New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095920 times)

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jump top walleyes on this forum.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished a lake in Sullivan County today with a couple friends, had about 7 inches of ice with snow on top. Bite was picky throughout the day but we ended up doing alright. Iced some jumbo perch and a crappie along with a couple bass.

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice catch, gotta love them jumbo perch!

Offline yesjacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • yea
Nice catch NYBasser

Offline 4everlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the status report. Was going this Saturday but I'll look elsewhere now. 

Offline Tyler guerriere

• IceShanty Rookie
👍@nybasser

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
We're going to hit white lake today but at the last minute we switched gears and headed to big pond. We arrived there around 10am and there was another set of guys already out there. MISERABLE is the only word I could describe today. The wind was blowing 20+ mph gusts and sending snow drifts right over the tip ups every 15 to 20 mins. Thank god the clam kept us warm. We managed only 2 smallmouth today but we'll be back out there to seek our revenge on this place they call Big pond 😜
May your tip up flags fly high!

Offline BigIceholes

• IceShanty Rookie
How much ice did you find on Big Pond ?
Fish More Stress Less

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We're going to hit white lake today but at the last minute we switched gears and headed to big pond. We arrived there around 10am and there was another set of guys already out there. MISERABLE is the only word I could describe today. The wind was blowing 20+ mph gusts and sending snow drifts right over the tip ups every 15 to 20 mins. Thank god the clam kept us warm. We managed only 2 smallmouth today but we'll be back out there to seek our revenge on this place they call Big pond 😜

I really do want to give you credit for your enthusiasm but in all honesty I think you need your head examined. I think we have all been out there on days like today but this day was aptly predicted and it sure did live up to those predictions. On a day like today the best plan if you really must go fishing is to bring the clam and heater and a manual auger to drill 2 holes inside the shelter for jigging. Leave the tip ups at home. I can't imagine how nasty it was to break camp and pull all your gear in this blizzard. Big Pond with winds this strong coming directly out of the NE is a blow job I would certainly pass on.

Please don't take any of that wrong. In my younger days we would drive towing the 17 foot Aluminum center console boat up to Lake Ontario to fish for salmon. That was a 5 hour drive up and we damn sure did test that little boat out on waters we had zero business ever being on. Even the big 30 foot charter boats would not go out be we did more than a few times. The difference is that we always caught fish in those adventures and some mighty fine fish for sure.

Monday or Tuesday might be much better days coming up.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
We're like the post office we fish come rain,sleet, snow, 400 mph winds and 50 ft snowdrifts 😂😂
In all honesty Gam we should of stayed home and did some maintenance tune ups on some fishing equipment for the spring.

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
How much ice did you find on Big Pond ?
We had 10 inches on big pond

Offline BigIceholes

• IceShanty Rookie
Thank you
Fish More Stress Less

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
any1 fish Harriman yet how's the bite been go in to spend the weekend in Harriman on the lakes since it's in my back yard

Offline Mikey Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
I fished welch on Wednesday for two hrs and landed 2 smallies 2 crappies and a perch
A buddy of mine hit tiorati and had better action but mostly all little dink perch

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
Got to get it

Offline laker5911

• IceShanty Rookie
Where is the access to Lake Welch?

Offline Mikey Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
At the boat launch on Kanawauke Rd

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I'll be out on Sunday chasing some Jumbos  ;D

Edit: Actually maybe not just looked at the weather :unsure:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Get out there boys by the  middle of next week a long warm up is coming.
Mr.Esox

Offline laker5911

• IceShanty Rookie
At the boat launch on Kanawauke Rd

Thank you.

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone have luck with access to Lake George? Yes I know it is the wrong thread, I talk to those guys as well but they are rightfully tight lipped on some places. I have gone a couple of times but find a place to access the lake for lakers can be a real pain. Figure I would drop the question on this thread as well since I am sure some of my fellow ice fishing addicts that have to drive 2 plus hours also drool over the prospects of Lake George but don't know where to start.

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
fished Harriman today with a 2 other  guys landed about 25-30 perch and 3 pickreal a 20, 23, 25 inch be back out there tomorrow

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any word on Walton Lake in Monroe?

Offline dougie

• IceShanty Rookie
Did anyone hear that they stocked walleye in titrati? First I heard of it.

Offline fishon723

• IceShanty Rookie
We fished Silvermine today and had a decent day with the yellow perch. Will be back up in Harriman tomorrow undecided on which lake to hit.

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
if anyone is interested in a good live bait pail I highly recommend " ice hut buddy" single minnow dispenser I bought one 2 weeks ago and love it used it all day to day in temps under 3° kept my fingers dry and bait alive

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
I herd it also but I fish that lake quite a bit in the spring and summer and have never landed one or talked to anyone who has but doesn't mean there not there is

Did anyone hear that they stocked walleye in titrati? First I heard of it.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Anyone have luck with access to Lake George?

I know a lot of people go off of million dollar beach

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Muskytracker

• IceShanty Rookie
Wanted to head up to Lake Gleneida this week.  Its about an hour away from me, does anyone know if it has safe ice?

Offline applepicker

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi, I live in New York, and although it is really difficult to fish, being a high school student and living in a densely populated metropolitan area, I still enjoy fishing. Thankfully, I have found some really good locations to fish around the suburbs of New York (Thanks local bait and tackle shops!).

Today, my faithful father and I set out to go fishing in our new favorite spot - a cove in Muscoot Reservoir - despite of the arctic temperatures predicted. Thank the LORD that we returned home, not only with all our fingers and toes, but also some photos of the fish we had caught: the biggest bluegill I have ever caught, and a beautiful little crappie!

I sincerely thank you all for your accurate updates on ice conditions and for informing and encouraging the next generation of anglers and young outdoors-people.

As a consequence of this forum, however, I have developed quite the longing, and what some might consider addiction, to ice fishing (at least until Mr. Jeff Sessions changes his narrative), but I guess loving fishing isn't quite the worst thing ever.

Now for some pictures:

Tight lines and be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.