Author Topic: Thats a wrap...  (Read 1739 times)

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thats a wrap...
« on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Ended my ice season with 2.5 days up on Winnipesaukee.  Stayed at the Inn on Main in Wolfeboro - great rooms, great off season rates, great bar and restaurant and 5min from the 19mi Bay launch on Bay Rd. Unfortunately it was a very slow pick for the jumbo perch for me and others. Some guys willing to run and gun all day did better numbers-wise... it seemed that up the lake toward Moultonborough produce more, but smaller fish. First time setting cusk lines and got a few - one at 2.5lbs that yielded a good amount of meat. Thursday got into a school of suspended smallies that was fun. Friday evening got a real nice landlock that of course got the pardon. A few lakers, and enough jumbo whites for an epic fish fry Sunday evening back at home and a few more in the near future. Fished solo, and with a few good friends...fished in warm sunshine, heavy rain, and cold winds... an all around real nice end to another hardwater season.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Thats a wrap...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:13 PM »
Nice work bud!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Solid work. I wondered about that bar you mentioned. Ill have to check it out.  Good job.  Nice fish
Salmonemia

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Nicely done Dubs! Thats what its about right there. Enjoy those meals they are hard to beat.
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:57 AM »
Nothing wrong with that.. still quite productive.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Great way to end the season...!!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:34 AM »
Great way to end the season glad you had a good one.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:42 AM »
it must of been fun getting into those smallies...im doing one more weekend in the lakes region and then throw everything in the boat on sunday...glad you had a great year
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:59 PM »
it must of been fun getting into those smallies...im doing one more weekend in the lakes region and then throw everything in the boat on sunday...glad you had a great year

They were definitely a nice surprise!  A stacked POD of smallies saved the day on Sunapee earlier in the season when we fished it for derby weekend. Late in the afternoon I hooked into what I figured was just a monster of a smallie after I had caught 2 or 3 2.5-3lbers... it turned out to be a 28" laker that would have placed 2nd for the entire derby if I could have got it to Meredith in time.

:-\

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2019, 03:32 PM »
They were definitely a nice surprise!  A stacked POD of smallies saved the day on Sunapee earlier in the season when we fished it for derby weekend. Late in the afternoon I hooked into what I figured was just a monster of a smallie after I had caught 2 or 3 2.5-3lbers... it turned out to be a 28" laker that would have placed 2nd for the entire derby if I could have got it to Meredith in time.

:-\
sunapee is no joke for smallmouth that’s for sure
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:46 PM »
Nice way to wrap things up 👍🏻
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Hey jibbs, nice to see sunapee smallies doing well again.

Back in the 98 to early 2000s, smallies on sunapee had a problem. Their quantity and size went way down. A few of us called them Jane Fonda fish because they were skin and bones. It might have been due to in rapid growth or the rock bass population.

I have caught multiple smallies in the 3 to 4 lb range there in recent years in open water.

John

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Great way to end the season!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:13 AM »
Hey jibbs, nice to see sunapee smallies doing well again.

Back in the 98 to early 2000s, smallies on sunapee had a problem. Their quantity and size went way down. A few of us called them Jane Fonda fish because they were skin and bones. It might have been due to in rapid growth or the rock bass population.

I have caught multiple smallies in the 3 to 4 lb range there in recent years in open water.

John

That’s awesome news. I fish another lake by their that was just decimated by the rock bass. I did my fair share of culling the pop down, but it was just brutal. I’ll have to check it out this year to see if the fishery has leveled out a bit.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Take it from me the last two tourneys I fished on sunapee I swore I would never be back..we did the highschool tourney last fall and there were giants weighed in everywhere and that was by highschool kids ..I kept my eye out on the winning teams and spots..I’ll be back..lol..part of the game I guess

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.