The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Help with cast n blast spring break ideas ?  (Read 985 times)

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Help with cast n blast spring break ideas ?
« on: Mar 14, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Hey ya'll i was hoping to get some input and ideas from some guys over in the east part of the State.  My son Nevin's spring break starts March 25th.  We'd like to come over and try some turkey hunting as well as either bringing our boat or ice gear depending on lake and snow conditions.  We both have the extra turkey tag for area 3- Sheridan,Johnson and Campbell Counties.  Anyway, if you had some ideas on where we could get on some birds .... then got on some fish we'd love to hear some options.  Looking forward to a good ole Wyoming road trip.  Thanks !!

Offline Doz601

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help with cast n blast spring break ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:49 PM »
We deer hunted forest service land towards Hulett last fall and the turkeys were dang near everywhere, would be awfully close to keyhole.

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2018, 10:56 PM »
There are turkeys all over the place here. I have about a dozen or more long beards and thirty hens/jakes living in the yard as well do most of the other ranches around here but none allow public hunting. Might check with the game and fish to see if there are any public lands that have a population you can go after. Hulett is in Crook county, just so you know.

You might be s.o.l. on the fishing out of the boat by the 25th most places have had plenty of ice and it would take some doing for there to be that much open water by then. Not sure how the ice will be. For sure you will need a way to get on the ice as the edges will be water or totally mush. The nights have still been cold so who knows. I might give Keyhole another try in the next seven days, will post conditions in the Keyhole board if I do.

Cheers!

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2018, 12:05 AM »
Thanks guys  yes I checked with game and fish already and got one name of a ranch so I'll call closer to that time and see about access.  We had a blast fishing for pike open water a few springs ago as well -  I'm thinking it would be a long shot to bring the boat.  Anyway, got a few weeks to see how the weather shakes out

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2018, 10:11 AM »
It might still be great for ice fishing. The weather now is calling for more snow and colder temps.

Offline Doz601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2018, 11:33 AM »
My apologies wasn’t trying to get you in trouble lol. For some reason I was thinking Hulett was I’m your area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.