Author Topic: Inland Lake Conditions?  (Read 1152 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Inland Lake Conditions?
« on: Feb 12, 2009, 01:25 PM »
I've been fishing the big lake the past couple weeks and was wondering how the inland lakes look. Might go up to Indy this weekend or head down to gwinn and fish big shag, witch, or maybe head out to greenwood res, not sure where yet. any suggestions?

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Inland Lake Conditions?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009, 01:49 PM »
my dad has fished big shag and greenwood this week. ice is still good just crappy fishing conditions.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Fished this weekend and the conditions were great. by sunday all the slush was frozen up nice and solid with less than an inch of snow. ice was well over 25" in spots which made it a chore drilling holes.

Offline Prehnite44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Some of the smaller inland lakes in the Keweenaw are 2" ice, 4" slush, 3" ice, 2" slush, 6" ice, 6" snow. Pretty wierd, but sure easier than drilling 21" of solid ice. Haven't really had an amazing day of catching yet this season, but I'm hoping things will pick up with late ice.

Offline bluegillmaster2011

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:12 PM »
wow your talkin about 25'' of ice! we had a weird year in northern indiana, most ice i have ever seen in my 15 years of life, 14'' but we only had ice for about 2 months then it got to be 60 degrees and rain, some lakes are still safe but its dangerous gettin to the good ice

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:53 PM »
yup we gots lots of ice up here. so how everything look after the storm? northern was closed today and marquatte picked up 6-10" of snow, lots of wind! planning on fishing in gwinn this weekend...

Offline Superior cisco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2009, 12:27 PM »
Fished Big Shag today............SLOP as far as deep snow and layers of different ice quality goes, but stellar for fish!  So many flags and so little time!

NOP's were constant for awhile................ ....

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:11 AM »
We fished friday and saturday by Gwinn and the ice was pretty good. There was only a few inches of snow and the slush was frozen back up nice. We did get stopped by a CO on the walk back and were checked. He was a real nice guy and we talked for a bit about fishing. It was nice seeing them out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.