Author Topic: Breakneck 2-27-11  (Read 1164 times)

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Breakneck 2-27-11
« on: Feb 28, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Meet with some friends on Breakneck at 9am. Took the hour long walk in. Found one group out there fishing. Went to the deep water. 14-16 feet. They were there in Dec. Phil got a couple small bluegill. The rest of use swing and a miss. Him and Derek left at 1pm. The last two lone people out there. Stayed in that spot till 2pm. On the way out we hit a spot and said lets see. Pop a hole, showdown down. Marking alot........ LETS FISH IT. Small bluegill to decent bluegill and same with the yellow perch. We started with only one tip up. When it yielded this bass more went in the drink Five more to be correct. No tip-ups for Metal

I found the hot hole. Small gills by the bucket load. Sat at it for a half hour and none stop gills. We called it at 4pm. I had a blast and thanks to all the company on my ice fishing trips. I have had a blast meeting and fish with all of you. Till next hardwater season. Later

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Breakneck 2-27-11
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2011, 07:42 PM »
That lonely bass made my day.  Way better than the skunking I thought was almost inevitable.  Good fishin with you this year metal, don't hang your hat yet we have to hit up buel one more time!

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I wish I'd gone, looks like you had a good time. Breakneck is still open after today, right?

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:41 PM »
It is.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:41 PM »
Yep stays open.  Being that I spent half the day getting skunked I almost wouldn't mind taking one more hike to fish where that bass came up.  With more holes and a bit of time
im sure a late ice jig blast could happen there.  Just need to fish 5-10 fow instead of 10-15.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Maybe I'll get over there later this week. Dunno if I'll bother with tip ups, sure don't want to be weighed down with a minnow bucket for that hike, maybe just one or two baited with easy to transport nightcrawlers- I've caught some fish that way.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Velcro, I am unincumbered by professional restraints so perhaps i'll join you, with late ice that would be a hell of a pond to go through the ice with no one there.  I'll bring the bait as I found it managable to tow my sled with a bunch of junk in it without to much trouble.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2011, 12:06 AM »
Sounds good, when do you plan on going to Breakneck?

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:02 AM »
If you don't want to carry the minnow bucket, transfer the minnows to a large water bottle or one of those squeeze bottles with the wide mouth.    I used one last weekend and carried in 2 dozen minnows and they all made it.   

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Sounds good, when do you plan on going to Breakneck?

Not sure anytume is good for me really saturday probably best.

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2011, 12:09 PM »
If you don't want to carry the minnow bucket, transfer the minnows to a large water bottle or one of those squeeze bottles with the wide mouth.    I used one last weekend and carried in 2 dozen minnows and they all made it.   

Thats a great idea for transporting my shiners, my bucket top came off twice this season on my atv.
 Great idea Schaffman

Thanks

Also guys i fell in breakneck 10 yrs ago around the islands in march 12" of ice but it was very soft, i'am glad i had a enough people to get me and my stuff out.

Just be safe and catch some big fish

Offline Yoda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:35 PM »
glad to kno that its still open.  we might try it on the weekend

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2011, 09:35 PM »
I have a good-sized plastic bottle I use sometimes to carry minnows so maybe I'll use that if I go to Breakneck this weekend. Though I had good luck with nightcrawlers today.

Saturday sounds good, hope the ice is still good.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Saturday's weather is looking nice.  Cloudy wuth light winds.  Now I just have to figure out if I blew the front diff in the jeep....it got angry on me yesterday.  Hopefully just universal joints!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.