New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095928 times)

Offline Wille

• IceShanty Rookie
BGIII I was out also ,,, just jigging got into some perch and big smb ! Little snow early wasn't to bad .

Thats a 33 oz water bottle LOL
Wille

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Willie! That water bottle is going to freeze to the ice in 15 seconds even without windchill and then you'll get dehydrated. How careless.
Wind speed+{%}air €¥< dew point@*~=   ::) ::)

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guys, don’t forget about O&H bait shop in Chester. He sells bait out of his garage. Good bait and reasonably priced.

Offline dougie

• IceShanty Rookie
Guys, don’t forget about O&H bait shop in Chester. He sells bait out of his garage. Good bait and reasonably priced.

Dave - Where is he exactly. If I remember correctly he used to be near Claton and Delaneys but I went 2 weeks ago and it wasn't there. Thanks

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
BGIII you have the correct date for King of the Ice contest at White Lake in Sullivan County . Sunday Feb.18,2018   Believe website is www.sullivancountycons ervationclub.org  .

Dougie I Googled O & H bait shop here is phone and address  (845)-469-2566    , 209 Meadow Avenue Chester, NY.  hours listed as 6 AM- 6 PM .

Steve

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks mr.clean for getting the address for O&H bait. dougie go past Clayton Delanies through town bare right then take first left on to meadow road. His house is about a mile down the road on the left hand side. You can also stay on 94 instead of going through town. Make a right on Garden ave then a left on Meadow rd. It about a 1/4 mile down on the left. There is a sign out front.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Landing a Brown Trout in 9 degree weather. It was laying in the water from cleaning the hole of ice. Went right in when the video ends.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ7f1GKYcQc
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Beautiful Pooley, that’s what it’s all about spending some quality time with your grandson. And catching a mighty fine fish to boot. (I hope I’m not wrong assuming that your fishing partner was your grandson)
If I am sorry, but it’s still an awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Landing a Brown Trout in 9 degree weather. It was laying in the water from cleaning the hole of ice. Went right in when the video ends.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ7f1GKYcQc
Hey Pooley!
Long time-no talk, great video

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Made the call to fish up in Sullivan County again today. The normal 2 hr drive up turned into a 3 hr drive through the snowstorm, which was an absolute nightmare as road conditions were horrible. Got to the lake and it had 8" of snow on top, was nearly impossible to drag the shanty through but somehow my buddy Kev got it done. The drive was totally worth it, the storm front had the fish biting like nuts! Had one hole where we easily pulled out 10 perch in a span of 5 minutes, all between 13-14". It was as pretty much as quick as you could get down, the fish were inhaling the jig before it hit the bottom. We finished the day with a pile of slob perch, average size was 13", largest being around 14", a couple nice sized gills, and a decent crappie. Kev managed to catch 5 small bass, all around a pound or so. Definitely one of the best trips of the season and one for the books!

55 mph all the way up to Sullivan County from Long Island....

Offline BGIII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bill Gallagher
BGIII I was out also ,,, just jigging got into some perch and big smb ! Little snow early wasn't to bad .

Thats a 33 oz water bottle LOL

@willie were you down by the island? I was up near the dam, there was one other guy near me he only managed a couple perch and a small brownie
It’s butt cold out here and I’m fresh out of beer

Offline BGIII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bill Gallagher
@wille beautiful perch btw

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Beautiful Pooley, that’s what it’s all about spending some quality time with your grandson. And catching a mighty fine fish to boot. (I hope I’m not wrong assuming that your fishing partner was your grandson)
If I am sorry, but it’s still an awesome video. Thanks for sharing.
Not my grandson, just a friend. Thanks.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Wille

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes BIII that was me ,,, may go again tomorrow , warm and rain coming our way !   :'(
Wille

Offline BGIII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bill Gallagher
Wille I will definitely be out there again tomorrow maybe I’ll make my way down your end

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Pooley nice video good job getting the next generation started.  :thumbsup: :clap: NYBasser believe you and your friend Kevin have raging cases of ice fishing fever. Congratulations to both of you you on having a day we all dream about out on the ice catching perch .   :clap: :thumbsup: :woot: Hope you released some of those jumbos  so they can breed and pass their genes onto next year class of perch. Your becoming a hardcore ice fisherman at a young age glad you made the trip safely.
Steve

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Anybody have a heads up on the parking lots of the state launches ...Swingingbridge...Wh ite Lake ...Superior ...Lake Huntington have these been plowed after the last snowfall ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody have a heads up on the parking lots of the state launches ...Swingingbridge...Wh ite Lake ...Superior ...Lake Huntington have these been plowed after the last snowfall ?

Superior parking lot wasn't even plowed before the storm, not sure, but I don't think it has been plowed after it either.

Offline dougie

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks Guys for the O&H info. Good Luck

Offline p13mc

• IceShanty Rookie
Know it's a bit early for a report as I'm a week or two from heading south from SYR. Have a family ice fishing trip on one of the small ponds along the NY PA border but want to head down a day early as we mostly catch a buzz that Saturday. Looking to fish Tennanah or Muskoday maybe... Any word on ice conditions and what I should be targeting? No info on DEC. Is there even public access?  Never fished either before so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Pete
Ice fish for beers and laughs with loud mouths. Fly fish for the trophies!

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Both are private and you will be asked to leave by several groups of people or they will just call the troopers. I have been checked for licenses on both by troopers, so they don't mind coming out on the lake. Lake is fished pretty steadily by residents and weekend families. Back in the day it was not that big of a deal but not anymore, similar to the private lakes in Putnam county.

Offline p13mc

• IceShanty Rookie
Both are private and you will be asked to leave by several groups of people or they will just call the troopers. I have been checked for licenses on both by troopers, so they don't mind coming out on the lake. Lake is fished pretty steadily by residents and weekend families. Back in the day it was not that big of a deal but not anymore, similar to the private lakes in Putnam county.

Thanks for the info DON-E-ICE. Looks like Huntington is going to be the place then. Any advise?

Thanks again,
Pete
Ice fish for beers and laughs with loud mouths. Fly fish for the trophies!

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pete, I have actually never been there. Just from what I have read on this thread. Wish I could be of more help.....D

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Had a big gold rush on white lake today!!! During the summer I marked a few spots on my humminbird gps fish finder that looked to hold big eyes  and did it pay off today!
We landed 2 huge chunks of gold! One was 28 inches and the other was 27 inches of pure gold and both where released to fight another day 😁 Yes I do have pics to prove we caught them 😁 We also landed a bunch of pickerel and jigged up a bunch of perch and everything got put back down the hard water holes.
May your tip up flags fly high!

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
How much snow is on the lake up that way ?

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Contrats! nice day on the hard water!!

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
How much snow is on the lake up that way ?

Had about 6-8" of snow on a lake in Sullivan Cty on Wed

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Let the gold rush begin.
You should post those GPS #s!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Had a big gold rush on white lake today!!! During the summer I marked a few spots on my humminbird gps fish finder that looked to hold big eyes  and did it pay off today!
We landed 2 huge chunks of gold! One was 28 inches and the other was 27 inches of pure gold and both where released to fight another day 😁 Yes I do have pics to prove we caught them 😁 We also landed a bunch of pickerel and jigged up a bunch of perch and everything got put back down the hard water holes.

That is awesome news  :clap: :clap: :clap:...   White Lake may turn into a walleye fishery yet ...was the parking lot maintained ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Let the gold rush begin.
You should post those GPS #s!
127 paces out - 223 paces left 127 paces down - 223 paces  right and start popping  holes 😂😂😂
May your tip up flags fly high!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.