Author Topic: Beam ice rods?  (Read 1379 times)

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
Beam ice rods?
« on: Sep 17, 2013, 01:59 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Whats your take on these rods? The guy in the vid makes me want to slap him and never think about beam again......but I like the idea of the rods.
Anyone use one or have one?

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Beam ice rods?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Sorry, but looks like a gimmick to me (over priced one), a standing light has it's use on the ice, but one that is "Bobbing" about every time I jig my rod, looks like it would scare more fish then catch. I could only get threw half of the presentation, I hope they offered it with a red light option, so it does not frighten the fish, every time you move your hand... Maybe I am wrong and I am sure that you can get some fish with it, but I am not convinced that it is worth it. To many other good and cheaper options to do what it is trying to do and they don't run the risk of scaring fish away!!!

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2013, 05:44 PM »
I too did not make it thru the whole presentation, sure you can change rod length and action, but I like to match the line to the rod.
:icefish:

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Sadly I grabbed 2 last year.  I like the fact I could leave my flashlite at home and use these as flashlites too since I fish past Sunset.  The Clicker inside the Spools went silent in just a few trips.  Investigation showed the clicker metal device broke (guessing cheap china crap).  Lastly after leaving the store I noticed one blank was not aligned straight... so it was loose so all I had to do what tighten it up... you guessed it after it tighten it up now was cocked-eyed the other way.  I epoxy it straight so no longer inetrchangeable....whi ch was never my intent.  STAY AWAY my 3 Cents  :(.  Bless
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Hard to watch entire video , I didn't . They have some nice rod rack advertising though .and nothing against the National sales rep   But man No excitement ! Made me sleepy. Again no disrespect .  Don't think these would work in my arsenal ... Thanks for sharing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.