New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413087 times)

Offline Walleyewonder7777777

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #2490 on: Feb 11, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Left a pole at long point right in front of the building by the launch. If anyone comes Accross it pm me id appreciate it

Offline Robc84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2491 on: Feb 12, 2018, 10:35 PM »
Planned on ice fishing for the first time ever at Chautauqua Lake this sat. Brand new to the sport so I know little to nothing other then I want to do it. Ordered pretty much everything I need to get started and should be here by the end of the week just in time to get it set up and ready to go for sat. Now I see some warm temps and possible rain this week. Will I have any chance to safely get out on the lake sat or am I screwed? Ill be pretty bummed out to have these new toys and not be able to get out.

Offline CrappieKay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2492 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Interested in coming up this weekend... anyone have recent ice report?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #2493 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Going to be day by day from this weekend until the end. Too far out to give a accurate report.

Offline stickbow70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2494 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Planned on ice fishing for the first time ever at Chautauqua Lake this sat. Brand new to the sport so I know little to nothing other then I want to do it. Ordered pretty much everything I need to get started and should be here by the end of the week just in time to get it set up and ready to go for sat. Now I see some warm temps and possible rain this week. Will I have any chance to safely get out on the lake sat or am I screwed? Ill be pretty bummed out to have these new toys and not be able to get out.
  You'll be fine this weekend. Better have ordered yourself some decent creepers!
C'mon, share some info. I do.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2495 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:00 AM »
On Monday they were cutting blocks of ice out of Mayville ice for the ice castile.  The pictures I saw look like the castile is quit large which would require a lot of blocks and the hole in the ice must be extremely large.  Do they rope off the large hole left behind?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #2496 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:40 AM »
Chaser they will rope that area off and on Saturday have the polar plunge

Offline Jimmy420yehaa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2497 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:01 AM »
PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME
PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME...

Offline Bills Mafia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2498 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:45 AM »
What's the deal with Vikings? I haven't seen anyone over there. Are they not letting people park there anymore?

Offline rando3369

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2499 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:57 AM »
What's the deal with Vikings? I haven't seen anyone over there. Are they not letting people park there anymore?

I was there a couple times over the past few weeks.  Caught one short eye and a bunch of the dink perch.  The snow was getting mounded up in front of the lot so gear had to go over the hump, not sure if it's better now.

Offline shadowcaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2500 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:59 AM »
PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME...

For walleye?  Assuming not perch based on how things have been looking this year.  Thanks for the heads up.

Offline firegems

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2501 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:53 PM »
I picked up a jacket in the parking lot at Prendergast tonight. (Sat. 2/17) Send me a p.m. And we will get it to you.
SO MANY FISH.........SO LITTLE TIME!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #2502 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:56 AM »
Fished Dewittville area Saturday..... Grabbed a 14 1/2 incher right out of the gate, then the swarms of dink perch moved in...... I moved four times, went as deep as 44 and as shallow as 26, I could not get rid of them!  By 9:00 I couldn't take it anymore and left.  In one hole I had almost 20 feet solid of them little buggers, non stop! I have a place on the lake, and I was excited to see that in the past couple summers I've been finding big schools of nice sized perch, say 10-12 inchers.......Now, I haven't exactly been looking for them on the ice, and I've only fished there 3 mornings this winter, but these swarms of dinks are what happened about 15 years ago when I stopped winter Walleye fishing the lake.........It happened out of NOWHERE, and it was the same thing as I'm seeing now.  Back then the Eye fishing had taken a pretty severe downturn at that point, but just as I'm sure many of you know, the Eye fishing has rebounded nicely again out there, though I've only open water fished them the past 4 years since I got my place, and spend much of my time during the winter on Oneida Lake..... What I think is, this lake is just mass producing Perch to keep the walleyes happy with their favorite meal source there, and the stunting has to be a result of over population, the type of over population that obviously can not be reversed......... I think we need a massive dink perch die off.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline FISH4WISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2503 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:40 PM »
When I fished Mayvilleabout a month ago I seen this group of guys pulling huge seeds and perch out of a aprox.25' area so me and my neighbor parked about 20' from them and got nothing but dinks except 1 keeper.I heard one of these guys say that they almost lost their spot early that morning,they left about noon and before I could get out of hut the place swarmed with a new group of guys.I noticed they had way more holes than they could fish so I holehopped around them and pulled a 1/2 dozen nice perch and another 1/2 doz.seeds.I tried to find that same area about 2 wks.ago but it was a nogo due to the weather and 8"s of snow,but it was unbelievable to see!

F4W

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2504 on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:06 PM »
I always carry a GPS never know when you might want to mark a spot.  Well worth the money.

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #2505 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Yep, small isolated groups or schools per say, of bigger flats and Perch.  Same thing I found open water, small hungry schools.

Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2506 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:52 PM »
25' in Mayville  ???
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline TheCommonMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2507 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Haven’t been down there all year yet...how do you guys think the ice will be this weekend?

Offline icebites

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2508 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:44 AM »
I am done for the year.  Shore ice sketches me out and Steelie action may heat up early this spring. I have picked up Some very helpful info. On shanty.  Thx folks.  So much more to learn.  Changing ice conditions from one day to the next amazed me. From the worst drag experience (took 90 minutes to drag less than a mile on way back one day, I made a smitty sled for my old suitcase type hut with jet sled bungeed on top- turned out to be too heavy and skis dug in- first keeper walleye that day tho) to another day that was treacherous without spikes.  I could have pulled 500 pounds across the glassy ice that day.    Looking for a new hut/trap/tent for next year.   Cant decide on what type.  Tents are good for groups but people seem to settle on a spot and sit there all day.    I like to bounce to another area if no bites after an hour.    Flip overs are nice and mobile.   But a two man gets heavy.  Then we can talk electronics.  I bought Navionics app.   Thought it was the best thing ever until i went out with my buddy to look for gills and after hand drilling 6 holes and dropped down my vex.  App said we were in 12 fow and the vex (being correct) said 6 feet. Love that app for finding shelves in deep water tho and for 10 bucks. Thats the price of one jigging rap these days.  Any comments to any of my ramblings are welcome.  Enter wise guys.  Perch.   No jk. 

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2509 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:15 AM »
For conversation sake with the forecast anyone think u guys might get one last ice?i was up by Findlay lake Sunday and was pretty surprised by the skim ice covering it. Mark :tipup:

Offline SteelieWheelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2510 on: Dec 06, 2018, 02:00 PM »
It’s getting close, fellas...

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #2511 on: Dec 06, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Say its so!!!!!!!
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline 10bucketbigwillie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2512 on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:26 PM »
How’s the size of the perch looking this season they getting any bigger

Offline bassman2003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2513 on: Dec 07, 2018, 07:02 AM »
I have caught alot of decent size perch this year in the 10-11 inch range.  Hopefully we can run into them over the winter.  Anyone check the ice in the southern end yet?

Offline Pullinslabs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2514 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:35 AM »
By prime time do you mean there is safe ice?

Offline jon4611

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish now work later
« Reply #2515 on: Dec 07, 2018, 12:31 PM »
how the fishing been this year so far?

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2516 on: Dec 07, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Burtis bay web cam shows ice. I guess it's a start. The only thing I hate about this early ice it only takes one good lake effect to mess it up like last year. I am ready.  Mark :tipup:

Offline dickerson_jared

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2517 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Can you share good link for webcam. Thanks
"Yeah, well, listen Dr. D*pcrap - you've obviously never been ice fishing before.
No, I haven't.
Well it's f*cking exhilarating."
-Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2518 on: Dec 07, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Can you share good link for webcam. Thanks

This is the one I use

http://eastlakewoodweather.com/wp/
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2519 on: Dec 14, 2018, 09:28 PM »
The Brutis Bay webcam I was using was not working this year so I thank you for this web site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.