Author Topic: Stolen sucker trap  (Read 937 times)

Offline Lcabait

• IceShanty Rookie
Stolen sucker trap
« on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Somebody stole my sucker trap off stocker pond in Grantham nh. One can only hope it’s not a fellow sportsman!

Offline celtbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stolen sucker trap
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2018, 08:22 AM »
That's too bad, you would figure it would be safe to leave your trap at stocker....  they put a private property sign at the access to keep people out
Let it freeze

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2018, 08:47 AM »
that sucks sorry that happened, I know another NH trapper that has had issues, actually busted the 2 guys that stole his bait and had the guts to stay and fish. He took care of it his way. I don't trap but people should be hurt severely that do this. Try stealing lobster traps and see what happens. Tired of the PC clowns protecting punks. Street justice is the only way. I am honest and wouldn't steal but these clowns steal because they know nothings gonna happen. More severe action is needed IMO
Salmonemia

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:57 AM »
That's too bad, you would figure it would be safe to leave your trap at stocker....  they put a private property sign at the access to keep people out

Unless you are the property owner, you would be trespassing, and the owner could remove your trap if the pond is privately owned.

If not, then some scumbag needs to be given a physical reminder as to the repercussions of being a thief. (I don't know officer, he looks like he fell down....5 or 6 times ::) )

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Sorry to hear this.

This has happened to us in the past as well. Our sucker traps, although "home made" cost $60 - $85 per trap to make. Most of the cost is in the wire mesh roll and zip ties. The frame is made by collecting scrap pieces of tubing and welding them all together. This takes time to collect unfortunately.

I hope you or they find who ever did this.

Offline Lcabait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Don’t worry a good ole backwoods beating is in order if I find out who the scumbag is!! There will be no slap on the wrist from the law!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.