Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1622526 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17220 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

21 heading to 27 then down to 17 tonight. We awoke to 2-3" of snow this morning. It rained into the night so the car has a good layer of ice on it. The snow is supposed to last through the day and then end tonight late. Watching the news the travel is slow at best with most drives being at least doubled from normal. Nothing on the planner today. We may get out later and poke around but I am guessing we will hold tight.

IW best of luck today at the diabetic technician, hope your levels are in order :thumbsup:

45 some very nice pictures :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing them.

WW may the day find you with sunshine and wind in the face. :thumbsup:

mr.clean the girls liked the mint tour, they said it was very well done. I think the one comment I heard the most was how they couldn't believe how few people keep the entire thing going.

Eddie thanks for the reminder and link. I think I know the words you were thinking about :%$#!:

Thanks for all the good wishes on our trip, greatly appreciated. Every once in awhile I think about my awaiting deer stand, but then we go  around a corner and all is forgotten ;D.

It is very hard to get good pictures of the scenery with the narrow winding roads. Many times I see something and before I can get a picture the edge of the road gets taken over by trees and the view is gone. They have a lot of pull outs but most are in places that have nothing to offer.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17221 on: Oct 10, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Well so much for the first snowfall, only took me 2 hours to get to work this morning and thought I was leaving half hour early, but so where a lot of peps that sure as hell don't know how to drive in the snow/ice conditions.  Think the last 13 mile I barely had the motor running maybe up to 800 rpm.  In other words at an idle  ::)  Came home early, as it was slower than slow.  Only had 7 customers up to 1:00 PM

Cleared 4 inches off my deck and walks, now to wrap my hands around a nice warm drink  ;D
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17222 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Weather guessers were definitely wrong today. No rain where we are. We took a ride to New Hampshire to run some errands. We’re not to far away from the N.H. Line. Stopped at a Walmart. They have a Christmas village with a Walmart store.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully you were able to get out.

IFF, It is amazing how people forget how to drive in snow and ice. Hopefully you got to enjoy a hot drink tonight.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a good day on the bike.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines. I hope everyone has a good Evening.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17223 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody

Sunny with passing clouds, the breeze was stiff along the water, flags flying straight out, mid 60's

W.S. - The white stuff is supposed to be on the ground all the way home for you, safe travels

45 - How old is Mr. Dickens?

Mason - Now, if the "kid" wants to go ice fishing with you, that could be the 'cat's tail'

Mrs. W.W. - Where was today's adventure to?

I.W. - What did the diabetic tech. have to say today? - And the Wife?

The A.C. job will be nice when it's done, took up all the carpet yesterday(Wednesday), just have to get it from the 7th floor to the loading dock tomorrow(Friday), going
     to be maybe 6 trips in the freight elevator and down the bldg. services hallway, about 75-80 ft. of some kind of temp. floor covering, to protect carpet and floor tiles
     will be needed on the 7th floor(drop cloths), today(Thursday) was back closer to home, my one lawyer client was having a meltdown over a couple of things, nothing
     major, just the way she is, told her about me being in A.C. on the job, 'Yes dear, I always find a way to take care of your problems, trust me, nothing is going to happen
     that needs me to rush over, call me, it's never that bad'

Ellie is going to Cabo with Kimberly, husband, sister-in-law on Sunday, back on the 20th, just me and Domino(dog) keeping house, lots of sleeping room for a week

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & limits-Good Eats & Drink-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

H2L - Glad the boss approves
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17224 on: Oct 10, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Good evening, nice day here no rain maybe the storm off coast has changed it's path and is headed out to sea or slow moving and i will see rain tomorrow or over the weekend.
OldSailor thank you for the green tomato/pepper ripening tip.
Tom Turkey good there was someone at Home Depot that knew where to find to fittings you needed to complete plumbing in your bathroom .How is your wife doing with her knee surgery recovery.
Icefisher-45 nice photos of the park the lake/pond does look like a good place to ice fish . Walmart likes to set up Christmas display s early in some stores(my opinion). I saw a news story once it was late July or early August and some Walmart in a Southern state was already decorated for Christmas.
Whopper Stopper thank you for all the photos very impressive antler spread on the one bull elk. Glad the girls enjoyed Denver Mint tour. Safe travels for the rest of your trip.
Eddie nice of you to forgo the Farmer's Market to help Angelo with his training.
Ice wanderer may the wife and you both have received good reports today at your medical appointments.
Hunts2long good to hear your wife got home safely and is happy with the job done by the painters.
Wallyworld hope the two of you had a good bike ride today.
IFF ditto Icefisher-45's comments on people driving in Winter road conditions. Has any date been set for your store's closing.
Capt.Jim a safe a good trip to your wife ,daughter/husband and SIL. May things continue to go well at the AC job.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17225 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:33 PM »
Steve, well I guess "My" store wouldn't have a closing date, seeing how its never reopened  ??? For now I am just hanging on at the Camping World store.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17226 on: Oct 11, 2019, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  45* with clear skies this am, high of 60. Coyotes are talking up a storm this am, driving my dogs crazy.

Jeff... hope all went well with the Dr.’s appointment’s yesterday.  :thumbsup:  Been meaning to ask, how is your neighbor making out building the cabin?
  H2...glad to read the wife gave her approval on the painters work, hope they can wrap it all up for you today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...heading out to the park today with Mr.Dickens?  Hope to read about a trip out on the ice this season, keep up the good work with your walking exercises!   :thumbsup:   How far is Albany from you?
  Wally...bet the Falls was a nice ride, awesome! Will be looking forward to hearing about yesterday’s ride...looking like nice weather right through the weekend...enjoy it while you can!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...some crazy weather conditions out there, glad you made it to work and home safely.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...Did you and the ladies check out the shops and town on foot yesterday? Hope today’s weather is better and you can scratch off some of your to do list.  :thumbsup:  Who would have thought you’d be bogged down with ice and snow...yikes!
  Capt. Jim...sounds like you got a good jump on the AC job! Might be worth hiring on an extra hand for the labor work coming up soon...maybe someone in the condo?  Hope everything goes well for you today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...today I will get to the Farmers Market, the garden is ready and waiting for some more garlic!   ;D

Looking over the threads yesterday and saw the Pflueger President reels on sale posted in the best ice deals. Took advantage of that an ordered 2...$53 free delivery! Thanks for posting that MBoss, excellent buy!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Last shift coming up, and a 3 day weekend....Monday off for Columbus Day!   :clap:
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17227 on: Oct 11, 2019, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 45* and clear here on my hill, yesterday turned out to be a cloudless day, I hope today is the same. ::)
                      Marv..........I know your from snow country but be safe driving, it's the other guy you have to watch. :cookoo: I'm glad the girls had
               a good tour of the mint. it had to be interesting to say the least. :thumbsup: Do the hand out free samples. LOL :roflmao:
                     Wally..........Now that's a ride to Niagara Falls, it was a nice day for it. :clap:
                     Bud............I would have turned around after the 1st hour, that's crazy. :cookoo:
                     Capt. Jim....Like Eddie said it would be a good idea to get some help. :flex: I hope the family has a good trip to Cabo. :thumbsup:
                     H2L............As long as your wife likes the paint job, that's what counts. :blink:
                     Eddie..........You are a good man to keep working with Angelo, I like the idea to see if you can get him out on the ice. And I will be
               there if your first out is on Lake George, it's about time this for us to finally meet up. :thumbsup:  As for my neighbor and his cabin, it's a slow
               ride, he is paying for everything out of pocket. So not having a steady job it's hard for him. He ordered the metal roofing on Tuesday and will be
               at the Lowe's in Queensbury in about 10 days. He needs help getting it in place, but no one has offered, except me and I can't because of my
               shoulder. Here is a picture of his progress to date.

I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out doing.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17228 on: Oct 11, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like another day we’re going to miss the rain. Looks like it’s down by the coast. Here it’s 50* and sunny. Have to go and get my wife’s check today and a walk in the park near her work with Mr Dickens.

Ice Wanderer, Thats to bad no one except you is stepping foreword to help your neighbor. Hope you and your wife’s appointment went well. How is her mother doing?

Mason Eddie, Thats great you have a 3 day weekend coming up. Are you going to try and catch more Salmon? Albany is about 2 1/2 hrs away from us.

Mr Clean, Thats good you had good weather today.

Captain Jim, Mr Dickens is a rescue. We estimate him to be about 8.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17229 on: Oct 11, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Poor connection this more, not sure what is up.

15 heading to 50 with high winds, the ice and snow should be out of here by tonight. I thought people at home had a tough time with light snow when driving, watching people out here motor around is almost comical.

Yesterday the girls took in a tour at Leaning Tree Cards. They said it was very interesting. The place was fairly quiet as the staff is taking advantage of a few days off before gearing up for Mother's Day. They are just coming off 12 hour 7 day a week work grind for Christmas.

Today we are going to check out some more wildlife and scenery. Tomorrow we start working our way home.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17230 on: Oct 11, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, It was a beautiful day out. Me and Mr Dickens went with my wife to Worcester to get her check. We took a walk around a local park in Worcester. Mr Dickens enjoyed it.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you got to see some wildlife today.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines. I hope everyone has a great night.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17231 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

45 excellent pictures, I sure get a kick out of Mr Dickens :thumbsup:

IW Yes the girls both got free money samples at the mint. They both received a brand new penny, and a new blank. Yes they both were excited   ;D

Well we wrapped up wildlife viewing this morning and then stopped at a couple of antique stores on the way back to the hotel. We were pretty safe "just looking" as the Buick is stuffed so we couldn't of bought anything even if we wanted to  :thumbsup:

WW we stopped at a store just before calling it a night. Rather than pictures I will include the link. If nothing else entices you to make the trip to Colorado this place should  ;D........https://www.glaciericecream.com/  It was excellent :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We came across 2 good sized herds of elk today actually 3, but one was right in Estes at the library so we didn't count them. There must have been 80 elk digging in the snow and munching grass giving their lawn it's last clipping.

The best herd we came across we had all to ourselves for about an hour. There was one good bull and a second just a little smaller. There were also 4 satellite bulls that were trying hard to get their tails kicked. I was really sure we were going to get a picture of the main bull sealing the deal with a cow but no luck.

Tomorrow we are starting our long drive home. We will drive 534 miles to Omaha NE. and spend the night. I am anticipating the scenery will take a drastic hit so I am probably done posting pictures.

Hope you all have an excellent evening and hope you enjoyed our trip pictures.

Stay safe !

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17232 on: Oct 11, 2019, 10:57 PM »
Good evening a sunny and dry day with high in the low sixties.The Nor Easter off North East coast is far enough out to sea that coastal areas are seeing some flooding and beach erosion . I also see wild fires are causing problems in California.
Eddie enjoy the new fishing reels when you receive them. Did you get your garlic today.
Ice Wanderer nice looking cabin your neighbor is building. May he find help to install the metal roofing.
Ice fisher-45 you have some nice looking parks in your area of MA. Thank you for the photos.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the all the photos from your trip. If you pass by Sydney while traveling through Nebraska and need a break believe it is home to Cabela's flagship store. have a safe journey home.
IFF good point about your store.

A good night to everyone.
   Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17233 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm 44* this am, high of 63 today with a slight chance of showers possible. Noticed an almost full moon leaving for work yesterday morning, pretty spectacular, glowing intensely....The Hunters Moon. Perhaps that was why the coyotes were talking up a storm yesterday am?    https://mymodernmet.com/hunters-moon/

Steve...thanks, have been wanting to tryout the President reels for quite awhile...tough to pass on the 58% off deal, they should be here Tuesday. The vendor I bought the garlic from last year wasn’t at the Farmers Market yesterday, may hold off until Wednesday’s market.
  Marv...wishing you and the ladies a safe journey home today! Thank You for sharing the awesome pictures, updates, and trip with us all here...excellent job!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  I-45...Mr. Dickens must enjoy the trips to the parks as well, thanks for sharing all the great pictures!   :thumbsup:
 Thinking about one more trip tomorrow for the Salmon if apple picking with the grandkids isn’t on the agenda.
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture of the cabin, looking good!  :clap:   Hope your neighbor can get a few hands to help out with the roof, you don’t need another set back now....we’ve got some Lakers to catch this season, looking forward to it!   :thumbsup:
  Wally... hope you and Mr.WW are having a wonderful time enjoying the bike rides!   :thumbsup:

No coyotes howling this am, but the crows seem to be having a large gathering at the moment, lol.
  Catch up on the chores around the house again today, one more time with the lawn mowing and the garden tractor will find its winter home.  Probably a good day to fire up the snowblower after Marv’s Mile High encounters!   ;D
  Charged up a few batteries yesterday for the drill auger, they’ve been pulling double duty for the 20V DeWalt weed whacker...that will be retired today as well.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17234 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:43 AM »
42* and sunny this morning.
Ice-45, glad you are able to get Mr. Dickens out on your walk.
WS, a lot of elk in town. More great pictures. Thanks. Safe travels.
Eddie, enjoy your 3 day weekend. Those are always nice.
Wife and I spent most of the day on Friday getting the living room back together. She did take me out for breakfast. Today we have some pictures to hang.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17235 on: Oct 12, 2019, 07:23 AM »
Almost a straight line of highs and lows in the low 40's for the next few days. At least the rain has finally moved out for a while.

marv Thanks for all of the great pictures. Where were all of the elk in southern Colorado when I was out there hunting.  I only saw a half dozen. Only one bull and it was not big enough to shoot. Same for the only mule deer I saw he was to small too.
Leaning Tree puts out some great cards. You could strap the over load on the roof. ;D have a safe trip home.

IF-45 If MR Dickens legs are as short as the look he might have some Corgi in him. My grand daughter bought one. I told here she got shorted when she bought him. She gave me a puzzled look. I told her she got shorted on his legs.

I got the plumbing finished yesterday with NO LEAKS. The dry wall is all hung. I will tape it with some quick set mud this morning so I can put the first coat over the tape later this after noon.

I went to my SIL's brothers funeral on Thursday. The funeral home was packed included some in the basement watching on closed circuit TV. I set with an old friend trying to figure out who some of the people were. I saw a lot of old friends I had not seen in 40 to 50 years. Even my 102 year old friend was there.

IW I see you posted while I was adding to my post. I saw a couple of murders of crows the other day. Sadly the season is  closed now so I can not eliminate some. We can only hunt them in August September January and February. They are nest robbers in the spring taking fledglings out of other birds nest to feed their young.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17236 on: Oct 12, 2019, 08:18 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                         It's and clear here on my hil, the fall colors have finally gotten brighter. ::)
                         Eddie........A Murder is a group of crows, I wonder what they're up to. ??? I hope all your chores get done early so you can enjoy the
                  time off. :flex: Don't worry I'm not going to do anything that I can't do without hurting my shoulder. :blink:
                         H2L..........I'm glad that you and the Mrs. are getting the living room back to it's old self after the painting. :thumbsup:
                         Tom.........Straight line temps aren't bad as long it doesn't rain. :unsure:
                         Marv........Thanks for sharing the pictures, what amazing views you got to see.  :thumbsup: Have a safe drive home. :flex:
                         Steve.......Unfortunat ely California is used to wild fires, it's a viscous cycle, if the get rain in the winter and spring the under brush flourishes
                  then in summer it dries out and the wild fires start. Then the rain come again and they get mud slides, the cycle starts all over again. :cookoo:
                          Wally.......Enjoy the bike ride, the weather is nice for it, I hope you've taken a lot of pictures. :flex:
                         Yesterday I mowed and chopped up my leaves but it doesn't look like it this morning. :%$#!: I'll do it again tomorrow just to keep up
                  with them.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out.

IW 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17237 on: Oct 12, 2019, 09:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Now that the snow has settled, I see the front yard has a thick blanket of leaves.  Still two wet to do anything about it, unless using a rake and pitchfork.  but would rather use the mower and grass catcher.  and like Eddie put it away for the winter and get the snow blower at the ready.     
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17238 on: Oct 12, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Morning ER's!! 34 and frost on the vehicles this morning! First frost of the fall, but it's not the last!!! I hope everyone has a great weekend at whatever is on the planner!! Enjoy!!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17239 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Was a busy start to the morning. Brought the truck for a inspection sticker so its legal. Took Mr Dickens to the local lake and managed to walk all the way around it. This afternoon picking up a horse head Xmas wreath for my wife. She found it on market place. Looked for ice fishing equipment on there but couldn’t find anything. After I got hurt we gave my equipment as well as my fishing rods to a Boy Scout troop. Very important that our kids do outdoor activities.

Old Sailor, Thats great news there is frost on the cars.

IFF, Hope you manage to get the leaves picked up.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully you get the leaves and grass chopped up and don’t have to do it to many times.

Tom Turkey, Thats good news that there are no leaks.

Hunts2long, Thats good the wife liked the job and took you to breakfast. Hopefully you don’t have many pictures to hang.

Mason Eddie, Hope your enjoying the start of your long weekend. Hopefully the vendor shows up and you can get your garlic. Missed the moon last night. May I ask where you got the great deal on the reels?

Mr Clean, Thats good you didn’t have a rainy day.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17240 on: Oct 12, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Afternoon all,

WS.....that link to the ice cream store seals the deal for me , where do I start  ???  :clap: :woot:   safe travels on the trip home, thanks for taking us all along on the trip  :bow: :thumbsup:

Eddie....enjoy the long weekend, hope you get a chance to do both apple picking AND some salmon fishing  :flex:

IF45.....so great you're able to walk further and further  :thumbsup: :clap:

IW.....the leaves have been seriously lacking color around here this year  :(  we went out to Niagara Falls, down to Watkins Glen from there, around the Finger Lakes and back home from Wednesday thru last night, never did see any real "fall" colors  :-\

TT.....glad to hear the plumbing is done and the wall's ready to be finished  :thumbsup: :clap:

I see the post I made yesterday from my phone vanished into the cloud somewhere  ::)  Our trip was fun, a little chilly first thing in the mornings at 50* :o  Luckily by noon the sun had temps near or slightly above 60*  ;)  The wasn't really much to take pictures of as the leaves are pretty drab  :blink:

then of course there was the stop on the way home yesterday  :whistle:

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17241 on: Oct 12, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

We made it to our evening destination with no problems. It was sad to swap the mountains for the corn fields but so be it. Up to this point no fall colors to see. The temp stayed at 60 degrees with sunshine.

I talked to my sister she said a rain snow mix by our house, things will warm as the week gets going. Another 6 hours tomorrow and we will be home.

WW excellent pictures :thumbsup: the ice cream looks pretty good too.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17242 on: Oct 12, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day today weather wise. We had a Tractor trailer with methane gas flip over coming off the off ramp. Fire Department finally got it cleared. Not sure what happened. The driver passed away at the hospital.

Whopper Stopper, You guys did a lot of driving today.

WallyWorld, That ice cream does look good.

I hope everyone has a good Evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17243 on: Oct 12, 2019, 09:43 PM »
Good evening another nice day with high in the low sixties.
Eddie may you get your garlic next week. A few years back some trees by my work place was the morning meeting spot for crows over a hundred would gather in the trees. Have a good weekend fishing or apple picking with the grand kids.
Hunts2long may your living room be back to normal.
Tom Turkey glad the plumbing is done and drywall hung. Happy you got to see some old friends sad it had to be at a funeral.
Ice Wanderer you are a week or more ahead of my area of NY. plenty of leaves still on the trees and not much color change.
IFF may things dry out so you can clean up the leaves.
OldSailor still waiting for the first frost in my area.
Icefisher-45 good to hear the truck is inspected. Congratulations on making a full lap of local lake. Sorry to read about tractor trailer accident sad the driver died.
Wallyworld you covered a lot of miles on the bike past few days. Surprised you found an ice cream place that was still open.
Whopper Stopper good to read you made it to Omaha. did any of you have one of the famous steaks for dinner. may you have good weather for the rest of trip home.

A safe and pleasant evening to all enjoy the Holiday weekend.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17244 on: Oct 13, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....safe travels today on the last leg home, bet it will be a quiet ride  :(

MrC.....the ice cream store was in Ithaca, guess college kids love their ice cream, although the place was busy with older people in business clothes, no students anywhere that I saw  :woot:

Eddie....hope you got your chores wrapped up yesterday so you can relax today, looks like a great apple picking day  ;D

IW.....how are you managing the wood boiler  ??? 

H2L.....good luck on the alley tonight sir  ;)

IFF.....hope things dry out so you can clean up the leaves before the next snow hits  ::)

Found some interesting pics on the trail cams, 5 or 6 different bucks have joined the does and fawns under the apple trees  :thumbsup:  they're even starting to show up during daylight hours.....some beauties  :)

and of course there's some sparring too

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17245 on: Oct 13, 2019, 06:09 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                       It's 40* and and some what clear. ::)
                       Wally.........That first Buck is a brute, exactly where do you live. lol :roflmao: I'm glad you had a nice ride west, and the ice cream makes
              me want some. :thumbsup: I haven't started using my wood boiler yet, it's got to get colder. ???
                       I-45..........Congratulation on making it around the pond, keep up the good work and before you know it you'll be doing multiable laps. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                       Bud...........I hate when the leaves get so wet that you can't get them up without a lot of work. :%$#!: Last year I had the same problem
              and found them in the spring, I just left them and they eventually disappeared, I believe back in to the soil. :thumbsup:
                      Eddie.........I hope ypu have a great apple picking day! :flex:
                      Marv..........I know the corn fields can be boring but at time you can get a glimpse of a monster corn fed Buck. Have a safe trip home today. :thumbsup:
                      H2L...........Rest today so you'll be ready for your games tonight. :thumbsup:
                      Today is going to be another leaf day
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or traveling.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17246 on: Oct 13, 2019, 06:24 AM »
39* and it looks like it is going to be another nice day.
WW, you have a few nice bucks running around. Not seeing any around here. Most of the ice cream shops are closed around here. Glad you had a good ride.
IW, the living room is back to normal. Lindsay may come up today with the dogs. No FOX tv, so NO Yankees. I am not too happy about that. FOX blames Dish and Dish says it's FOX. They both say the players make too much.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17247 on: Oct 13, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Almost a mirror of yesterday’s weather conditions again today, 45* and clear skies at the moment, high of 62 today.
Can hear the crows sounding off again...more to come on that!   ;D

Steve...slight change of plans today, apple picking got swapped for pumpkin picking today, lol. Fishing is on tomorrow’s agenda, whether it be the Salmon River or locally.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...understand your feelings leaving the Rockies in the rear view mirror...glad the ride to Omaha was clear and safe though! Safe travels with the second leg of your trip home today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...sad news on the truck driver, glad there wasn’t an explosion! Quite a few years back, there was a housing project that was built upon an old land fill in Albany. If I remember correctly, one morning as a man was preparing his toast, he pushed the lever down to start it and blew the house up. I’ll have to see if that can be found on the internet. 
Congratulations on your walk all the way around the park, that’s awesome!    :bow:  The reels were on the best ice deals thread here. 
  Wally...beautiful pictures, glad you had good weather conditions for your travels!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Those ice creams sure look great...making mental note right now!   ;D. Wow, some beautiful bucks showing up, thanks for sharing them...might not want to let Mr.WW see them, Doh!   ;D
  OS...hope all is well, congrats on the first frost!   ;D   :clap:
  Bud...haven’t checked the Denver area weather, but hope things have calmed down with the white stuff!!   :thumbsup:
   Jeff...got most of the chores completed yesterday, going to hold off one more week before retiring the tractor...the leaves are falling pretty good, building up another compost pile. Thanks for the explanation of “ murder of crows “, always learning something here!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...congrats on completing the plumbing and drywall, closing in on the finish line now!   :clap:  I couldn’t help but look up a “ murder of crows “ yesterday, I wasn’t familiar with that term. Found this among others interesting, but some of the replies made me chuckle...scroll down the page.  https://www.quora.com/Why-is-a-group-of-crows-called-a-murder
  H2...glad things went well with the finished product, hope you enjoyed that breakfast!  :thumbsup:  Not Happy about the Fox issue either, that sucks, but...GO YANKEES!   :clap:

Had problems getting on with the computer again this am, couldn’t get a connection here or anywhere else.   :cookoo:
  A trip to the pumpkin patch at noon, nice day expected, the kids and grandchildren will have fun...mine and the wife’s will be watching it all take place.   ;D
  Guess it’s not too late for Cawfee yet...Cawfee’s on....banana nut muffins under the dome...help yourself!   ;D

I-45...Found this in the local paper archives, but not willing to pay for the full stories, lol. Believe the 2nd item speaks of the toaster, many others explaining it and the problems faced for all the others in that new development...located on Frisbie Ave. Albany, NY., 1990.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=AL&p_theme=al&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=Methane%20gas%20house%20explosion%20in%20albany%20AND%20date(all)&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=(Methane%20gas%20house%20explosion%20in%20albany)&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=_rank_:D&xcal_ranksort=4&xcal_useweights=yes

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17248 on: Oct 13, 2019, 01:11 PM »
In the books :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17249 on: Oct 13, 2019, 02:01 PM »
   :clap: :clap:   Welcome back home Marv!!   :clap: :clap: