Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212386 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1230 on: Jan 27, 2023, 03:50 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                              It's 29* and partly cloudy here on my hill.
                              Just a quick good morning and I'm off to try for some Lakers and Salmon.
                              I-45 ..........I hope you are feeling better and the procedure goes well. :thumbsup:
                              Dom..........That sucks about your Pine visitor. :%$#!:
                              Yesterday was snow blowing detail, we only got 3" with freezing rain on top. the snow blowing went well
                              I'm running late so........
                              I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1231 on: Jan 27, 2023, 04:29 AM »
22* cloudy.
IW, good luck today.
Ice 47, no new jeep.
Will stop back in when we get home.
Have a good morning and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1232 on: Jan 27, 2023, 05:28 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Party cloudy skies and 24*, high of 34 today. Extended forecast showing some decent ice making temps for the beginning of February, there’s still hope, lol.  :tipup:

H2…best wishes to your wife this morning!   :bow: :thumbsup:
  Jeff..best of luck today, will be looking forward to your report!!  :clap:  Glad the to read the guessers were way off on your snow accumulation!
  I-45…X2 on Jeff’s reply, sending best wishes your way!!  :thumbsup:
  Steve.. thanks for sharing the info on the snowshoes and the PM, will keep you posted!   :thumbsup: 
  Bud…good news on the saw finally, hope they have it ready for you today!   :clap:
  ATC/KC…welcome to the 9:45!  :thumbsup:  Pretty much anything that floats your boat is spoken here…right now it’ seems to be most of the lakes around here unfortunately!  ;D
  Dom..ouch on the soffit and roof, ughh! As mentioned, hope the adjuster has been by and the repairs can be made ASAP, best wishes to you on that!  :thumbsup: 
  Marv…thanks for sharing the moose video, that was cool seeing both antlers flying off!!  :clap:  Thanks again for sharing the snowshoe info…must say, I was hoping to see some trophies and medals but it is what is!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Wally…lol, we have lots of those pictures in our collection now!!  :roflmao: :clap:  Banana bread would go great with this coffee right now…yum! Sticker shocked at the grocery store again…I put the blinders on and just stayed numb while my wife checked off her list.  :woot:

Off to see the Dr. again this morning also. I’m giving 5 to 1 odds he forgets the handshake.. ;D
  I drove by a couple lakes yesterday, some were in pretty decent shape all things considered from the recent snow. Now if we can just avoid the white stuff for a few more days until the cold moves in, we may see some safer ice soon! 
  Cawfee’s good and strong this morning….
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1233 on: Jan 27, 2023, 05:41 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

27 degrees with a couple inches of snow just in time for the rush hour. My wife needs to go in today so I am sure she will have a white knuckle drive. Bye late afternoon the temps start to drop and by tomorrow single digits which will continue into next week.

mr.clean...Thanks for the recap.

Bud...Hunkering down here ;D Hope they get your saw up and buzzing :thumbsup:

45...Best wishes for next week :thumbsup: Hope you start feeling better.

IW...Best of luck on the ice today :thumbsup:

h2l...Safe travels today. Best wishes to your wife :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the bread was a hit :thumbsup:

Eddie... Good luck with your Dr. appointment this morning. I believe I will hold all bets :roflmao:

A couple of errands later today, but first a little snow to scrape.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Best of luck to anyone hitting the ice :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1234 on: Jan 27, 2023, 10:59 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope the procedure went smoothly  ;)

Eddie.....another training day for the doc or did he remember his previous lessons  ???

WS.....safe travels to MrsWS  :)  tick tock January's ALMOST over, don't slip up now  :nono: :roflmao:

IW.....hope the trout are feeding  :tipup:

IFF....fingers crossed you're up and running before the rain Sunday  :unsure:

The wood boiler sprung a leak last night  :o  what a PITA  :%$#!:  back to the fireplace and oil furnace until Monday when a guy's coming to do some welding  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1235 on: Jan 27, 2023, 12:24 PM »
Everything went well. She is sleeping now. Thanks for the "well wishes"...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1236 on: Jan 27, 2023, 01:23 PM »
Good day reading 42 on my balcony thermometer this morning's partly cloudy sky had changed to overcast with dark clouds. Using the flag at nearby firehouse as a guide wind speed is in 5 to 10 mph range. Among my Email messages so far today one from Sportman's Guide ice fishing sale prices good until midnight central time on Feb. 3RD . Use code SG4576 to save $25 dollars off a $ 200 dollars or higher purchase.

Update on my extended family message from my cousin in Vermont she officially became a great grandmother last night . Knox Matthew arrived at 6:20 Pm weighs 7lbs.*oz. 20 1/2 inches in length both baby and mother are doing fine. my cousin included a few photos of Knox and his mother happy for her and glad all went well with the birth .
Icefisher-45 sorry it has been a bad week for you. keeping you in my thoughts may the doctor/doctors find source of the bleeding be able to stop it along with removing the kidney stones. Best wished for you.
Ice Wanderer may you find the lake trout and salmon active and feeding . Good to read your area of NY. did not receive to much snow.
hunts2long great to hear your wife's procedure went well and you are now back home.
Eddie good to hear my PM went through to you. best wished for you at the doctor's me he remember to shake your hand. nice that your area lakes do not look worse after this last snow storm.
Whopper Stopper may your wife have safe trip to and from her job today. I hope my snowshoe info./story is of help to someone in hindsight and after using them in the future if i start to do more snowshoeing will look at getting a wider and longer pair for better floatation in deeper powdery snow. i have to search for a location that rents the military style of wood framed traditional shoes .
Wallyworld glad that you have the fireplace and oil fired furnace to keep the house warm and prevent pipes from freezing until wood boiler can be repaired.  Not to be pessimistic but are not the boiler made from cast iron from what i know cast iron is hard to weld. hopefully for the two of you I 'm wrong on this information.

Have a good Friday, keep safe and healthy . Best to all fishing .
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1237 on: Jan 27, 2023, 01:38 PM »
It's been a weird winter up here so far this year.
More than double the usual snowfall and it's been warmer than normal.
From mid December until yesterday I have not had to plug in the vehicle to get it to run.
Winter came back today though.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1238 on: Jan 28, 2023, 04:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 23* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                           H2l.........I hope you wife's procedure went well.  :thumbsup:
                           Dom.......I hope the adjuster came and you can get your roof repaired before any wet weather come. :unsure:
                           Wally......A leak in the wood boiler would certainly be a PITA. Hopefully it was a quick fix. :whistle: Did Mr.  WW have to pull off all the outer
                shell to get to the leak? ???
                           Eddie......I hope you had a good visit with your doctor and he remembered to shake hands. :blink: I got a letter from the "VA" and my doctor
                 retired, so I'll be breaking in a new one on my next visit. :woot:
                           Marv.......Hopefully Jo had decent ride in to work and the steering wheel doesn't have deep finger groves in it. :unsure: :roflmao:
                 That video of the moose shedding it's horns was amazing. :flex: Thanks to you and Dom for it. :clap:
                           Steve......Congratulat ions to your cousin for becoming a grandmother of a healthy baby boy. :clap:
                           Dave.......The weather is weird all over, I'm not surprised that you are getting a different weather. With warmer temps, you get more snow. :whistle:
                           Yesterday fishing trip was a bust. It was nice when i got there but the clouds a front moved in and i didn't mark a fish and didn't have any flags. :%$#!:
                  I gave up at noon. :blink:
                            Not much on the planner today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1239 on: Jan 28, 2023, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and calm 25* on the Hill, high of 40 today with some sunshine, should help knock down some snow.  :tipup:

Jeff…dang, sorry the bite wasn’t on for you fellas. Days like that not marking fish can be frustrating but they make the good ones that much more rewarding…better luck next with your next adventure!   :flex: :thumbsup:  The Dr. opened up with an apology for running about 15 minutes late and a Good Morning…so I cut him some slack and just put my hand out before he focused on the computer screen, lol.
  Dave…anytime you’re ready to send that weather South East for a week or so it would be greatly appreciated here…less the snow!  ;D  Cabin bound this weekend??
  Steve…Congratulations on the arrival of Knox to the family! Great news on Mother and baby doing well, thanks for sharing!  :clap: :bow:  Just need some colder temperatures to move in now and do their thing…hope the extended forecast is somewhat close.
  H2…very good news on your wife, glad to read that!  :clap:  A buddy of mine who has a camp on the reservoir has been fishing some of the bays…they got into a real nice pike yesterday, 9” of ice where they were.
  Wally…ughh, sorry to read about the boiler crapping out, hopefully it’s an easy fix for the welder and light on the pocket book!  :%$#!:  Guess on the plus side, Dave is hoarding that below zero weather to himself at the moment…best wishes being back on line Monday!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope Jo had safe travels yesterday with the jungle driver’s!! X2 on Wally’s reply yesterday, closing in fast now!  ;D :thumbsup:

Dr.’s appointment went as well as could be expected yesterday, thanks for the best wishes everyone!   :thumbsup:
  Made a quick stop on the way home to see if one of the grocery stores still had a small sale on meat, pleasantly surprised there was still some to be found. Turned around and sent that savings into eggs and the gas tank…eggs $5dz.,  gas was up to $3.69gl. yesterday…but the President said things are looking good on the way home!! Those were the last words I heard on that station..and my wife was treated to some construction worker language for the remainder of the ride as my blood pressure spiked, Doh! Even the oldies station didn’t help much!  :roflmao: :nono:
  Cawfee’s on…scrambled $5 eggs coming up (hoping for double yolkers) with venison sausage this morning, you know where the plates are!  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1240 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:26 AM »
28* and it looks like we got an inch of new snow.

IW, sorry to hear that the fishing wasn't so hot.

Eddie, glad the appt. went OK. The wife got 2 doz. eggs at BJ's last week for 7.99.

I think the wife has caught up on the sleep, she is feeling better.

WW, good luck with the boiler repair.

I think I have to help the wife today, she is making Italian Wedding soup, stuffed bread and a pie for Amber's Birthday dinner. Her birthday was Tuesday.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1241 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:33 AM »

0 degrees, may see +6 by mid afternoon. The next few days I will be able to throw in some of my bigger blocks.

mr.clean...Congratulat ions on the addition of Knox :thumbsup:

IW...Sorry to read the fish didn't cooperate. Hopefully your next outing puts a few in the bucket :thumbsup:

Eddie...The Rheumatologist I had was always 30-60 minutes late and he never offered any apologies  :%$#!: Eggs here are $3.99-$8.

WW...Tough luck on the boiler ;) :%$#!: Hope the fix goes well Monday :thumbsup:

h2l...Happy belated Birthday to Amber :clap: :clap:

Mr wife shared a slow ride yesterday morning, but by the afternoon the roads were clear sailing. She gets very frustrated when she has to be at her jungle desk and abides, then goes the entire day of not seeing any of the powers within other than an email or two which she could have gotten while at her desk from home :cookoo:

I believe a ride to Scheels is on tap for the day.

Hope you all have  good day :%$#!: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1242 on: Jan 28, 2023, 07:26 AM »
Eddy glad the appointment was ok.  Wish it was better.. :-\
 Here is an old photo for MrClean/Steve from he’s stomping grounds..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1243 on: Jan 28, 2023, 07:36 AM »
Morning all,

MrC....congrats on Knox's safe arrival, good to hear Mom and baby are doing well :clap: 

Eddie.....nice your doc is actually aware that his patient's time is worth something too and his being late matters  :bow:  last I looked eggs were well over $6  >:(

IW.....sorry the fishing trip was a bust  :(  yes MrWW tore the boiler apart yesterday, cleaned it all up and it's ready for repairs  ;)

WS.....sounds like a good day for some cribbage by the fire  :woot:  can't blame MrsWS for being aggravated, especially when the roads are bad  :%$#!:

H2L.....happy belated birthday to Amber, enjoy the celebration  :thumbsup: 

Nothing much planned today, just another day with temps above freezing and gusty winds  ::) 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1244 on: Jan 28, 2023, 08:06 AM »
Good morning. Any coffee left  ??? 28, bright sunshine, and a trip into town I’m thinking.

Daughters trying to bribe me to come to Wisconsin to ice fish with a list of February tournaments there then back to Tennessee after Super Bowl Sunday. So for now TBD
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1245 on: Jan 28, 2023, 09:27 AM »
Roads closed around the state so.made the last load of the week not show up yesterday so guess it might be at the plant on Monday. Snowing here, need to move snow and then get the snowmobile ready to get some more wood cut and moved to split and get ready for the cold tomorrow night through Wednesday another -20 or better they are talking about. Have a great Saturday and hope everyone is stating safe and warm in these storms that keep hitting different parts of the country. Hope you get the boiler fixed WW.

My MIL just posted this as the boysen derby we did back in 2013, was a couple years after I started doing the derby.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1246 on: Jan 28, 2023, 10:48 AM »
Misty was moving furniture this morning..🤣
  Dom ✌️

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1247 on: Jan 28, 2023, 11:09 AM »
Misty was moving furniture this morning..🤣
  Dom ✌️

:roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1248 on: Jan 28, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Dom that you’re turtle trap ???

Sure got a workout saw is a buzzing again

Few more loads to go

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1249 on: Jan 29, 2023, 03:44 AM »

-3 at present, should drop a few more before working it's way toward our guessed high of +4 later this afternoon. A light wind will make the "feels like temp" noticeable.

IW....Who are we pulling for today when the games start  :-\

Eddie...Every time I hear what an excellent job people are doing in Washington, and how the economy has never been better, I have the same reaction as you. I am guessing upset construction worker language is about the same as a mad tree choppers lingo with the possibility of a regional twist ???

WW...Hope the weather stays mild for another day while you burn the oil. Once the boiler is fixed, I will go back to wishing some :icefish: weather for you. Maybe today the cribbage board will come out ;D

Bud...Some good looking wood, glad the saw is back to buzzing :thumbsup:

Fish...Nice picture :thumbsup:

Dom...You could tie a Swiffer Duster to Misty as long as she is moving the furniture anyway ;D

I didn't find anything I had to have at Scheels yesterday. My s-i-l bought 2 new game cameras that they had on sale. The one she uses for the rabbit videos is on it's way out and the bears took the lens out of one of the shack cameras.

The highlight of the trip was driving on the freeway and getting past by a motorcycle doing about 75mph. I suppose the part that stood out was the guy wasn't dressed very heavy and he had no helmet or gloves. Did I mention it was 4 degrees ???

Hope you all have a good Sunday no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Best of luck to anyone finding some ice :thumbsup:

Keep healthy and stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1250 on: Jan 29, 2023, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and cloudy 22* this am, high of 41 forecasted.

Marv…some good ice making weather there today, hopefully it moves East!!  :tipup:  I’m pretty certain our colorful language contains the same adjectives and nouns, lol.  :roflmao:  Glad your S-I-L found a good buy on the cameras yesterday! Must have been some sight seeing the motorcycle coming up in the rear view and blowing by…you just never know what you’ll see on the roads!  :roflmao: :thumbsup: :woot:
  Bud…congrats on getting the saw back, looks like it’s performing well for you!  :clap: 
  Dom…thanks for sharing Misty, I’ll pass that one along to my kids today when they come over!  :clap:   Nice old photo and info on the coal dock,
  FH4…what a great way for your daughter to make the paper, that’s awesome!!  Can see why that derby remains a family tradition, great stuff!!  :clap: :bow:
  Wally…agree on the Dr., he seems to run a pretty tight ship and has rarely been more than a few minutes behind schedule… :thumbsup:  We’ll keep working on the handshake first next visit!  ;D
  H2..Happy be-lated Birthday to Amber, hope you all enjoyed a fine meal together yesterday!  :clap:  Best of luck on the lanes this evening and tagging that 50/50 drawing again!  :thumbsup:  A couple of my sons buddies got into some nice pike and a few decent walleyes yesterday on the reservoir.
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today? Yesterday I had pictures come up on my phone on a Lake George trip 4 years ago..must not have had global warming back then?   ;D

Believe the whole family will be by for Sunday dinner today, spaghetti and meatballs on the menu as requested. Celebrating two things today…Finleigh will get to meet all the family members today and her Moms Birthday was yesterday, so should be a joyful day for everyone.  ;D
  Time to get the Sunday gravy started…Cawfee’s on! 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1251 on: Jan 29, 2023, 05:53 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                              I lost my first post =, so I'll try again.
                              It's 20* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Marv.........I can't imagine riding a motorcycle in weather like that. :cookoo: I think I'm going with the Eagles and Cincinnati. :whistle:
                              Eddie........Today's get together sounds like a good time. :clap: I hope you are planning on Garlic bread with the spaghetti and meatballs. :thumbsup:
                              Wally.........I can picture what the boiler looks like striped down. I hope the leak is in a spot that is easy to get to. :unsure: Yesterday I went
                out and cleaned out my boiler and took a good look around but I would never see anything until it started leaking. :blink:
                              H2l...........That soup sounded yummy. :clap: I wish you good luck on the lanes tonight. :thumbsup:
                              Bud..........I'm glad the saw is up and running. Nice looking wood. :flex: Do you have a wood splitter? ???
                              Fish..........You certainly are getting your fair share of winter out there. :whistle:
                              Not much going on today except football this afternoon.
                              I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1252 on: Jan 29, 2023, 06:29 AM »
24* and they are saying "snow coming", this time of year it is always "coming".

The dinner was very good, I really enjoyed the chocolate pie.

Eddie, I rode down to the campsite and there were 4 or 5 pop-ups out on the ice and also 4 or 5 shanties on the beach waiting to hit the ice. Lots of snowmobiles also. Still no one fishing up near Sport Island. Glad they got into some fish, with the water being so high, more places for them to roam.

IW, you may be right but I am thinking 49's and Chiefs.

WS, we may see some night time temps in the single digits by the end of the week.

IFF, nice pile of wood, do you have a splitter?

WW, maybe some good ice on the way with some colder temps on the way.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l

Raq, with Misty around I guess things that "go bump" in the night doesn't brother you!
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1253 on: Jan 29, 2023, 07:44 AM »
Morning all,

WS....a round or two of cribbage and a loaf of banana bread should carry you thru to the finish line no problem  :whistle:

Eddie.....what a great day in store for the Mason family, ENJOY  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

H2L....fingers crossed for a repeat of last week on the alleys tonight  :flex:

IFF.....glad to see the saw's doing the job  :thumbsup:  those huskeys are heavy to sling around  :flex: :bow:

IW.....luckily we were home and MrWW heard the pump running after we went to bed, he got up to see why the pump was running, noticed the temp on the boiler was way low. When he opened the door the water was spraying inside the fire box  :o  there was no way anyone could have seen any warning ahead of time   ::)  I'll try to get a couple pics of the boiler today

Eagles/Bengals sounds right  :)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1254 on: Jan 29, 2023, 07:54 AM »
22* to start the day. It looks like we got at least 6 inches of snow overnight. I am glad I got what we had blown yesterday.

Marv That should have been hammered dulcimer in the pm yesterday. There is a Dulcimer Festival in Evart every year. That is where I met one of the best dulcimer players there is. Search "Wes Linenkugel Hammered Dulcimer" and you will see what I mean. He is a lot older now as his red beard is now white.

Bud It is good to see the saw is up and running.  What length bar do you have on it? It looks pretty long.

Raq You should have to take a big snapping turtle out of a 330 conibear. It was as wide as the trap. We put it on ice to calm it down so we could get it out.

Time to get some breakfast and get the snowblower going.
I had my cat scan of my kidneys on Friday. They had trouble getting IV started so they had to call an RN to finally get it started. One of the sticks bleed pretty bad. No results yet

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1255 on: Jan 29, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Marv That should have been hammered dulcimer in the pm yesterday. There is a Dulcimer Festival in Evart every year. That is where I met one of the best dulcimer players there is. Search "Wes Linenkugel Hammered Dulcimer" and you will see what I mean. He is a lot older now as his red beard is now white.

He is very good :thumbsup: I wanted my s-i-l to buy a Hammered Dulcimer because she picks that kind of stuff up pretty fast. She thought about it but just didn't have the time to commit.

Best of luck with the scan results TT :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine took a pine tree down yesterday and sent me a picture before he dropped it. I thought some may enjoy some "Tree Chopper" humor

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1256 on: Jan 29, 2023, 10:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 41* here and cloudy. Me and Mr Dickens ventured out to pay the rent. Landlord likes it deposited into the bank. We saw some people on the ice. Not sure how safe it is. My wife is working today. Taking me to my procedure on Tuesday. Hopefully they can figure out where all the blood is coming from.

Raquettedacker, What type of Tortoise is Misty. She does a good job of moving furniture for you.

Tom Turkey, Prayers you get good results.

WallyWorld, Good thing you were home. Are you going to need a new boiler?

Hunts2long, How is your wife? Good luck tonight on the lanes.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like a relaxing afternoon.

Mason Eddie, Happy Belated Birthday to Finleighs mom. Spaghetti and meatballs sound delicious. That’s great that your family is all getting together.

IFF, Thats a lot of cordwood.

Whopper Stopper, Have a great day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1257 on: Jan 29, 2023, 02:54 PM »
A buddy of mine took a pine tree down yesterday and sent me a picture before he dropped it. I thought some may enjoy some "Tree Chopper" humor

WS

Love it  :roflmao: :thumbsup: :clap: >:D :woot:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1258 on: Jan 29, 2023, 06:00 PM »
Tom it’s a 24” bar 3.5 HP motor

Jeff no splitter … yet 🤠

Marv you and your buddies are weird  :roflmao:love it

Looking like weather guessers are saying 6 more days of moisture  ::)
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1259 on: Jan 29, 2023, 08:22 PM »
Good evening hopefully the extended weather forecast is correct start Tuesday the cold out W.S.'s way arrives and for a few days the daily high temperature will be at or below freezing . :clap: :thumbsup: Now the big question do I take a chance a buy a new fishing license or will that jinx things for me and others in my section of NY.
Ice Wanderer to bad the fish did not cooperate on your last outing .
Eddie may everyone have enjoyed the dinner and meeting Finleigh. Belated birthday wishes sent for your DIL . glad it was a good Dr. appointment nice of the doctor to apologize for running behind schedule maybe next time you will get a handshake. Nice to read that your son's friend were able to get out on GSL and caught some nice sized pike and walleye. may the colder weather stay in the area so the Walleye challenge can be held see if you can catch a bigger pike this year.
Hunts2long may it have been a good night for you and your teammates at the bowling alley . Belated birthday wishes for Amber glad everyone enjoyed the celebration dinner.
Whopper Stopper glad you wife had no problems getting to and from work on Friday. Sure she had some upset office worker language to use about her bosses not being there after she made the ride in Winter conditions. Nice your SIL found the game cameras on sale bears always seem to find the cameras and damage them over time. May you not be going through to mmuch oak and other hardwoods keeping the house warm in the low temperatures.
Raquettedacker thank you for the photo from Newburgh's past and of misty.
Wallyworld as you posted good that you were home and awoken by the pump running may the boiler only need welding to put it back into service.
IFF glad you have the chain saw back and it is running like new. be careful loading the wood looks like some large size pieces in your photos.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for sharing the photo nice memento for your daughter to have and relive the memories of that derby .
Tomturkey may you have all the snow blow. Hopefully the results from kidney scan will be good news for you. Thank you for sharing the old tow truck photo with raquettedacker and to him for posting it in the Off Topic thread.
Icefisher-45 best wished for you on Tuesday. to answer some of your questions. Wallyworld and her husband hope the boiler can be welded to repair the leak and not need to purchase a new one. I believe a page or two back in this thread Raquettedacker posted what species of tortoise Misty is believe she is some type of African tortoise without going back to look for his post.

May everyone have a good week. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.