Author Topic: pics from the hunt!  (Read 2765 times)

Rock Bottom

pics from the hunt!
« on: Mar 16, 2005, 12:18 PM »
Here are the pics I took from when we went on the hunt for the hotspot, you can see in one pic how far from the group we were by the time we found them. It goes to show how much they can move on you, typical lake dauphin if your not catching you have to move and find them. The fish do not always come to you. I had an absolutely great time this weekend even though I was in and out of town it was great spending the night out there with my kids and all of you who stayed. It was great fishin with you all and a real pleasure to meet everyone. I look forward to next time allready....Rod

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
Re: pics from the hunt!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Great series of pictures there, Rock Bottom!  In one, you can see how comfortable your shanties are if your daughter is going barefoot!!  Many thanks again for letting Perch Pounder and me use one for the night.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Totally awesome pics. man now I ahve the fever to go to dauphin. Now let's see perch on lake manitoba or beauty wally's on dauphin lake. Should I flip little reel and see if he lands on his head. ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Awesome pics Rod!!!......going to have thicker skids on the shack next season.....wonder if we lucked out or hit the hot spot????....did you move yours out of there yet??.....all in all....we have to do it again next year....and with a little more planning for meals so we don't worry about down time.....great job and thanks again...Grump ;D ;D

Offline Mad_Ital

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • H.Pocus. tidly wink, all tipups come up in a blink
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Looks like all had a fun time. Smiles on children. Looking very comfortable in the shanty. You guys are hooked up.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Way to go Rock Bottom nice pictures thanks for share'n them.One question that one fish is it a muskie or a pike well talk to ya later. ;D ;D :tipup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2005, 10:56 PM »
Nice Rod...what's with so many of TH though?  You didn't do like Grump and just decide to stop bothering as it was just Trophy with another fish?  ;D

It was great to meet you and good to see the kids got some action.  My 9 year old daughter felt a hit, but missed it. 

I'm in for next year...with the shanties lined up, the Environment Canada yahoos be da**ed.  Besides, I'll have 4wd by then too.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Rock Bottom

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:45 AM »
That is a pike, every once and a while we will catch a silver pike. but no muskie in lake dauphin..

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Cool pics RB !!!! Thanks for getting us on the fish it was a blast my best day for walleyes this winter!!! 8) Thanks for the tip about bleeding them out makes for a very nice clean and great tasting fillet!!!

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Thanks for telling me abot that fish I really thought t was a muskie.By the way I have to give you a thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:for those big walleye.Talk to ya later. :clap: :clap:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Wow ... I have a forhead .... (just kidding Grump ) ;)

I was showing my wife the pics of last weekend and all it sounded like was "That's T.H. with a walleye . T.H. with another one ,   There he is again ... Oh , there's one of me ......Another T.H  fish ......." ;)

Thanks to T.H for the assist on one of those fish . With the wind after I dropped my gloves they started to head for the South shore of the lake and I felt I needed gloves more than a fish . But T.H was there to grab the rod .   :whistle:

I just got to remember that they are not little perch and not to horse them up the hole ...  ::)

Thanks again to Rock Bottom , Grump and Mountain Mama for their hospitality and fine food .. :clap:
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.