The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Strikemaster 40v 10” cutting out at end of cut. Normal? UPDATE w ION VIDEO  (Read 8172 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
So I'm headed up the lake yesterday with wife talking about going from 36 pounds to 16 pounds and she tells me to just get it!😜  so, all on you Josh, please let know when you get yours if it rips or craps, you are the Guinea pig. Thanks
I definitely will. On track for arrival tomorrow. Should be able to hit the ice Tuesday afternoon.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
The ion 10” composite bit is smooth cutting even thru the last couple inches of ice. The way that SM cuts is odd and annoying and flat out wouldn’t work in 2-3’ of ice. My buddy has the SM 40v with the metal 10” bit and it is smooth and steady all the way thru the ice.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I definitely will. On track for arrival tomorrow. Should be able to hit the ice Tuesday afternoon.
mines coming in tom. also . same head but went with the metal blade. ill break it in during the derby. ;)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
mines coming in tom. also . same head but went with the metal blade. ill break it in during the derby. ;)

Nice. Mines been hung up in CT unfortunately. Hoping for Tomorrow. Sorry Gamefiser. May be a few extra days on the review.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice. Mines been hung up in CT unfortunately. Hoping for Tomorrow. Sorry Gamefiser. May be a few extra days on the review.
(Image removed from quote.)

No sweat Josh, thank you  :tipup:

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Alpha came in today at 330. Too late to charge and hit the ice unfortunately. But the overall feel, fit, finish, packaging etc is top notch. The weight for a 10" is in a league of its own. Obviously, if it cuts like garbage, all is null and void. If this cuts like everyone is reporting, its going to be a complete game changer.

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking forward to your review!!

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
The Alpha came in today at 330. Too late to charge and hit the ice unfortunately. But the overall feel, fit, finish, packaging etc is top notch. The weight for a 10" is in a league of its own. Obviously, if it cuts like garbage, all is null and void. If this cuts like everyone is reporting, its going to be a complete game changer.
I want one 😋

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac

It will be interesting to see if it delivers.   I see no reason why you can't charge it and take it out to the bog with your headlamp   ;D

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
It will be interesting to see if it delivers.   I see no reason why you can't charge it and take it out to the bog with your headlamp   ;D
😆

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Funny you say that. I was going to. Then realized I had a sports boosters meeting for my daughters Field Hockey Team!!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Funny you say that. I was going to. Then realized I had a sports boosters meeting for my daughters Field Hockey Team!!

Very wise move to disappoint us vs coach doughty. ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, either this ion sucked or Josh had crocheting class last night because otherwise I feel like we would have heard about it by now. ;D

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
If he found safe ice..he my have drilled and stayed and fished ...or maybe filming, editing and producing his review after putting it through its paces .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If he found safe ice..he my have drilled and stayed and fished ...or maybe filming, editing and producing his review after putting it through its paces .

Just busting chops, Mainer's do that alot. ;D

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got mine yesterday. same head just metal bit. its 4lbs lighter than my 10'' strike mater and $260 cheaper than the plastic bit ion but that one comes with 2 batteries so roughly $100 cheaper. looks well made. was going to use it for the derby but with the 16'' and more snow coming down it will be a slush pit out there.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got mine yesterday. same head just metal bit. its 4lbs lighter than my 10'' strike mater and $260 cheaper than the plastic bit ion but that one comes with 2 batteries so roughly $100 cheaper. looks well made. was going to use it for the derby but with the 16'' and more snow coming down it will be a slush pit out there.

I am glad this is you not me Steve, HATE SLUSH!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, either this ion sucked or Josh had crocheting class last night because otherwise I feel like we would have heard about it by now. ;D

Very wise move to disappoint us vs coach doughty. ;D

Sorry Gamefisher, and fellas!! No cutting report yet. Working late, snow, kids sports, haven’t had time.

And you obviously know how Paula runs the town!!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac

And you obviously know how Paula runs the town!!

There may be people that question those cult like tactics at times but when you look at all those banners hanging,  I'm not one of them!😁  most successfully sports program in maine history,  not even close. 😎

Now,  let's get going on firing up that auger, SG has an extra $25 off.😀

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am glad this is you not me Steve, HATE SLUSH!
why i have barely ice fished the last 2 years. last year it was brutal cold then bad slush conditions. this year thin ice and now slush on that thin ice. im not as tough or crazy as i used to be. Matt and i have been on some scary thin ice back 10-20 yrs ago. damned lucky we never went in.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
why i have barely ice fished the last 2 years. last year it was brutal cold then bad slush conditions. this year thin ice and now slush on that thin ice. im not as tough or crazy as i used to be. Matt and i have been on some scary thin ice back 10-20 yrs ago. damned lucky we never went in.

Yes, and neither of you guys are "petite  "😜  please tell teampar hi for me next time you see him.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we were on squa pan one time on 2.5 in of clear ice. started to snap and crack. i looked at him and said ''dude get the hell away from me!'' he did and he never got sore about me saying it. knew i was right. ;)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am pleased to report the 10" Ion Alpha Plus far exceeded my expectations. It's far ahead of anything else I've seen on the market. Seems toyishly light. Cuts effortlessly. Zero, and I mean zero catching, cutting out at the bottom of the hole. Drilled about 75 holes in 12" of ice. Still had 2 out of 3 battery bars. Working on the video now. Gamefisher, Id jump any deal you find. You won't de disappointed.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You should send that picture to Ion and see if they want to use in some of their promos, that is a super cool shot!  Thanks for the legwork Josh, time to exercise the credit card  :tipup:

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
I am pleased to report the 10" Ion Alpha Plus far exceeded my expectations. It's far ahead of anything else I've seen on the market. Seems toyishly light. Cuts effortlessly. Zero, and I mean zero catching, cutting out at the bottom of the hole. Drilled about 75 holes in 12" of ice. Still had 2 out of 3 battery bars. Working on the video now. Gamefisher, Id jump any deal you find. You won't de disappointed.

(Image removed from quote.)
Hell yeah haha

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You should send that picture to Ion and see if they want to use in some of their promos, that is a super cool shot!  Thanks for the legwork Josh, time to exercise the credit card  :tipup:

X2! Not that I want to see your videos have any kind of sponsorship (your videos are a joy as they are), but that’s a wicked shot.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
That is the cats meow of augers with the new alpha. I have last year’s and I’m already looking get the upgrade.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Heres the video of the ION in action if anyone wants to check it out!!!

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Looks smooth

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I can't wait for the video of -30 this weekend and how it performs.... take one for the team Josh! @) :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.