New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095936 times)

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Probably a stupid question, but did anyone attempt or go out on Superior or White Lake this past weekend?
I imagine the edges are shot.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Probably a stupid question, but did anyone attempt or go out on Superior or White Lake this past weekend?
I imagine the edges are shot.

With these temps, I wouldn't even risk it. Not worth taking a swim or dying over some fish.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
I can't believe people are still risking their lives for a fish i am in Dutchess county it's been all open water for almost two  weeks

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
i said it is no big deal but on my mobile phone..i got to cursor in to get to last post because pooley keeps appearing first like a broken record.. on my desktop i can get by that but the mobile device i have to expand and tap little numbers to get latest replies /posts.. shouldn't have to be set up that way.I tried figuring out all option settings.. mobile you get directed to the 1st pooleys bs post..just saying, i can deal with it but it is stupid having to do so.

you just have to click on the icon in the red circle.... and it will bring you to the most recent post like on the computer..... not really hard to figure out....

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
you just have to click on the icon in the red circle.... and it will bring you to the most recent post like on the computer..... not really hard to figure out.... As long as you login and give it half a second :thumbsup:

(Image removed from quote.)
I live back in the woods you see

Offline jbird73

• IceShanty Rookie
Guess you'd rather see some pics of some dudes instead give me a break let's keep the posts to fishing save the other b.s. for Facebook or whatever y'all do nowadays

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
I click by the thread where it says "New" to go right to the new post.  If I click just on the thread, it takes me to the start.

Lastly, just wondering if and how if there is a setting on this site/thread to get direct latest replies..it bugs me to see the first(poolie host) every friggin time having to enter this thread..I think it very annoying  for what it is..some brachshot of  a bikini b***h who ishas nothing to do with ice fishing.. I ll combat this intrusive platform.. Makes little difference to me..I simply find it a hassle on a smart phone to say the least!

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
I finished a fry of crappies caught two weeks ago...outside from garage looking up I'm seeing bats ..amazing in February!

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Soon till my garden..I guess start germination of my tomato seeds?...lol..might as well!./who really knows!!  I know ice season over!.can't wait to spoon resi float bait maybe even troll them resi boats on the res opening day! Crazy weather !

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Really like to know from the meteorologically how bats come out March 1st 70 degrees here and see 15 degree lows this week?...come on you people!  ..something  says eotw as we know it!

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Next thing I'm thinking about is emergency generation for my home..holy  moses if this ain't a sign in the weather I don't know when it is!

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Really like to know from the meteorologically how bats come out March 1st 70 degrees here and see 15 degree lows this week?...come on you people!  ..something  says eotw as we know it!

Now saying 5 degree lows for Saturday... weather patterns certainly don't look too promising for the future.

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've started to put my ice fish gear away, and there is NO ICE in my favorite spot, BUT, they are calling for this crazy cold weather and if the wind were to calm and I take early Monday morning off from work and I dig out my gear and put on my wet suit and float jacket and ice picks and spud my way out and drill test holes...oh to dream!
...and it would probably turn into a wet dream!

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I keep having the same dream. But it is over.

Offline serge99

• IceShanty Rookie
has anyone checked the ice on Swan Lake lately? It's not too deep, so hoping maybe these 2 days of freezing temperatures can make some solid ice.

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
20 degrees outside,, so glad ,last few weeks i was beginning to worry! very relieved , all this media nonsense was true about global warming/climate change ;D

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah..another ice freeze tickler ..its still over! Don't be risking this bs!

Offline JasonP718

• IceShanty Rookie
nyone have ice thickness reports? please and thanks... would love to have 1 more ice trip

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nyone have ice thickness reports? please and thanks... would love to have 1 more ice trip

Bring a boat or wear a scuba dry suit.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sick of not fishing, anybody know where I can do some open water fishing? Got a decent inflatable kayak and wanna go catch and release panfish or whatever. Any ideas? Was thinking of trying the wallkill river

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
the pond by my house had a inch of ice on it this morning when i woke up should have some more when i get up in about 6 hours  ;D

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bigace every pond in dutches has been ice free for a while

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've continued to summarize my ice fishing gear...but look at the late week forecast! If the wind were to calm it could refreeze Thurs night, cold cold cold and then Monday morning I could...ugh, another cold wet dream...

Reality tho' I have rearranged my soft water poles and thought about buying more Fireline...
Might have to defrost the last of my perch fillets.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Call me nuts but I think with 4 days below freezing this past Fri - Monday, and the cold snap starting this Thursday, I think we will have safe ice in Bethel on Sunday, maybe even Saturday.
I know tomorrow it will be in the low 50's but it should lock back up.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Call me nuts but I think with 4 days below freezing this past Fri - Monday, and the cold snap starting this Thursday, I think we will have safe ice in Bethel on Sunday, maybe even Saturday.

Certainly hoping so. Would be nice to get out one last time, but won't go on anything less than 4".

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac

OKAY, You asked for it! I think you are nuts! Pictures or it never happened but do be careful.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would say not this weekend but next weekend ! Lets send that guy out there who fell in SB twice to check it out for us !

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would say not this weekend but next weekend ! Lets send that guy out there who fell in SB twice to check it out for us !

I live 3 miles from the Rio and 4.5 from the SWB reservoir and you would have to be bat crap crazy to go on it even if we get a week of sub zero weather right now. I am thinking we have a bunch of democrat ice men here who just can't accept the season is over or the election was lost.

See you guys next year if you just stay home and don't try chasing the fishes from below.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hate this weather... too warm for hard water and too cold for open water  :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.