Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 218355 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1200 on: Jan 24, 2023, 09:28 PM »
Good evening,checking weather forecasts the guessers saying 1-5 inches for my count and 5-9 inches for the county North and Northwest of mine. In local news the young runner (Karrie Bologa) I've posted about a couple times competed this past Saturday in the U.S. Track & Field under twenty cross country champions ships. She finished fifth in the race and qualified for the under 20 U.S. team so next month she will compete at the world championships in Australia. Sadly I see there were mass shootings in California again  and Des Moines,Iowa . News report i watched said to the time of report that there have been 39 mass shootings so far this year. Sobering and sad.
Ice Wanderer may you be rested and ready for tomorrow's storm . Hopefully not another 12" for your area of NY.  Do you bring the snow blower home with you or have a personal machine that you use to clear your driveway so you can get out and to the various job locations.
Hunts2long happy to read your new snow blower handled the snow without a problem and is easier to maneuver . Just a suggestion if the people doing the road clearing are town employees and possibly also do the garbage pick-up next time it snows on a pick-up day call the town/village hall next day if garbage is not picked-up to see when they plan to make the pick-up. Here in New Windsor employees who plow also handle to garbage disposal.
Eddie good to read your snow blower was up to the job and the mail box is still standing . Glad you got some help from your granddaughter with the snow before she went in and enjoyed your i-pad while you worked .
wally enjoy the bread if there is any remaining . Agree currently does not look good for ice fishing what ice does exist in many places is not the best quality and the recent and coming snow will slow down the ice making process.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the snowshoe lesson .I agree there are pro-cons to the traditional style and modern day,plus the various regional styles. Some work best in open areas other in woods . When you do get to the shack may you find it in good condition .
Fish/hunt4ever glad you and the family enjoyed the derby. Nice story on how you first started fishing the event.
Zcm-82 seen your posts in one of the weather threads may you not have received to much snow from the storm headed to NY.

May those in path of this latest storm see no problems from it. keep safe ,try to stay healthy.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1201 on: Jan 25, 2023, 04:49 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

28 mild degrees with a high of 30 expected. The guesses are calling for a light dusting of snow before the days end. Saturday into next week we have a batch of cold air moving in.

I am off to the shower and then I'm jungle bound for an early morning Dentist appointment. It's just a cleaning, so it shouldn't amount to much.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1202 on: Jan 25, 2023, 04:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 22* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Steve..........I use my son's snow blower for doing the driveways that I do for him. Ab=nd it's here on my trailer. And I use my snow blower
              for my driveway. I have an Ariens and he has a Husqvarna, I like my blower better but I would only take it to do his driveways if his breaks down. :blink:
                         Eddie..........Aren't grandkids great. :whistle: You should teach her to plug the tablet in to the charger when she's done. :flex:
                         Marv...........I've never had a pair of snow shoes, I did barrow a pair to take to Maine one year but never used them. :P
                         Wally..........I hope you are prepared for the storm that is coming? ???
                         H2l............My town use to pick up our garbage but the supervisor we had a few years ago thought that she could save the town money by doing
               away with the pick up and had a waste disposal company come in. It cost us more money than they were worth. The town still operates the transfer station.
               So I take my garbage to that. It cost $2 a bag of garbage and recycles are free, :cookoo: I'm glad your snow blower works great. :flex:
                         Fish............At least you got out and did land some fish. :thumbsup: Good luck with the up coming storm. :whistle:
                         Yesterdays weather was supposed to be a couple of snow showers but it snowed vey lightly all day long. We got 2" out of it.
                         Today I'm going to get ready for tonight's storm about 12" the guessers are saying.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1203 on: Jan 25, 2023, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  26* and cloudy on the Hill, high of 30 today. Last evening’s forecast was calling for 3-6” of snow today.

Jeff…we’ve been through the charging drill several times with my granddaughter, sometimes it’s followed, lol.  ;D  Man, your area is going to get hit hard again! Hopefully the guessers are off and it stays on the lower end..rest is a good idea today!   :thumbsup:
   Marv…safe travels and good luck at the dentist! Thanks for sharing the snowshoe info…at the rate we’re going here, might have to look into them, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…best of luck to Karrie making the US Team and competing at that level, outstanding!!  :bow:  Can’t understand all these mass shootings going on among many of the other things going on in this country..it’s frightening.
  FH4…hope that Derby remains a family tradition, glad you all had a great time!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…that cinnamon raisin bread sure sounds good, yum!!  :thumbsup:  Hope today’s snow stays on the lower end out your way also…we sure don’t need anymore at the moment!
  H2…glad the new machine is working out well for you, looking like another workout coming up for it today. Have they started to release any water from the reservoir yet?

Heading out to the grocery store this am to see what’s affordable before the snow moves in. Going to swing by a few of the lakes on the way and see if anyone is out.  Cawfee’s on…
  Happy Hump Day to those working!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1204 on: Jan 25, 2023, 06:00 AM »
22* and cloudy.

I put the garbage back out yesterday morning. It was still there about noon so I put it in the Jeep and took it over myself. I had just gotten back home and the truck went by the house, oh well.

Eddie, doesn't look like it is going down, but there were 2 guys fishing off the campsite yesterday afternoon.

I take the jeep in for an oil change this morning. My fuel sensor light is still coming on at times and they are going to look at that, it is still under warranty. Also, going to check on tire prices for the CRV.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1205 on: Jan 25, 2023, 06:15 AM »
Morning all, 32° and snowing heavily here.

Under a winter storm watch... supposed to snow clear through Saturday now. Forecast is 3-6" today, then an additional 1-3 the next few days. Supposed to have a big cold snap rolling in behind the snow, so with any luck, I'll be back on pond ice by the middle to end of next week.

Nothing much else really happening around here. It's been too warm to ice fish, and too crappy to really go do anything else outside. I'm about out of things to load, so that's a dead end too for now.

h2l - tires have gone nuts. I had to put a couple on my car a few months ago, and the cheapest little 14" donuts for it I could find in stock anywhere were about $75 a pop. Last time I had put tires on it was maybe 2 years ago, and they were around $40 then.

IW - hope the heavy stuff misses you 🤞

mr.clean - thanks. We don't have any ice for it to ruin, but I'd rather not have to run the snowblower. I've not had to use it at all so far this winter. We've gotten a lot of rain, but very little snow this winter. This is one of the mildest Januaries I can recall in the 16 years I've been living here. We had a couple weeks where it only got below freezing a few nights.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1206 on: Jan 25, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope all goes well with the dentist this morning  ;D

IW.....fingers crossed the weatherman is over guessing your snow total  :blink:

Eddie.....how are Mom and Finleigh doing  ???  how has Emerson adjusted to having a baby sister  ???

MrC.....these mass shootings are horrible but so are the daily local shootings/stabbings that never hit national coverage   :cookoo: :nono: :%$#!: :'(

H2L.....better be sitting down when you hear the tire prices  :o   :pinch:

Z.....sounds like most of our January too, been green grass most of the time, cold weather coming this weekend  ;)

See there's already some schools closing early today, weatherman says 2-4" of snow then back to the sleet/freezing rain/rain crap  :%$#!: the sky is real pretty this morning with the pink/red streaks, not a good sign  :nono:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1207 on: Jan 25, 2023, 07:46 AM »

Wally…I think Emerson is passing the big brother test with flying colors!!   :clap:
  Mom and Finleigh are both doing well, thank you for asking!  :thumbsup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1208 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:32 AM »
Looks like we will have some more ice making weather still sticking around, see some colder temps the beginning of the week.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1209 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:49 AM »
Awesome picture Ed.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1210 on: Jan 25, 2023, 09:20 AM »

Excellent pic Eddie. Been taking care of my mother 24/7 now.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1211 on: Jan 25, 2023, 11:42 AM »
Awesome picture Ed.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

X 10 Eddie

OG....Thoughts and prayers for you, your Mom and family.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1212 on: Jan 25, 2023, 12:37 PM »
X 10 Eddie

OG....Thoughts and prayers for you, your Mom and family.

WS

Yep what he said  :)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #1213 on: Jan 25, 2023, 03:53 PM »
Yep what he said  :)
YA!! Me Too!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1214 on: Jan 25, 2023, 07:43 PM »
31* at 8 pm. It has been snowing small wet flakes all day. It has added up to less than 4 inches on the ground. I did blow off what had accumulated where we park just before supper. Where there was dirt I ended up blowing muddy looking snow.

IW My garbage service just went to a one-man truck that picks up the carts and dumps them. I was glad to see they dumped into the side of the truck. When they set it down the lid is closed. The other service that picks up here dumps it into a place in the top front of the truck. Allowing junk to blow out if it is windy. They also set the tub down open so if it is raining or snowing it gets wet inside causing frozen in trash in the winter.
I have a TroyBuilt 10-24. It does a good job. I need to have my friend that got it running for me get a new carb for it as I have to run with the choke on a touch.

Eddie, It looks like Emmerson is going to like being a big brother. My granddaughter, who is the mother of my great grandson, has a good friend that I consider a part of the family. She had a set of girl twins a while back. I saw a picture of the twins with her son. It looked like he was going to be a good big brother just like Emmerson.

WS I love my 10x56 inch snow shoes. The 10 inch wide shoes make it easier to walk. I wish I knew how many miles I put on them trapping. I do not think I would like them any longer. I have seen metal shoes. Aren't they military surplus?  I loaned my bear-paws to a friend for his fruit tree-trimming crew to try. When I got them back he had tied a piece of broom handle to the to act as a tail. It is the tail that keeps them tracking straight.

WW Why aren't you fishing your big lake? There is hardly any ice on any of the big lakes!

Got to get groceries and pick up meds tomorrow. The wife has pre-op physical for her hand surgery Friday.  I have a cat scan of my liver. The new doctor I have thinks he is going to make a new man out of this old coot! This makes 5 weeks straight he has scheduled something. It has been twice this week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1215 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:33 PM »
WS I love my 10x56 inch snow shoes. The 10 inch wide shoes make it easier to walk. I wish I knew how many miles I put on them trapping. I do not think I would like them any longer. I have seen metal shoes. Aren't they military surplus? I loaned my bear-paws to a friend for his fruit tree-trimming crew to try. When I got them back he had tied a piece of broom handle to the to act as a tail. It is the tail that keeps them tracking straight.

There may be some army surplus shoes out there, however the ones I have are new manufacture. Snowshoeing took on a whole new life a few years go, can't say it was all for the best either. A couple of the better metal shoe brands are MSR, Tubbs, and Atlas. There are many others, but these three are pretty good. The weight ratings are different for the metal type as they were for the traditional shoes. The pair of Atlas shoes that I have are about 10" wide but only 36" long. Supposedly they will float a 215 pound person but being well under that, they don't come close to the float of the old wooden traditionals.

I went to a couple of the snowshoe trails around me and basically all they were was an  ice packed trail. I doubt if any of the people using the trail had ever been out in blow downs or deep snow, I could have done just fine wearing tennis shoes. If your Dr. comes through and succeeds in making a young buck out of you again, we will have to meet up some place and I will bring my old running/racing shoes with. That's a whole different game that I am pretty sure WW wouldn't approve of at our ages :roflmao:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1216 on: Jan 25, 2023, 09:51 PM »
Good evening period of snow around 9 AM and in early afternoon now all rain so much for the 1-5 '' of snow. So just water on top of any ice on local lakes. I need to check reports for the two counties i mentioned in yesterday's post that were forecasted to receive 5-9 ' of snow.
Whopper Stopper hope all went well at the dentist and no follow up visit needed at a future date. thank you for explain modern snowshoes to Tomturkey saved me some typing.
Ice Wanderer thanks for answering my question on the snowblower. Pardon my ignorance but not sure what (ab=nd) means need to research it. may you not have received 12" of snow today and spent most of the day clearing driveways.
Eddie thank you for sharing the photo.I hope you have some money left after shopping.
Hunts2long may the fuel sensor like coming on be an easy and cheap repair. Now that i have property taxes paid can look at new tires for my GMC Terrain and see how much they will cost current tires starting to dry-rot .It seems like after you bring the garbage cans in or take to transfer station yourself the truck finally shows uo at your home.
Zcm-82 may you not be dealing with any weather related problems from the snow if your forecast was correct . Hopefully you get a chance to ice fish again this season. It has been a rainy Winter here in Southeastern NY. also .
Wallyworld very true a lot of violent things happening on local level that do not get national news coverage. Remember what you tell all of us take your time with the snow clean up and rest if needed to prevent health problems .
Fish/hunt4ever glad the weather forecast looks good for more ice formation on lakes by you.
Old Goat best wished for your mom and you .
Tomturkey sounds like the new doctor is building/forming his own medical opinion on you and not going by information/records from your former doctor . Best to your wife with her pre-opp. and you with the liver scan .
OLderSailor thank you for keeping the joke thread going and providing the daily laughs. may you be getting around with no problems currently .

Have a good evening, pace yourself with the snow clearing/removal . may everyone see no problems from this storm. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1217 on: Jan 26, 2023, 06:07 AM »
33* and cloudy. We got about 3 inches of snow late yesterday, I blew out the end of the driveway last night before it rained or froze.

Mr. C, the fuel sensor was replaced last March, they are going to order another one, it is still under warranty.

WS, my Dad could go thru just about anything with snowshoes on. I got out of the Navy (last 2yrs in Hawaii) got home in January and the the next day he had me out snowshoe rabbit hunting, I couldn't keep up with him.

Eddie, love the picture, thanks for sharing!

WW, I did check tire prices and not getting them there. However, they do have a NICE new Jeep on the floor, $53K, the wife said, SURE.

Not much planned for today, finish the driveway, the wife is prepping for you know what in the morning. We have to be at Saratoga Hospital at 7am.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1218 on: Jan 26, 2023, 06:27 AM »
 Morning all..
Good luck to your wife Doug.
 We didn’t get a lot of snow but the trees were still full ice and snow from the other day.  11:30 last night one of my pines decided to introduce itself to my roof.. >:(

Dom ✌️

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1219 on: Jan 26, 2023, 06:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 33* at the moment, high of 37 today. Yesterday’s snow stayed on the lower end here, about 3” and turned over to rain last evening before fizzling out.

OG…sending best wishes thoughts and prayers for your Mom and family…
  H2.. thanks for the info on the reservoir, imagine the river will be running a little stronger today with rising temperatures and melting. Hope they were able to get your fuel sensor working properly yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Z…best wishes getting back out on the ice soon! Sure has been a screwed up January..February right around the corner now, hoping for an Arctic blast soon!   :tipup:
  Wally…hope the snow stayed on the lower end out your way yesterday…bakery open today?   :whistle:
  FH4…send some of that weather East please!
  Dom…thank you, hope all is going well with you and the family also!  :thumbsup:  How are things going at the greenhouse?
  OS…how’s your recovery coming along? Won’t be long until it’s time to start some seeds again!!  :thumbsup:
  Tom…wishing both you and your wife the best with your upcoming Dr.’s appointments.  :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing your info and experience on the snowshoes..you and Marv got me thinking now, lol.
  Marv…all this talk of snowshoes reminded me of that movie Death Hunt with Charles Bronson being hunted down by Lee Marvin!!   ;D   Did you compete in snowshoe races??
  Jeff…keeping the fingers crossed your area stayed well below the 12” forecasted! Hope you didn’t overdo it yesterday with the snow removal!   :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the kind words on Emerson, he’s really enjoying his role as big brother with his little sister!!  ;D
  We put off the shopping yesterday and ended up dog sitting for my sons Great Dane, lol. Found her up on our bed at one point watching Gunsmoke…. :roflmao:
  Off to see if we can find some sales…Cawfee’s still hot!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning H2, Dom…oh man, that sucks Dom!! Hope the damage is minimal…damn!  :%$#!:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1220 on: Jan 26, 2023, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

Raquette.....sorry to see that  :pinch: :%$#!:

Eddie.....keep that pic handy for when the sibling battles begin to remind yourselves how sweet they looked  ;)2

OG.....thoughts and prayers to you and your Mom  :)

WS.....I also have metal shoes that are HIGHLY over rated for float weight  ::)  can't even imagine running in the darn things  :blink: :nono:

IW.....hope the snow blowing isn't too hard today  :-\

H2L.....ONLY $53k  ??? :cookoo: :nono:  hope all goes well for MrsH2 tomorrow  :)

TT.....having a stern drive motor and no heated barn makes getting the boat wet this time of year an issue  and towing it on the salted roads wouldn't do the trailer any good  >:( 

Only a couple inches of snow before the freezing rain moved in so no big clean up here  ;) 

The raisin bread is gone, thinking banana bread today  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Morning Eddie.....good luck with the shopping  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1221 on: Jan 26, 2023, 07:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+3 degrees, may see a sunny +17 later today ??? Tomorrow the weather takes a turn and we will be in for a few cooler days and of course some wind.

mr.clean...I didn't mean to cut you off from talking about your snowshoe experiences, I would be very interested in hearing about them and what shoes and styles you are familiar with ???

TT...The bear paws I had didn't have tails, probably why I had problems ??? The only thing I could depend on when using those was a visit from my old friend Charlie Horse :roflmao:

Dom...Hope the pine made a fairly soft landing and didn't come down like a spear. That will jar you out of bed :%$#!:

h2l...Best wishes for your wife tomorrow :thumbsup:

Eddie...People do crazy things sometimes, I best leave the snowshoe racing right there. Believe me no medals or trophies here ;D. The hardest part of actually snowshoeing is breaking trail if the snow is deeper, however every time you make a consecutive lap the shoeing gets easier. My favorite is to lay down a trail through the woods, then keep going back to see what critters use your trail and of course see what other critters are in the woods. It would probably be fun like where you deer hunt ???

WW...Banana bread sounds great :thumbsup: Being I only have a few days left to having successfully completed another January without incidence, I might have to dig in the freezer and check for ripe bananas. You can never score too many points ;D

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Best of luck to anyone on ice or waiting for it.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

A moose shedding antler video, compliments of Dom.....

https://www.upworthy.com/moose-shedding-antlers-caught-on-film

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1222 on: Jan 26, 2023, 08:40 AM »
Hello AllState.  >:( >:(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1223 on: Jan 26, 2023, 08:53 AM »
Wow! So much for the best wishes of a soft landing.

That one hit with a vengeance :%$#!:

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1224 on: Jan 26, 2023, 09:15 AM »
The tree snapped in the middle and the top of the tree hit the ground and the middle of the trunk landed on the house.  Go figure..
 :P :P
This is minor compared to what happened 22 years ago. But that’s another story.. ::)

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1225 on: Jan 26, 2023, 10:11 AM »
Ouch...had a giant Willow do the same last year. Watched it in slow motion come down
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1226 on: Jan 26, 2023, 02:31 PM »
The tree snapped in the middle and the top of the tree hit the ground and the middle of the trunk landed on the house.  Go figure..
 :P :P
This is minor compared to what happened 22 years ago. But that’s another story.. ::)

I had a tree do the same thing to me, Halloween night a few years back. EXCEPT the broken trunk went straight through the siding and into the house

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1227 on: Jan 26, 2023, 05:18 PM »
Well as the day winds down and while in town I checked on the chainsaw, the coil for the saw was delivered, but hasn’t been installed. So now hopefully it will be back in order for Saturday while it’s nice out, and before the rains kick in Sunday

Dom hope you don’t need lots of duct tape…. The sticky kind  :roflmao:

Marv got plans for when the “Clipper” arrives ???
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1228 on: Jan 26, 2023, 09:16 PM »
Good evening windy day with a high in the lower forties  still puddles in places from yesterday's rain.
Hunts2long good that the fuel sensor was still under warranty. Best wished for your wife tomorrow glad you do not have to travel to NYC to have this test / procedure performed.
Raquettedacker may you have gotten an adjuster from your insurance company to your home today and have tree section removed. I hope the damage is minimal may you get your claim settled quickly and the house repaired without a long wait.
Eddie nothing like some unexpected dog sitting especially with a large breed dog.
Wally like your comment to Eddie had similar thoughts . I never did any snowshoe racing but believe some of the races are held on groomed courses where course has a weighted roller passed over it to compact the snow a day or two before races after rolling the snow is allowed to set-up and harden some making it ready for races. smaller size snowshoes are worn no more then 22-24 inches in length and 10' in width so much more maneuverable the larger snowshoes .
Whopper Stoper thank you for posting the moose antler shedding video for  Raquettedacker nice to watch. No need to apologize i have limited experience with snowshoes only the modern style. Before purchasing a pair made a couple trip to a ski resort in Northern Catskill Mountain section of NY. they had a part of the property marked off for snowshoeing and rented either Tubbs or Atlas snowshoes. Do to cost i purchased a pair of mountain Safety Research (MSR) snowshoes a molded plastic design with additional traction bars added to the underside of the shoe plus a pivoting claw under ball area of foot. The shoes are 22 inches long by 8 inches wide. They are designed to accept an extension tail came with four inch tails. I later purchased six inch tails. Best for used on packed and groomed trails do not provide a lot of floatation in deeper powdery snow and noisy when walking on ice coated snow.
IFF good to hear the part arrived for your chainsaw may the dealer have the saw running and back to you before Sunday's coming rain.
Krispcritter,ActiveTrapChecker welcome to the thread please feel free to post here on a regular basis. IF you check on this thread from time to time you know it has evolved into a sort of internet chat group. We do  discuss ice fishing at times besides what you see posted here the past few days.

For those who maybe interested here are some names for modern style snowshoe makers. Tubbs,Atlas and Mountain Safety Research (MSR)  I recommend finding a store that rents the shoes to try different models before buying a pair doing a quick search yesterday the average price for a pair of modern snowshoes is $280 dollars so not a small investment. Finding a place to rent wood framed shoes is hard as most places only rent the modern styles. There are plenty of videos on You Tube showing the different styles and comparing the modern to traditional . The big advantage to the modern shoes is lower maintenance. The wood framed shoes should be coated with a marine grade urethane yearly to prevent/limit the frames and leather/rawhide lacing from absorbing water. also need to inspect the lacing for wear especially around the frame of shoe. Like many time pros-cons to each type. There are different styles of the wood framed shoes for use in different terrain types. You will also find vidos showing the military issued metal snowshoes (magnesium frame with wire for lacing the more recent models have coated wire to prevent rust. I almost forgot the traditional style do not come with bindings you can usually choose from a few types and the have them added to the shoe or learn how to mount and remove the bindings yourself.

Getting a little long with this post everyone take care. best to all fishing.
   Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1229 on: Jan 27, 2023, 03:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 23* here. Lost internet for a little while. Been under the weather the past week. Have another procedure Tuesday to see if they can figure out where the blood in my kidneys is coming from and to take out a few stones manually.

OG, Prayers for your mom and family.

Raquettedacker, Ouch, Had a tree do that to our barn when I was growing up.

IFF, Hopefully your saw is done by Saturday.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife today. Are you going to get the new Jeep?

MasonEddie, Thats a great picture of Emerson and  Finleigh. Great Danes are a great dog. Hope you have a great day. Drs are always trying to improve us.

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.