Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 230164 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1110 on: Jan 15, 2023, 06:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 18* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Bud..........Happy belated Birthday ::). :thumbsup:
                              Steve.......Unfortunat ely with the economy the way it is, crime has risen dramatically. :%$#!:
                              Marv........Thanks for sharing the video of Jen's rabbit feeder. :clap: May you get the driveway cleared of the ice. :flex:
                              Eddie.......I didn't go fishing yesterday, my neighbor/boss and I went to breakfast. then I had some errands to do, I just never got around
                    to go on line. :blink: I'm glad the Dr. appointment went well despite the Dr. not greeting you the way he should. :cookoo:
                              H2l..........Some people have more money than brains, or just don't care about leaving their docks where they are. :cookoo: The other
                    problem they cause is water hazards in the spring for early boaters. :%$#!:
                              Wally.......Sorry to read that your grandson's teams losses..  :( Hopfully they enjoy the game today. :thumbsup:
                              Dom........Sadly that picture of the new chainsaw might be a reality in this state. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                              OG..........New rods always makes me want to get out and try them out right away. :flex:
                              Fish........ Nice fish on the jacker.  :flex: I'd like to get some but they are too rich for my wallet. :whistle:
                              Not much going on today, maybe some football later.
                              I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1111 on: Jan 15, 2023, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy start but will see some sunshine today, 18* with a high of 33 today…making some ice anyway!  :tipup:

Steve..it’s sure been a roller coaster ride with the temps for many of us so far this season. At this point, I’m just grateful the snow has managed to stay away!  ;D
  Wally…sorry the tournament didn’t pan out for your grandson and the team, must have been stiff competition! Hope they enjoy the game today!  :clap:
   FH4…beautiful Rainbow, congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures!!  :clap: :bow:
  Dom…now that’s a chainsaw!!!  :roflmao:  :clap:  Have you been out on the ice?
  Marv…thanks for the info, I had no idea of the high tech improvements made in the chainsaws! Must say, we learn a lot of things on this thread, lol.  Hope the bunnies like the new eats and your legs are feeling better today…will consider the Thank You note for the Dr.  ;D  :thumbsup:
  OG…hope you had the chance to get out yesterday!  :tipup:
  H2…I’m crossing the fingers there will be good ice for the tournament next month, hopefully get a trip or two in pre-fishing again. Good luck on the lanes tonight…how was the fundraiser?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..morning, I thought maybe you went for another round for those trout and salmon again. Enjoy the day and safe travels to your wife if she’s returning today!   :thumbsup:

Believe some of the family members are coming by later this morning for brunch, not certain yet if Finleigh will be coming or not to meet the family. 
  I didn’t have any luck with the MegaMillions either, two numbers again on one game…maybe next big drawing will be better.   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1112 on: Jan 15, 2023, 06:58 AM »
18* and a few clouds.

WW, sorry the boys didn't do better. Should be a good game for them to see today. I will be "looking" for them in the stands, there shouldn't be many wearing Miami's colors. Safe travels when heading out.

IW, there are so many new "camp" owners on the lake these days and they just haven't learned how the reservoir works or how fast it can come up or go down.

Had a lot of fun at bowling yesterday. Nelson and I had a blast. We were both in the Class of '60, he played SS and I was a catcher. He went into the Army and I went into the Navy. We even met up for a weekend in San Antonio, Texas while in the service. The bowling was "nose to nose" but he beat me by 7 pins. As he said "I choked in the last game".  I had the "last" laugh, I won $178 by taking 1st place in the 50/50. He lives in the village and I so run in to him once in a while.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1113 on: Jan 15, 2023, 10:07 AM »

Good morning ER's H2L nice win on the 50/50 raffle. Well yesterdays outing  was not good. I tried the beam bender and that works good, I took it off after first drop. I forgot to get actual depth first. Fishing 20 ft. some fish would come up but not to many. Finally got one a dink gill. Moved tried a similar spot nothing line freezing up led to freezing in eyelets on pole too. Tried other pole with slender spoon nothing. Moved to 9 ft. and more fish comming up but nothing caught. I did drop the aqua vu down deep on the 2nd spot and it is working well. Back to the drawing board. WW hope your son and grandson see a good game. IW both poles were older poles but they feel good action wise. Not sure about getting out today yesterdays ass kicking should do for awhile. Stay safe

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1114 on: Jan 15, 2023, 09:08 PM »
Good evening , prayers for all in Alabama and Georgia affect by the tornado .  high temperature here today was in the mid. thirties warmup to forties forecast for tomorrow and next few days.
Ice Wanderer glad all is good with you nice that you and your neighbor /boss get out for a meal together every so often. safe travel wished for your wife as she returns from Vermont.
Eddie agree about the weather being like a roller coaster this winter . One of the fire dept.'s in Sullivan county has there contest scheduled for the last Sunday of January might be rescheduled or cancelled.
Hunts2long glad you and nelson had a good time at the charity bowling event. congratulations on being first in the 50/50 drawing.  :clap: :thumbsup:
Old goat may things go better on your next outing.
Wallyworld sorry it was not a good weekend for your grandson between the hockey and Bills-Dolphins game. May your trip home from Buffalo have been problem free. Safe travel wished for your son and grandson back to MA.
Drifter may all be good with you . I hope you can make a cabin trip soon miss the winter photos from your area and building progress reports.
Tomturkey may you and Mrs.Turkey be doing well.
OldSailor hope your getting the walks in and the stent has improve life for you.
Icefisher-45 may your recent procedure have helped with the kidney stones.

Enjoy the holiday tomorrow take some time to think of Dr.King and his message to the U.S. and world.
Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1115 on: Jan 16, 2023, 04:27 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 19* and mostly clear. ::)
                          H2l.........It sounds as if you an Nelson have been friends for a long time.  :flex: I have a friend from military school, we were roommates there
                and one year in college. We live too far away to see each other but keep in contact. :) Congratulations on the 50/50 drawing. :flex:
                         Eddie.......I hope the family get together was fun for all of you. :thumbsup: I wish my boys and I got together more often but they are to busy. :blink:
                         Wally.......I'm sorry that your son's and grandsons team didn't win against Buffalo.  :( But I bet they enjoyed the game, it's a wonderful feeling
                to be in a stadium. :clap:
                         Marv........X2 on the chainsaw information.  :thumbsup: I'm sure the new technology has it's merits. But with me being old and stuck in old school
                ways, think that the new improvements create bigger problems, but I could be wrong. :unsure:
                         OG..........It might have just been the day and time that the fishe weren't biting. :%$#!:
                         Steve......Yes the weather has been a rollercoaster ride for sure, another warm up for us up here this week. :cookoo:
                         My wife was supposed to come home yesterday but put it off till today. So, I'll be spending the morning preparing for her return.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday, Oh it Martin Luther King day. Either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy
                         Oh! And the Giants won. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1116 on: Jan 16, 2023, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  21* with NW winds blowing through this am, high of 38 forecasted. Happy MLK Day!

Jeff…safe travels to your wife today, glad the roads are clear!  :thumbsup:  We ended up canceling yesterday’s get together..a few in the family with lingering colds wasn’t a good idea.
  Steve…I keep punishing myself looking at the 10 day forecast most mornings, lol, still not seeing any good ice making weather. Imagine there will be quite a few contests canceled/rescheduled by the looks of things unfortunately.  :-\
  OG..glad the equipment was working well, sounds like just one of those off days on the bite. Good luck today if you’re heading back out… :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on hitting the 50/50 again, awesome!! Sounds like you two had a great time!   :clap:  Hope the lanes treated you and the team well last evening!  :thumbsup:  Believe my son might be up your way today picking up the Walleye Challenge tickets.
  Wally…one heck of a football game yesterday for your son and grandson to be at! Sorry the Dolphins couldn’t pull it off but they were right there…hope they had great time together regardless!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…what’s on the planner today? Hope you got that ice under control…. :thumbsup:

Looking like a puttering day again here, lol, not much on the planner yet. Cawfee’s on…

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1117 on: Jan 16, 2023, 06:57 AM »
18* and a few clouds.

The lanes were not good to us last night, loss all 4, did bowl about 10 pins over my average, oh did I mention I won the 50/50 again last night. Told the wife when I got home "couple more weeks and the deer mount will be paid for". Either that or they will toss me out of the league.

Eddie, your son had a nice to travel, Food-N-Fuel makes a pretty good SUB.

Not much planned for today, I think bowling 2 days in a row is now my limit.

Be well and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1118 on: Jan 16, 2023, 07:31 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....you're certainly on a ROLL (pun intended) with the 50/50s  :woot:

Eddie.....sorry the family couldn't get together but better to be safe  :whistle:

IW.....safe travels to MrsIW  :)

WS.....the bunny feeder is awesome, hope they like their alfalfa treat  :thumbsup:

OG.....at least you got out, you'll get em next time  :icefish:

IFF.....hope all is good in your neck of the woods  @)

MrC.....seems pretty much everyone is struggling with the roller coaster this year  :%$#!:

The boys had a great weekend in Buffalo, went to a Sabres game, Niagara Falls and the Dolphins game on top of the 4 tournament hockey games. All their teams lost but they still had a blast  :thumbsup: :clap:

Not much planned today, just catching up on things around the house  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1119 on: Jan 16, 2023, 07:36 AM »
Well getting ready to head to work this morning and tried to move some snow around but some of the drifts melted a bit and made them pretty darn hard and the plow and side by side just did not go through it. Also would drop down through the crust and there it sat until I dug it out. Had to move some pellets down to my MIL house and got stuck again but we got the pellets into the house for her stove. Got a snowmobile out and had the kids and wife drove it around a bit. Enough snow to play a bit around here, I think we have around a foot to 16 inches in most places. Need to get down to the front and start digging out where the county plowed the road and pushed it infront of the camper, again to hard for the plow to get through. Have a good Monday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1120 on: Jan 16, 2023, 07:38 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

36 with a big batch of rain moving in. I am glad I got rid of all the snow around the house. Between the melting and the rain there could be some problems with all the water. I have never had any problems but this year would certainly test things.

IW...Best wishes to your wife on a safe return home :thumbsup: Best of luck to your Giants things are going to get tough  :whistle:

Eddie... Probably a good idea on canceling. Enjoy your day of puttering :thumbsup:

WW...Hope you are all rested up from the tournament :thumbsup: Miami gave it a good try :%$#!: I was reading on a different forum about rabbits liking banana peels. My s-i-l put some out and they disappeared along with the alfalfa. She also gained an extra rabbit and now has 5  :roflmao:

h2l...Sorry to read you had a rough night on the lanes.

A puttering day here today also, not a lot of options with the rain :whistle:

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1121 on: Jan 16, 2023, 04:23 PM »
WW everything here is In slow motion, or at least I am. Got my salamander heater to fireup and did a little tinkering in the Garage/Man cave. For some reason have been thinking today is tomorrow  ;D

Hope the issue with the chainsaw gets resolved soon. Wondering if that department is understaffed ???  And today being MLK day wouldn’t think  Husqvarna would be affected.   ::). But then who knows what country it was made in  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :whistle:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1122 on: Jan 16, 2023, 09:53 PM »
Good evening, warm up started today with high in the low forties will drop back into the twenties at night. Like many of you not looking good for ice making and building.
Ice Wanderer may you wife have gotten home safely from Vermont.
Eddie to bad the brunch had to be cancelled but probably for the best if a few family members are battling colds. I hope the Walleye challenge tickets are not to expensive as i assume there is no refund if the contest ins not held due to weather making the ice unsafe for a large crowd of people. I try not to look at the extended forecast that often still trying to keep a positive outlook that I will have a chance to ice fish this year.
Hunts2long if anything they may not let you enter the 50/50 drawings for the rest of this season. Congratulations every little bit helps to pay for those extra expenses like a deer mount. may you and your teammates do better next Sunday.
Wallyworld your son and grandson sure kept busy this weekend. glad your grandson had a good time.
Fush/hunt4ever may your first day back at work in Wyoming not have been to hectic. good you were able to deliver the stove pellets to your MIL's house might need to put a winch on the SXS or one of your other vehicles to pull it free when it gets stuck in the snow. may you get your camper free once again and not see to much snow so you can use it at the ice fishing contest later this month.
IFF may getting your chain saw working or a replacement not become a big hassle for you.
Whopper Stopper i just hope the rabbits leave you SIL's garden alone later this year with the way she is feeding them think they will never leave her property. smart idea shoveling out around your house  back when I lived in a single family home dealt with flooding from snow that melt fast from heavy rains in the basement not a fun time.

Keep safe ,try to stay healthy.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1123 on: Jan 17, 2023, 04:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 17* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie.........I'm sorry that the family get together got postponed, but with colds going around it was a pretty good idea. :flex: There is alwas
                 next week. :unsure:
                         H2l............I'm sorry to read that your team lost all 4 games. But maybe that's you game strategy, lose in bowling and win the 50/50 drawing. :roflmao:
                         Marv..........Good idea clearing the snow away from the house, so you won't have any water build up around it. :flex:
                         Wally.........Did the boys stop at your place on the way home from the busy weekend in Buffalo?  ???
                         Fish...........Trying to break through crusty snow/ice can be a difficult task. I hope you were able to get through it. :unsure:
                         Steve.........There is ice around, especially farther north of me, alot of the smaller, shallow lakes have good ice.  :thumbsup: But for a lot they are
                 too far away to travel to. :%$#!:
                         Bud............Any luck getting the chainsaw going? ???
                         Thank you all for my wife's return, she made it without any problems, but some heavy traffic. Probably do to MLK day.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1124 on: Jan 17, 2023, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and 22*, calling for some showers around noon, high of 35 today.

Jeff…good news on your wife’s return trip home, lots of people had the day off yesterday and probably out on shopping runs. I used your spaghetti eggs recipe again yesterday…figured if I couldn’t make it out on the ice I could at least have it watching YouTube videos of Lakers coming through the hole, lol.  :thumbsup:  :icefish:
  Steve…tickets for the Challenge were $50/each, believe they pull winning numbers for all the prizes and payouts in the event of a cancellation. I’m still optimistic we’ll see some good ice making weather sooner or later, lol.  :tipup:  Youngest son and a two of his buddies were out locally yesterday morning. Another lake about 2 miles away was wide open water.  :cookoo:
  Bud…hope you get some good news on the saw today!  :thumbsup:  What’s the temperatures been down there lately?
  Marv…smart move getting rid of all that snow around the house, nothing worse than water building up and seeping into the basement… :thumbsup:  Looking like some snow coming this way starting Thursday.
  FH4…hope you got enough of the snow cleared up to get out yesterday, sounds like a job for a bucket loader, Doh!  :'(
  Wally…what a jam packed weekend for your grandson and son!!  :clap: :flex:  Will the bakery being firing up the oven today? 
  H2…congrats on your bowling and hitting another 50/50, you’re on a serious ROLL!!! :clap:  Walleye Challenge tickets are now in hand, just need Mother Nature to do her job… :tipup:

My son Stephen and his two buddies caught a few trout yesterday through the ice, nothing big, but enough to scratch the itch and get out for a couple hours.
  Think I’m going to go through some of my gear again today…looking at the extended forecast, can’t see it being a jinx now, lol.   Cawfee’s on….

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1125 on: Jan 17, 2023, 05:56 AM »

32 degrees is where we will stay for the entire day. It appears the rain is over, but now the guessers are saying 3"-4" of snow into Thursday morning.

mr. clean...She hopes the rabbits will leave her bushes alone too. The DNR said by feeding them it will keep the rabbits from doing damage, guess we will see One thing was discovered, along with the extra rabbit she now has a fat opossum hanging around for free vittles ???

IW...Glad your wife made it home without any problems. The one side of my house along the foundation the snow was almost 3.5' so I had to do something.

Eddie...Congratulation s to Stephen and friends :icefish: Hope your snow fall stays manageable and doesn't hinder lake travel. I was watching some video from one of our local lakes. With the rain we just received, the lakes went from terrible to terribler ???

Today I am going to spend some time with my gutters on the house. They were full of ice before the rain so I had put some roof pucks by the worst areas a few days ago. Hopefully I can get rid of some build up before the next round.

My wife has to head to her office in the jungle so hopefully the roads aren't too icy.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1126 on: Jan 17, 2023, 06:16 AM »
18* and clear.

Mr. C, they will let me play each week, half the money raised goes to the prizes at the end of the year and the banquet.

Eddie, the lake looks like one big ice skating rink. What we don't need is any big snow storms until it makes some more ice.

We have a cottontail hanging around the yard. Scout will run it down over the bank of the lake once in awhile, mostly she just barks at it.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1127 on: Jan 17, 2023, 06:53 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....slow motion is better than NO motion  :woot:

IW.....no the boys headed straight home as my grandson had a hockey game yesterday morning, they didn't get in until 1:00 am  :wacko:

Eddie.....keeping fingers crossed things begin to freeze up everywhere soon  :unsure: :icefish:

WS.....the bunnies are cute, possums not so much  :nono: :pinch:  hope MrsWS has a safe drive to & from the jungle today  ;)  easy does it with the gutters sir  ;D

H2L....we definitely don't need any snow storms at this point  ::)

A sunny start to the day, but I'm watching the cloud cover moving in from the west as I type  :(  rain, freezing rain and snow starting in a couple hours   :blink:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1128 on: Jan 17, 2023, 07:30 AM »
Well dropped off the chains that I borrowed to my buddy talked guns for a bit and then headed home for the spaghetti that the wife made for dinner. Never made it down to the burm of snow to start digging, really need a backhoe ot tractor with a bucket on it, might get the neighbor above me with his tractor and back blade to maybe move it a bit so I can then move the rest with the plow. Need to get the big otter sled out and have it behind the snowmobile to move wood and pellets around, just need to move a few things, and the wife wants her mountain cat 600 unloaded to play in the snow as well, at least that one is efi. Have a great Tuesday everyone be safe in the coming storms, hope some get ice building weather, as we have not gotten above freezing for about a month except when it has snowed and then drops right back down so all the snow we have gotten has not gone anywhere.  Have a good one.

Oh and three days count down before derby time. Headed out Thursday so digging out the camper is starting to get to be really necessary.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1129 on: Jan 17, 2023, 08:29 AM »
Good morning. Eddie sitting at 51 this morning could get to 65 for the high. It’s been a n up and down think it was 21 when I got my morning dose of coffee yesterday.

It’s been a waiting game on news for the big saw.

Marv you use only non ethanol in your saws ???

Was raining before sunrise, rather calm as I type this morning. Got some tinkering to do then a trip into town for some groceries.

FH4 you sure got your share of snow to deal with  ::) ::)

One more think drink and the. Need to get on with my day

Best to all enjoy your day

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1130 on: Jan 17, 2023, 11:14 AM »
It’s been a waiting game on news for the big saw.
Marv you use only non ethanol in your saws ???

Yes. Here many of the gas stations have a designated pump for Non Oxygenated gas. I've been using Non Oxy for years in my saws and small engines.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1131 on: Jan 17, 2023, 09:49 PM »
good evening, weather guessers were calling for mixed precipitation today nothing falling from the sky yet. Similar forecast for tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your wife got home safely from Vermont. I have heard comments about folks fishing on small,shallow ponds in neighboring Sullivan county which has an overall higher elevation then my county. Might do some scouting this weekend.
Whopper Stopper may the rabbit feeder and rabbit not bring other unwanted wildlife to your SIL's home. Have you give any thought to using the edge of roof ice melting devices to help keep your gutters clear and save time on a ladder.
Hunts2long did not think league would bar you from bowling i could see them telling you since you won 50/50 2 weeks in a row if your name is drawn again this coming week another drawing will be held. Other bowlers will think the drawings maybe rigged.  ::) Many lakes here in NY. could use an extended period of below freezing high temperatures and as you said no big snow storm as the ice builds to a thickness most folks feel comfortable venturing out on to fish.
Wallyworld may your grandson have found the energy to play in today's game and may his team have ended their losing streak.
fish/hunt4ever if one is available would a snow blower that mounts onto the SXs better serve your snow clearing needs over the plow blade. have a good rest of the work week, best to you and the family at the derby.
IFF may you hear from the dealer about your big saw before this week is done.

Keep healthy.stay safe . Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1132 on: Jan 18, 2023, 05:47 AM »
33* and cloudy.

Mr. C, winning the 50/50 two times in a row makes up for not winning at all last year.

Got the wife's car cleared off of ice so she can go to a Dr's appt. this morning. Just a check-up with her kidney doctor.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1133 on: Jan 18, 2023, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  35* with some showers expected again this morning, high of 40.

Steve…we got the rain yesterday and by afternoon that turned everything to a glaze of ice. Town plows were running laying down lots of salt.
  Bud…thanks for sharing the weather info… :thumbsup:  Speaking of gas, how are the prices now in your area?  Saw prices ranging from $3.35-3.65/gl. here yesterday.
  FH4..will be looking forward to the Derby reports, best of luck to you and the family cashing in!   :icefish:
  Wally…hope the icing wasn’t too bad out your way yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Looks like the white stuff is coming again before the colder temps move in…Doh!
  H2…spoke to a buddy yesterday about the Walleye Challenge. He mentioned if the reservoir didn’t have at least 12” of ice by then it would be canceled….any info on that? 
  Marv.. hope Jo had safe travels yesterday and the gutters are functioning properly again.  :thumbsup:  I’m thinking we’ll be seeing similar lake conditions here soon unfortunately….worst part being the thin ice will be covered and those not familiar with the current conditions and spudding around may find themselves in trouble.
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today?

The ice gear is ready to go…might make a trip this afternoon and see if I can get a few bluegills to play. Not the best conditions but there should be enough ice holding in the shallow area yet to get on…we’ll see!
  Cawfee’s on….

Morning H2…best wishes to your wife this am!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1134 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:33 AM »

Good morning Doug, Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 34* and with some freezing rain overnight. ::)
                           H2l...........I hope the roads are too slippery for your wife's travel to her appointment. :unsure:
                           Eddie........I hope you are able to get on some fish, be careful out there. :flex: Jon and I are planning a trip this afternoon depending on
                  the weather . :whistle:
                           Fish..........I hope you will be able to get the snow removed. :unsure:
                           Wally........You grandson sure is a trooper, all that traveling and playing another game. :thumbsup: We had the same weather here yesterday. :blink:
                           Marv.........I also have gutters on the front of my house, I'm not sure if there is ice build up or not but if there is, I'll just let nature take care
                  of it. :whistle: I hope Jo made it to the jungle and back without any problems. :thumbsup:
                           Steve........ This topsy turvy weather is just too hade to predict. :blink:
                           Bud...........Hopefull y the chainsaw can be fixed. :unsure: I've been using non ethanol gas in all my small engines for years too. and I haven't
                  had an issue with them since. :thumbsup:
                           Yesterday was a puttering day and hopefully today Jon and I can get out.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wdnesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1135 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:58 AM »
Eddie, I haven't heard anything about that, but to get 12 inches by then it is going to have to get pretty cold, with not a lot of snow. I will keep my ears open and pass any info on...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1136 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:50 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope all goes well for MrsH2 at her appointment  ;)

IFF.....non ethanol here too in everything from the boat to chainsaws to lawnmowers  ;)2

Eddie.....hope you find some "safe" ice and some hungry gills  :icefish:

IW.....good luck if you head out later, raining here all morning  ::)

WS......January has passed the 1/2 way point now so your good behavior days are winding down  :woot:

MrC.....looks like the end of January is finally going to get colder  :tipup:

FH4.....good luck clearing the snow  :flex:

Rainy and breezy here this morning, temps rose above freezing yesterday afternoon and have stayed there since   :-\

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1137 on: Jan 18, 2023, 10:18 AM »
Neighbor cleared some of the snow, now I can maybe get a run and move the remainder of it soon, got the food picked up last night propane tonight and yhen headed tomorrow when I get off. Safety meeting days so early to work and hopefully early to leave tomorrow. We'll everyone have a great hump day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1138 on: Jan 18, 2023, 10:38 AM »
Good Smokey mountain morning

Eddie the gas prices have been staying under $3 for the most part

So it’s unanimous on the non oxidized fuel on the two cycle motors, I’ll switch over and get my tanks up to speed

Now that the fog has cleared out it’s off to town shopping

Best to all be careful out there if you on ice

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1139 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:20 AM »

32 with more snow tonight, maybe 5" by morning ???

mr.clean... Never had a need in years past for melting devices. Many contractors saying the worst year they ever dealt with for ice dams.

IW...In 32 years I haven't had a need to remove any snow either. Purely preventive on my end. My neighbor wasn't as lucky and ignored his build up to the tune of $2500. He had over a foot of standing water pooled by his chimney :cookoo:

WW...Thanks for the reminder :roflmao: I have been X-ing off the calendar.

Eddie...Hope you can dodge the lake problems that we were gifted. Between snow, thaw, snow thaw with rains mixed in, things are a nightmare :cookoo:

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.