New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095920 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I prefer Slik Tricks and T/C Shockwave 250grain,but I haven't heard any complaints from them either!

Ive used Slick 100s and been very happy as well.  In my 20 ga, Ive used the Barnes expander's and even fed a bear with it as well as many deer.  In my Muzzleloader's, Ive fed deer .535 round balls, .490 RB, .250 SW's, and my current favorite is .45 caliber 250g XTP out of my smokeless.  This summer Im going to work on my flintlocks, so I can get better with them.  I cant wait to force feed a deer with one of them!

...And yes, all this feed has been deadly to deer... one bear... and a pig!  LOL
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
East fishkill provisions makes some great stuff.  Thats where I get my venison processed as well.  Pepperoni, Kiełbasa, hot dogs, shickenspeck, all too good.

MJ, Im free Sunday (I hope),  if youd like to kill some gills, Im game.  We can feed them some un-nutritious hooks!  Ha ha ha

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I want some that stuff kb  ;D ... Right on ... ;D
images.jpeg

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
East fishkill provisions makes some great stuff.  Thats where I get my venison processed as well.  Pepperoni, Kiełbasa, hot dogs, shickenspeck, all too good.

MJ, Im free Sunday (I hope),  if youd like to kill some gills, Im game.  We can feed them some un-nutritious hooks!  Ha ha ha

Have to play it by ear!
I'll check the ice tomorrow from up close. It looked ok from the road still!
Going to another spot tomorrow if I can sneak away!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i went back out today kept 14 fish. 2 crappies, 3 perch and the rest are some HUGE  gills. ill get pics in the morning.

as for the ice, its getting really poor. some spots had 8-10" and its honeycombed with NO SOLID BLACK ICE UNDERNEATH!!! in other spots i found 18-20 inches. the deeper ice has 4-5 inches of solid black on the bottom. the average ice seemed to be 12-15". this sunday will be my last trip of the season.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
ok  teameat me
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok  teameat me

teameat??

tea meat?

team eat?

???

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
lol kb   thats team eat me    deweys nys pro/am team name.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
idk what I did to get your feathers all ruffled up but if you don't like the BS you don't have to comment about it just look the other way like other members do

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If your referring to me, my feathers aren't ruffled, I'm just throwing more BS out for the heck of it.  The ice is melting and fishing is slowing, and another great season is coming to an end.   Sorry if I ruffled yours. 

Peace and tight lines

Kb

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
BTW, I never knew there was a 40k character limit per post either.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was checking out the other threads, must be still good up in ADK mts..on lk george and them finger lks,,anybody from this group planning on going? Going to be an interesting trout opener in just few days and bet some pools on the streams are still frozen in the Catskills.. DEC site shows trout stockings start in March in the lower counties .. anyway still feels like winter this am it is 20s outside!

If I were you I'd go to Chaumont still 20 inches of ice and still cold up there.... also everything is pretty much closed statewide except for perch and pannies

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i was out today past swinging bridge. the ice is getting VERY SOFT!!! in some spots i found 7-8 inches of SOFT ICE and in others its still 15-18 inches but 85% of that is soft ice. this morning it was 12 degrees up there and by 4 pm it was about 40 degrees. the surface of the ice was so soft i was stepping into it about 1/2 a inch this afternoon. yes there is a good thickness of ice BUT IT IS GETTING SOFT AND WILL NOT BE SAFE. IN THE FORECAST IT IS GETTING VERY WARM UP THERE AND THE LOWS ARE RIGHT ABOUT FREEZING. ITS TIME TO END YOUR SEASON!!! WITH THE DIFFERENCES IN ICE THICKNESS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING OVER THE LAST 4 DAYS IN A DAY OR TWO THERE WILL BE SPOTS THAT YOU WILL GO THROUGH EASILY. I HAVE WATCHED 3-4 INCHES COME OFF THE ICE IN TWO DAYS.

get ready for trout season. be safe and good luck come the 1st.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
a** kick. I mean bump.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
It felt good to get out on the hardwater 1 last time today! I landed a few good Perch, Sunfish/Bluegills, and 1 Largemouth Bass. The shoreline was not good, as I broke through getting off today! Time to start getting the boats ready! I am looking forward to hitting the Upper Delaware River in the coming weeks....I hope everyone had a successful Icefishing Season.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
yeah reelemin it was fun getting out there. i saw where you went through and tried to go off to the side and went in up to my waist myself. it was a good season for me with the boss spoons, didnt tie anything else on all winter!

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Nice greenwood fish hope you released
Mr.Esox

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plan on putting a boat on the Roundout res, any suggestions or forums that can be helpful. I am going to spend the first season with my standard trolling gear, learn a little, before I invest in some leadcore for big spoons.
Be safe

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice greenwood fish hope you released

huh?

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plan on putting a boat on the Roundout res, any suggestions or forums that can be helpful. I am going to spend the first season with my standard trolling gear, learn a little, before I invest in some leadcore for big spoons.
Be safe
hey, I fish round out a lot, if your gonna wanna get into Lakers, your gonna need to leadcore troll down to 80-100 feet with medium sized Sutton spoons. Sawbellies work too just fish them a couple inches to feet off bottom.

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
huh?
[/quote 
Muskie from other page really !
Mr.Esox

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Muskie from other page really !

gotta post a link i don't see it

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i fish the roundout hardcore. i am there 4-5 times per week all season. early the browns AND lakers will be caught up near the surface and as it warms they go down the month of May typically is good for both down around 30 foot. i fish the seth green rig, this is a 16 oz weight with up to 5 spoons set off the main line. i use 2 spoons per rod. whats nice about this setup is with linecounter reels you know the depth your running your lures at with no guessing. i put my suttons right in front of their noses this way. in the heat of the summer i will bottom bounce the weight and pick up some good fish that way. so far my best laker was 11lb12oz and brown was 8lb6oz. i will get average 15-20 fish in a day and will not keep any till they are over the 4 lbs mark. the lakers early in the season are fun to get and taste great when smoked. i keep my limit of them just about every trip out. wish other people would do the same. they are over populating the lake and actually are eating the stockies when they are put in. i feed a few bears with them.

again rather   we will get together and have some fun soon. i am planning on walking the shore tomorrow if the rain isnt too bad just to get out of the house... lol

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings to anyone still visiting this website and thread,I finally got my computer repaired so will be checking in here on Ice Shanty regularly. Also will try to be more active over on sister website MyFishFinder. Hope everyone is having a good spring.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
A Happy Memorial Day to all my fellow SENY ice fishermen . I hope everyone is having a good spring in spite of the cooler then normal temperatures we have had so far. Have a great day today and stay safe everyone.
Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
stop being happy, this is the day to remember those that gave thier lives for this country. its not a day to be happy, its a day of morning...

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
And a good morning to you too!  Lol

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's gonna be a hot one this week..... hopefully we get some rain things are dry dry dry. Colder temps? Seems like we skipped Spring to me and went straight to Summer! only one week where it was truly spring temps

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings good to see many of you are checking out Ice Shanty in the off season . Boss j sorry if I offended you guess I could of used a different word perhaps good. I see Memorial Day more as a day of remembrance then mourning . When we should take time to remember and give thanks to all our Military service personal present and past especially all those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Unfortunately all of our holidays have become to commercialized .

Loudmouth879 I agree definitely a different Spring this year.
Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well fact is that memorial day is the day to honor those that gave their lives for this country, veterans day is the day to thank those that have or are still serving this nation. its not just you steve but most people seem to combine these days. thats what offends me...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.