Author Topic: LW Yesterday  (Read 813 times)

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
LW Yesterday
« on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Headed out to a different access point just off Whytewold to get on the lake yesterday.  It was pretty quiet out that way only saw a couple other trucks going that way.....travel was pretty tough sluggin but we went out a few miles and found 19 FOW and setup.  Was a pretty slow day only managed 3 eaters and 3 saugers between two of us in 5 hours.  All fish were caught on LT's or Lindy Darters.  All the walleye we saw or caught were suspended and anything that came up off the bottom was a sauger.  Was curious if anyone had any ideas as to why?  Been fishing the south basin for most of the hardwater season and haven't seen/caught a suspended walleye yet.  Maybe it was just the area I was in.....I guess technically the fish can be in any part of the water column, I just haven't experienced that this year.

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LW Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2011, 12:23 PM »
havent had much suspended either this year, although the ones ive caught have been bigger, they seem to either smack it right away or are gone once your get your lure up to their depth. my buddy was out yesterday, did ok in the afternoon, but whatever just came for a look, swam up after they checked out his bait, which seemed unusual?
im headed out by sled tomorrow, to some hopefully untouched areas of the south basin of LW

Offline blackheadjig

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LW Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2011, 12:41 PM »
I have noticed that too that they are suspended,what I have tried and seems to work so far is to stay away from the groups and well travelled areas. They seem more aggresive when there is not alot of traffic and noise in the area.Have you noticed as well that the ones caught all have empty stomachs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.