Author Topic: Bigelow tomorrow  (Read 902 times)

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bigelow tomorrow
« on: Feb 26, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Going to bigelow in am. Any body going to be up there.

Offline codie003

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bigelow tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Were thinking about hitting it but are wondering what kind of ICE conditions we will find.   The ice should have held up but what about the shoreline.  Anyone know if it has any open water?

:tipup:

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2011, 06:32 PM »
16 inches of ice last Sunday at the launch. I'm sure it's good. Short walk from road cause the launch using plowed. It's my last chance there this year. Had sme good trips out there this year

Offline codie003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Thanks, Willy, Metalfish said the Mash looked good, may head up that way in the morning.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2011, 09:17 PM »
A plow scooped out some more snow so there is more room to park by the launch- of course it still hasn't been plowed all the way down. The edges looked ok where I was fishing, around the launch. Ice is as smooth as glass- bring your best creepers! I was there for hours this afternoon until well after dark, no matter what I tried I couldn't catch any trout today, only one bluegill too small to eat.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2011, 09:46 PM »
I might try Bigelow again tomorrow, have to see what tomorrow brings.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:10 AM »
Velcro, Where were you yesterday?
Myself, Codie003, lpgadoua, and willytout were all there. We saw you might be coming and wanted to learn from the master... ;) ;D
Actually you must be the fish wisperer because aside from  a few crappie and one trout we didnt do ANYTHING!!!
just playing with you :icefish:
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:08 PM »
I was lazy yesterday and wasted it watching TV. Wish I went. I was thinking I'd hit Camp Nahaco tomorrow. Hope the ice is still good there, I haven't been there in weeks.

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2011, 08:13 AM »
Thanks, Willy, Metalfish said the Mash looked good, may head up that way in the morning.
hit the mash last sunday caught 3- pickeral 1- smallmouth and during the pick up landed a 15inch brown . one of the picks i got to to the hole broke my mono leader at the hole did the hand grab 2-3 times just a guess but that pick had to been 3-4LBS. also i was fishing in 25 feet of water had my trap only 6feet down would of never thought to catch 2- pickeral like that. :-\
A Country boy can Survive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.