Author Topic: Anyone run a FL-8SLT and Marcum VX-1 side-by-side?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Zugunruhe

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone run a FL-8SLT and Marcum VX-1 side-by-side?
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:00 AM »
Its time for us to become a two flasher family and I'm debating between a Marcum VX-1 and a FL-18.  I currently have a FL-8SLT and have heard issues running them side-by-side with Marcums.  We'll be in the same shack and I don't want to run into interference issues.  The two Vexs shouldn't have a problem that can't be corrected but for the price, the VX-1 will be hard to beat, just don't want IR issues.

Anyone have experience with this arrangement?

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Anyone run a FL-8SLT and Marcum VX-1 side-by-side?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:27 AM »
I have never had any problems with mine (same model as yours). That's why I have never upgraded. I guess Ihave never had someone inside my Shappell with me running a Marcum but I have fished nearby them and both seemed to be compatible since we were both catching fish and didn't feel the need to move. My screen was fine, just guessing the Marcum's was too.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2009, 12:48 PM »
VX-5's and FL18's don't get along, I can tell you that. They are actually a little better about it when you have them real close together (in the same shack), I have found.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009, 08:58 PM »
spent all day on the lake with a vx-1 pro and fl-8 slt running side by side in the shack with no problem :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.