did with ur finder. What pisses me off i had some bobing sticks in there .you cant those in wyoming.
ridgerunner12

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.