Author Topic: Snow on Ice  (Read 729 times)

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
Snow on Ice
« on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:49 AM »
Looking like some lakes and ponds will be having snow cover on thin ice this year. Wonder how many unsuspecting people will be getting wet.
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Snow on Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2024, 12:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I think this combo of thin, uneven ice + snow is going to get alot of people in trouble...hope I'm wrong....

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2024, 01:09 PM »
Not looking good! Was hoping to get a hard freeze before the snow but my home lake just skimmed (for the 4th time) last night. Not a good scenario.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2024, 07:36 PM »
During the squalls over the weekend the snow was gone by morning, ice was bare. This snow today is super light and should blow off easy. I think the season should be in good shape North and West of Concord on smaller bodies of water. As for the big lakes that don't freeze…. All of those fish will be hungry in time for spring trolling. I agree the winters have sucked the last few years but all we can do is make the best of whats available. If you do get out, don’t forget your spud bar/chisel.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.