Author Topic: Finally.....  (Read 840 times)

Offline ZeroGravity

• Team IceShanty Regular
Finally.....
« on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:22 AM »
I have religiously iced fished since graduating from college back in 1988.  I would typically set five tipups and hang out with the guys.  Well, the peer pressure kicked in this year and I broke down and purchased a Marcum LX-5.  I have fished this year with it on at least four different occasions and had no success, until yesterday.  I finally got into a hole that had fish and I can now understand how much of a benefit the flasher is.  My buddy was so impressed that he grabbed the jib pole out of my hands and proceeded to catch several fish.

It was definitely a confidence booster to see it work and validate that I have been working the tool correctly.  Now to get into some real big fish in some big waters....

Have a great day!

- ZG -

Offline Quantrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waugh!! I have the hair of the BEAR in me!!
Re: Finally.....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:35 AM »
Ahhh... finally the joys of money well spent eh  :tipup:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:10 PM »
It took me one day on the lake when a older gentleman pull fish after fish out of his holes while I was catching nothing. That was all it took for me.
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2012, 05:31 AM »
you will never want to fish with out it.  Id rather forget my poles then my finder.

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:43 AM »
Just be careful when fishing with friend's, every time I would turn my head they would run off with it.  As a matter of fact, the only time I would get a full day of use with mine is when I fished by myself.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:52 AM »
i  never had one as well. Untill the old man turned me on too one. i used his lx 3 at the time. i then got my own a vexfl18 and have upgraded since then back to a marcum llx7 . sold my fl and bought a spare humm ice 55 just in case the wife comes out, easy and clear lines for her to see. you will be happy with your purchase and welcome to age of electronics for ice. have fun and dont let your friends steal it, tell them to get there own..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.