The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Dropped a hundy today... Early Xmas  (Read 402 times)

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
Dropped a hundy today... Early Xmas
« on: Oct 27, 2013, 10:35 AM »
I finally pulled the trigger and bought the black Betty 6061 inline reel. I bought a couple of the knock off eagle claws last year. They were ok, the shaft is a bit shorter on the EC and gloves don't fit very well. I know the fish taste the same but I just had to try one..

Anyone use one?

SD
Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Dropped a hundy today... Early Xmas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Those types of reels are made to be used using the pistol grip.

You could buy 4 or 5 EC reels for the price of that one.

The 6061 will be better for bigger fish (large bass, pike) but the EC reel will handle any panfish and medium/large bass.

You also loose the push button freespool that the EC reel has. So you will have to hand pull the line out to drop it down.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
Re: Dropped a hundy today... Early Xmas
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Ya, don't get me wrong. I like the EC as well. I want to try out the 5bb. Frabill introduced one this year at well, it's about 40.

Anyone try these for open water?
Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.