Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1621042 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17130 on: Oct 04, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Welcome back Capt. Jim! :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17131 on: Oct 04, 2019, 09:02 AM »

Welcome back Capt. Jim, U'm glad you and your family are well. :clap:

Steve........I forgot to say my MIL went home yesterday afternoon, she didn't sleep well last night but I'm sure that will pass. :unsure:

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17132 on: Oct 04, 2019, 09:18 AM »
IW......glad to hear your M-I-L made it home  :clap: :thumbsup:  I'm sure as the days pass her sleeping issues will improve  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17133 on: Oct 04, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Good Morning again, see I forgot to extended my condolences to Tom Turkey and his family on the death in their family.
Whopper Stopper you either made a rest or breakfast stop, possibly one of the girls is driving so you can check I.S. on your phone and post.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your MIL is home sure she will sleep better in a couple of days.

Not sure what I did to take up so much space with my previous post.  Have a good day everyone.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17134 on: Oct 04, 2019, 10:53 AM »
TT condolences to the family.

IW glad to read your m-i-l is home :clap:

me.clean we have stopped a couple of times but pretty uneventful. 1000's of acres of Fox tail millet, and heavy rain is about it so far.

The s-i-l is behind the wheel.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17135 on: Oct 04, 2019, 01:03 PM »
High noon

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17136 on: Oct 04, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Yay you made it  :thumbsup: :clap: :woot:  fingers crossed Colorado's weather treats you right  ;)2

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17137 on: Oct 04, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Was a nice day out. The guys came to do a few things around the house. They put up the microwave over the stove, put up a pole in the bedroom closet. We went out and got them each a Dunkin Donuts gift cards. We did get to the lake. Mr Dickens does love going there. Good for both of us to get out.

Tom Turkey, Prayers for you and your family during this time of grief.

Whopper Stopper, 🤗🤗, Congratulations on making it to Colorado. Hope you have good weather.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a great day

Hope everyone had a great day and tight lines. Hope everyone has a great night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17138 on: Oct 04, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

585 miles later we are in Colorado Springs. As I said about half the way was in the rain with downpours. There wasn't a lot to see going through Kansas except 1000's of acres of red foxtail millet. There were fields after fields of standing millet and many fields that were already cut and in the form of big round bales.

It appeared we were close to seeing some major roundups as many of the feed lots had trucks and trailers on site waiting for the ok. Black Angus seemed to.be the breed of choice as the rolling hills were speckled with black dots.

About an hour and a half from Co. Springs the first antelope were spotted. Each buck seemed to be collecting its band, and there were a couple of bucks. With headgear that had to be close to 15", they were huge.

Finally we made it to town and checked in calling it a day.

Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow, time for a cold one.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup:
Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17139 on: Oct 04, 2019, 06:42 PM »

585 miles later we are in Colorado Springs. As I said about half the way was in the rain with downpours. There wasn't a lot to see going through Kansas except 1000's of acres of red foxtail millet. There were fields after fields of standing millet and many fields that were already cut and in the form of big round bales.

It appeared we were close to seeing some major roundups as many of the feed lots had trucks and trailers on site waiting for the ok. Black Angus seemed to.be the breed of choice as the rolling hills were speckled with black dots.

Lunch was at bar and grill. I had a Reuben and it was fantastic. It was loaded with sauerkraut and corned beef, and very dry.

About an hour and a half from Co. Springs the first antelope were spotted. Each buck seemed to be collecting its band, and there were a couple of bucks. With headgear that had to be close to 15", they were huge.

Finally we made it to town and checked in calling it a day

Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow but we will be here for 2 nights, time for a cold one.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup:
Stay safe.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17140 on: Oct 04, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Good Evening, All

W.S. - Safe Travels, watch out for the bad weather predicted for next week, bad snow again

T.T. - Condolences to the family on the loss of the loved one

I.W. - Tell m.i.l. two fingers of hooch works wonders - How is the shoulder?

Have loads of reading to do to catch up on things here, so forgive me if I miss someone or something, it is not intentional
The kids are doing great, the grandkids are real sweethearts, grandson is walking already @ just over 1 year, granddaughter has the most beautiful blue eyes, flew out to
     Sacramento to see them a couple of weeks ago, they moved (job transfer) to Kansas City after I left, good, closer to east coast, traveling won't be as tiring, 3 hrs. by
     plane, some 20 hrs. by road - before too long, I'll get some pictures posted, never was any good at it, but will keep trying till it's done right

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17141 on: Oct 04, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Good evening ,Whooper Stopper congrats on reaching Colorado.  :clap: :thumbsup: Your photo from the car brings back memories from my cross country drive with parents and paternal grand mother to visit relatives in Wyoming. The first day we drove from NY. to Youngstown, Ohio area second day traveled in heavy rain to or next stop . Enjoy your time in the Rockies. See you made an evening post glad you have seen some wildlife also see a photo of one of Rocky.Mtns. states traffic lights you will find them made with heavy material and reinforced at times to with stand the high winds found in that area of the U.S.
Icefisher-45 sounds like plenty of improvements being made to your home. Glad you got to the park.
Capt.Jim good to hear your family is doing well enjoy what time you get to spend with the grand children.  Before to long you can take grandson on his first fishing trip years pass by quickly.

A pleasant night to all. To those finally having cooler weather stay warm and get out the Fall/Winter clothing.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17142 on: Oct 05, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Let the dogs out at 3am and see something glittering on my truck, first frost of the year is here this morning!  :clap:
Clear and calm 33* at the moment, high of 55 today with sunny skies.

Marv...thanks for sharing the pictures and updates, congratulations to you and the ladies reaching your first destination! What did you think about seeing those mountains for the first time? Do you plan on seeing Pikes Peak and Garden Of The God’s while in Colorado Springs? Have a great time taking it all in!   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim....Welcome back Sir, glad things are going pretty well for you and the family! Will be looking forward to the pictures and your reply’s!   :clap:
  Jeff...way to go helping out your daughter in law with the garage sale! Hope you don’t get too many “ Richard Craniums “ to deal with today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...very nice of you and your wife taking care of the workers like that, I’m sure they appreciated it, awesome!  Sounds like a good day was had by all at the park... :clap:
  Tom...forgot to mention my condolences to you and the family as well yesterday, brain fog...apologies on that.
  Wally...lots of leaves down here as well, same symptoms. Seeing some colors, but nothing major yet. Might make one more trip to river next weekend, this recent weather has all the ingredients for a big run.   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope the painters were able to complete the job for you yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...any update on the shooting? 

With the freeze and frost warnings, I picked the garden just about clean yesterday and pulled most of the plants. Still have some carrots and pole beans going. A buddy at work gave me a nice selection of garlic to plant he picked up at the Garlic Festival last weekend...looking forward to getting that in the ground today or tomorrow.
  My truck started making some clunking /squeaking noises during the week, universal joints going...Doh! Have done them in the past but my luck hasn’t been that great lately, lol, going to let my mechanic change these..much easier with a lift and all the right tools on hand.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17143 on: Oct 05, 2019, 05:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 28* and clear here on my hill, fall is definitely in the air. ::)
                             Marv............I'm glad you made it to Colorado, it's beautiful state. :thumbsup: I hope you get to see more wildlife. :clap:
                             Capt............I'm glad to read the family is closer, Kansas is still a ways off, but maybe you'll be able to see them more often. :thumbsup:
                       My shoulder is do well for all it's been through this year. Therapy starts Monday and I hope I'm at a point where strength training can
                       start in a couple of weeks. ???
                             Tom............My condolence goes out to nieces s i l for her brothers passing. :(
                             I-45............I'm glad you and Mr. Dickens made it to the park, did you meet up with the 2 fellows that you met last week? ???
                             Wally...........What's on the agenda for today? ???
                             Eddie..........I bet there is frost on the pumpkin at you place this morning. ??? I , with see you posted while I was typing Good luck
                    with the universal joint.
                             Yesterday's help to my D I L at the Worlds Largest Garage Sale went smoothly, only one vender started to get a little perturbed but
                      when I went over to see what was going on, he backed off. I guess he was trying to think he would intimidate her. He was two hours late
                      and had a hard time getting his trailer in his spot.
                             Not much going on today, all I know I;m staying out of town.
                             I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17144 on: Oct 05, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....love the pic with the mountains, beautiful  :bow:  :thumbsup:  :clap:  definitely a place on my bucket list  ;)  wishing you a day full of sunny skies and wildlife sightings  :thumbsup:

IW.....nice job backing up your d-i-l  :flex: :clap:  hope your m-i-l is starting to rest more comfortably  :)

Eddie.....I covered my remaining 4 cubanella plants  last night, hate to give up on fresh picked peppers just yet  :-\  looks like no more frost for awhile  ;)

CapJ.....glad to hear the grandkids are doing well and getting a little closer to the east coast  :thumbsup:  it's not easy being a long distance grandparent  :(  looking forward to the pictures  :)

MrC.....hope the cooler temps/lower humidity have made it to your area  @)  sure seems good to not have to have a houseful of fans running running 24/7  :woot: guess it's almost time to fire up the wood boiler  ::)

H2L.....hope the painters got the job done w/o any set backs  ;)

TT.....fingers crossed MrsTT's leg pain is lessening and her recovery is on schedule  :)

Definitely frost on the pumpkin this morning, should slow the grass down some anyway  :thumbsup: :clap: :woot:  I threw some blankets over the garden (which is close to the apple trees) yesterday to protect my peppers. The 2 does and 2 fawns that are regular visitors to the apple trees were NOT happy at dinner time last night  :nono: :blink:  there was a LOT of foot stomping, blowing and neck stretching going on as they tried to figure out what the heck was in the garden  :unsure: :blink: :flex:  pretty comical to watch  :roflmao:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17145 on: Oct 05, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

3erd lost post :%$#!:

47 with a high of 67 today

Royal Gorge and Garden of the Gods today. We went to Pike's peak about 5 years ago so are skipping that.

A couple of the places people suggested are already closed.

I will post pictures as we go today, if you don't care to see them I apologise, just skip it. Yesterday as we were pulling into the restaurant I thought the s-i-l had a bad wheel bearing. It was a hung up tumble weed wedged under the car ;D

Thanks for all the good wishes, supposed to be a beautiful day today.

The phone posting is terrible.

Have an excellent day :thumbsup: stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17146 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:13 AM »
31* and some frost. Heavy mist coming off the water. The water has dropped quite a bit so it is now just a river out front.
TT, sorry about the loss in your family. Thoughts are with you.
IW, good to hear that the MIL is home. It has to be a ZOO in Warrensburg. My father in law was one of those that was always looking for a million dollars stuck in an old book but only want to pay a buck for the book.
WS, glad the trip out went well. I see you are doing "great" on the road food. I miss Perkins for breakfast.
Capt. Jim, glad to see you are back.

Painters is just another work for contractors. Wife went to the village while I stayed home yesterday, waiting for them. The wife comes home and tells me she ran into them at Stewarts having coffee and would be right up. They did come and do the patch work and will begin painting on Monday.
Stayed up and watched the Yankees last night. It may be the last game I see this year if Dish and Fox can't come together. Also missing most of the Giants games. It is all such a joke.
Have a good day. Lindsay and the dogs are coming up today for dinner.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17147 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:23 AM »
Good Morning again all,

Great choices for today’s adventures Marv... :clap:  Did you pack any bungee cords?   :woot:  ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17148 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:30 AM »
WS.......no such thing as NOT liking pics  :woot:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17149 on: Oct 05, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Lol Eddie, I do have some rope with ;D

I will keep that in mind WW. The sun is shining. I told the girls we are burning daylight :roflmao:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17150 on: Oct 05, 2019, 06:42 PM »

What a fantastic day in The Centennial State.

We went to the Gorge and had a great time. The winds were fairly light to begin with so we walked across the Royal Gorge bridge. There was a 5k and a 10k race so we helped cheer the runners on lol

These pictures are all from the Gorge.

Unfortunately we couldn't do the gondola as the wind picked up.

We then did a scenic drive winding through the mountains. The country is so big a picture didn't capture much. There were 2 colors, green of the evergreens and yellow from the Aspen lol

We ended the day at the Garden of the Gods. The people were thicker than ticks on a hound so stopping for pictures was out. I did get one of a cool rock when leaving

Tomorrow is a train ride.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17151 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:02 PM »
WS......awesome, thanks so much for sharing  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:  enjoy your evening  ;)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17152 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day. Last night was in the 30s didn’t have to turn the heat on. Apartment is well insulated. We got a truck from a member of the church. A 04 F-150 supercab. Took it to New Hampshire for a alignment. On our way home we noticed a burning smell. We pulled over to see if anything was on fire. Started the truck and truck wouldn’t shift from park to drive. Turns out some ground wire became so eroded it affected the system. We had no tools and the Troy N.H. Fire department stopped and helped. Nice to see people helping other people out. Going to send Subway or some sub shop to their station. They were awesome. Truck is only going to be used around town. Mostly go to church a couple of times a week and the park to get me and Dickens out.

Whopper Stopper, pictures are always good. Glad your having fun.

Hunts2long, Hope the painters managed to do a good job on the painting. Hope you get to see the games.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully the truck isn’t to expensive to fix.

WallyWorld, That must have been very comical watching the deer eat.

Ice Wanderer, That’s good there was no serious issues at the yard sale.

Captain Jim, Kids grow up so fast.

I hope everyone had a great day and everyone has a great evening.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17153 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Mr Dickens in his stroller watching the game while the truck was getting aligned.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17154 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:13 PM »
New truck

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17155 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:20 PM »
45 excellent pictures.

Mr Dickens has it made :roflmao: :roflmao:
Does he walk around the park or get pushed lol

Sharp truck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17156 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:27 PM »
IF45.....nice looking ride, for you and for Mr Dickens  :thumbsup: :woot:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17157 on: Oct 05, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Mr Dickens walks around the park. If we’re going into stores he goes in the stroller or the cart. He’s a rescue and very shy. He was a puppy mill dog.

WallyWorld, Thank you. Not sure whether I want a cap or a tonneau cover. Do you have any suggestions?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17158 on: Oct 05, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Good evening, no frost here yet only getting down near forty at night. Hope everyone had a good day. Eddie may it only be the universal joints that need replacing on your truck. I have not see any new news articles on the shooting.
Ice Wanderer happy for you and DIL no major problems during garage sale set up. Hopefully everything went well today.
Wallyworld sure the does and fawns were not happy that they could not get to your garden. Cooler weather and lower humidity has made their way to my section of NY. will not be long until first frost.
Whopper Stopper glad there was not problem with SIL's car. Thank you for the photos. Have you noticed that some of the mountain roads have no guard rails. Also have you dealt with any triple truck trailers little different when they pass you or vise-versa.
Hunts2long think some contractors work on a different time clock. May they complete the painting on Monday.
Icefisher-45 nice looking truck happy for you the burning was not a major problem.

Converse with all of you tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17159 on: Oct 06, 2019, 01:22 AM »
Good morning mr.clean

One of the benefits of having a MNdot employee who specializes in road compliance along for the journey, is we get to hear about all the things that wouldn't fly in MN, as we travel through the different States :roflmao:. Yes the lack of guard rails was pointed out.

Many triple's still using the highways, makes for a train when a couple follow each other.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.