New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095771 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
 Happy bladed birthday loudmouth, good luck with the clam plate.

I hope we have a better season so you can really get a chance to use it.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Loudmouth879 belated Happy Birthday enjoy the Clam plate this Winter. Did you get the wobble problem with your M18 Fuel drill resolved?
Steve

Thanks! No I haven't sent it in yet waiting to finish the project I'm currently working on.

Happy bladed birthday loudmouth, good luck with the clam plate.
I hope we have a better season so you can really get a chance to use it.

Thanks! Even with the "bad" season last year I still managed to get out 20+ times just had to stick to small bodies of water which is ok for me!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I got out 4 times. Not a banner year for me.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
KB more than 4 times but less then LM 20 times for me ...couldn't fish the deeper portions of my lakes as often...but was able to use my Clam Plate and put it through some paces ...my AV Micros also got a workout as well as my FL12 spare/back up unit ...don't think I even took my shelter off the ATV rack all season ..lotsa Kahtoola time for certain . Conditions changed day by day ...FTR I did by a pair of snowshoes before last season started figuring on a little insurance based on the previous two winters ... ??? :(
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
last year was short but the bite was hardcore! I was out just about everyother day from mid jan till march. the crappies were on the "first ice" feed most of that time!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This year my time will be limited unfortunately.... will be working for NYSDOCCS (Academy starts the 8th) so fishing on days off for me lol. Maybe ill get placed somewhere upstate where they have and abundance of walleye!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879 good luck with the career change may it prove to be a wise choice for you.
Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  I am home with a broken ankle  just checking in .... good luck loudmouth what does the NYDOCCS stand for?
images.jpeg

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth879 good luck with the career change may it prove to be a wise choice for you.
Steve

Not a career change so much as the first full time job to come along (hard to get a phys ed job these days)

good luck loudmouth what does the NYDOCCS stand for?

New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision aka prison guard

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Deweyicefish sorry to hear about your ankle may you make a quick recovery. Other then your ankle hope your Summer has been enjoyable.

Loudmouth879  I understand thought you were full time with Shop Rite, now I know how you had so much time to ice fish this past winter.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

879 - My 1 son-in-law is a C.O. here in Jersey; #1 rule, 'Never Turn Your Back On Them Or To Them'
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone here familiar with Chadwick lake in Newburgh?  Im taking my friends visiting nephews (10 and 12 years old) out there next weekend, and would like to show them a good time.  I know about the permits (friend has one) and boat rental, Ive never fished it before and could use a little direction on the lake itself.  Please PM me to avoid spot burn. 

I am mostly a pan-fisherman, but I know the lake has some nice bass in it.  I never fish for them  LOL!    I know the basics, of course.

This will be C&R.

Thanks for any help,

Kb

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
now I saw it a week or so ago and it said extremely cold and allot of snow... its changing already lol.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
This is what I saw last week also from Old Farmers Almanac.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2016 to October 2017

Winter will be colder than normal, on average, with slightly above-normal precipitation and near-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid- and late December, mid- and late January, mid-February, and early March. The snowiest periods will be in mid-November, late January, mid- and late February, and early to mid-March.

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
I like that that cold,maybe early ice??
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
whyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Found out my placement for work and looks like I'll be heading up to the Lake George area for at least October and November.... we shall see if that carries over to the winter time  ;D

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good luck!!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
PRE-SEASON GET-TOGETHER???  Are we doing our usual Gander Mtn. get-together in Middletown this year??  Anybody got connections with Gander to check out availability??

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
PRE-SEASON GET-TOGETHER???  Are we doing our usual Gander Mtn. get-together in Middletown this year??  Anybody got connections with Gander to check out availability??

Working on it ...will announce it soon ...got a later then usual start ...the summer heat wasn't a great motivator.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879 all he best with your new carrier.
Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Looks like two publications ...its getting harder and harder to find them in my area been ordering them through the mail

https://store.intermediaoutdoors.com/products.php?product=In%252dFisherman-Ice-Fishing-Guide-Tactical-Gear-2017

In-Fisherman’s new annual Ice Fishing Guide—Tactical Gear covers the tackle and equipment that makes ice fishing productive and fun. Check out the industry’s top picks for the season, and hear from some of the best writers and anglers about what’s hot in rods, reels, lures, electronics, shelters, clothing, and more. Beyond essentials, learn how to trick out your ice ride to the ultimate, discover the latest in float suits, go in-depth into UV and glow factors, hear it here first about the latest trends on the tournament scene, and get the latest tricks and tips! Following this new guide later in the season is our traditional Ice Fishing Guide, which focuses on the most current techniques to catch specific fish species

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Cold mornings are making crazy! Come on ICE! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.