New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095778 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Just cleaned off the SUV....5-6 inches lower Sullivan thus far still light snow coming down  ...looks to end soon with squalls mid afternoon . Where you trekking to ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Some helpful info in regards to snow totals

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/winter_wx.shtml
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
8" here in Orange County.... the 2 secret ponds planned on fishing are no more than 3ft deep probably drilled 25 holes all over and 3ft deep the whole thing..... oh well got the driveway all done now just waiting for my cousin to finish his and it's off to greenwood

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
heading out the the morning to fish the Swan Lake contest. if any of you guys go there and happen to see a guy with a smitty sled with a otter that says "boss spoons" that will be me. stop by and say hi...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ended up with 7 perch between 9.25" and 11.25". Not bad for the afternoon bite

Offline yuranB

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished Lake Welch on saturday, 10" of ice, caught bunch of small perch and bluegills. The best part of the day was when i saw a suspended fish on a flasher that came 3 feet above the bottom, so i had to raise my jig to catch it, it was a nice 10" bluegill. It was my 2nd time using the flasher(vx1 pro), i dont think i will ever fish without it again :)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like we are going to get hammered again.... NOAA says 10-14 where I live and Weather Channel says 5-8.... Going to make things tough for people who walk....

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Looks like we are going to get hammered again.... NOAA says 10-14 where I live and Weather Channel says 5-8.... Going to make things tough for people who walk....
yeah it will suck for me!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Weather Channel just bumped it up to 8-12 for Northern Sullivan County, 12-18 for Southern Sullivan County and most of Orange and looks like 18-24 for East of the Hudson.... this is gonna suck

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
yea i am east of the hudson lol   good thing i got out today 4 pickerel one bass one 13 inch fat perch broke in my new gas auger

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
At least there's a foot of ice now in Sullivan so the snow doesn't affect anything

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
REMINDER:   Our first Get-Together for 2015 is scheduled for Saturday, Jan 31 at the So.Fallsburgh FD Ice Fishing Contest on Echo Lake (see contests sticky at the top of the forum page for details, address, etc.)

Hopefully this new storm will not screw us up by then !!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there !!!  Bring Grills, Food, etc. for a good time on the ice !!!

SUGGESTED MEETING AREA:   WALK ON THE ICE AND TURN RIGHT TO ABOUT 50 YARDS OFF THE RIGHT SHORELINE.  LOOK FOR ICE SHANTY FLAG(S) (bring 'em if you've got 'em)

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Hit Welch for the late day bite Saturday. Lots of dinks but a few keeper yellows and crappies.
Today I went back early. Witness what I call a Tundra Tumbleweed. A Gander brand hub without anchors rolling across the lake. I did meet up with the victims on the walk out and luckily no damage. We had a good laugh. Caught a bunch of bluegills,yellows and a pickerel jigging (no tip ups today).
Just a heads up...please do not park in front of the gate. It's suppossed to be clear of vehicles just in case there needs to be a cold water rescue being it acesses the launch ramp. Some folks ain't got no common sense..
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
As of 10:05PM most of sullivan is down to 5-8 and for the most part west of 1-87 in orange is 8-12 and east is 12-18

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
IceBalls thank you for promoting our on-ice gathering. I've updated the SENY 2015 Gatherings suggestion thread with contest info.so please give it a view. If anyone besides IceBalls is planning to bring a grill/campstove and some type of food please post here or in the other thread by Thursday Jan.29 . We can get a list together of whom is bringing what.

Mr.Clean?Steve

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Went to Swan Lake yesterday for their contest- it was a good contest but a tough morning with a lot of wind. My Cabelas 5 sided shelter got obliterated in the first hour... I learned that shelter doesn't handle wind well. Caught a few pickeral and a few bass, and we were chasing flags all day. No perch or panfish :( overall a good day minus the wind. And my destroyed shelter...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like it's not going to be that bad for us....

Offline Crumbo

• IceShanty Rookie
Hope im in the right place. Headed up north to tupper lake and was wondering if anyone has any info on ice conditions and about bait shops.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hope im in the right place. Headed up north to tupper lake and was wondering if anyone has any info on ice conditions and about bait shops.

A couple more posts you can view the Reports and Conditions board ...also there is a Northern NY thread which I believe covers Tupper.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos

Welcome to IS.  If you post 2 more times you'll have access to the reports and conditions board where all lake and ice info is posted. Also at the top of the NY board is a link to the baitshop list for bait shops in NY.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just saw 48+ inchs for Orange County!! :o get out the snowsshoes for ice fishing

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
Anybody fishing for tigers in Westchester or Putnam?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
well not that i want this snow but at least now it looks like i will get to use the snowshoes i bought because of last years snow at the highland lake contest... lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah boss j I just bought a pair I can't wait to try them out!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I just saw 48+ inchs for Orange County!! :o get out the snowsshoes for ice fishing

I don't believe that for a second..... unless there's an Orange County in Massachusetts..... I know there's a town of Orange in both Massachusetts and Connecticut

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
It keeps changing from 40 to 8!!  ???

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
It keeps changing from 40 to 8

Post a link ...still hearing 1-3 overnight and 1-3 for daytime Tuesday for Sullivan ...hope that's true

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well can't drive in Orange County let alone go anywhere until 7am Wednesday..... Newhouse declared a State of Emergency for Orange County until then.... unless it's lifted earlier....

Also looks like they over predicted for our area

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Right now, 2:40AM Tues. here on Long Island, there is not even 3 inches of snow!!  All day they have been promising "major snow by 9PM (Mon.).... BS!!!  From the way it's snowing now, I'd be surprised if,  when I look out my window in the morning, there's even six inches!!!    Could I be wrong...... certainly.  Are those weather guys wrong consistently.....  you betcha !!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
3:20 am 18 * no wind ....looks like 1 inch since 6:00 pm ...for a total of 2-3 for this one thus far ..hope my brethren to my south fair better then the weatherman predictions .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.