New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096005 times)

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
Fished  Loch Sheldrake today, landed 30+ dinks, nothing of any size was biting. Fished from access straight out to the middle in 50 FOV, most fish where hanging around 30 FOV , the few decent marks that I saw would come up fast to the bait then go down and disappear on the bottom. Rumor has it there is a little of everything in that lake, so I am imagining they were walleye still dealing with the barometric pressure change.
Lots of holes on the lake but did not look like there was much sign of success from the weekend there.
Any recommendations for that lake?  ???
thanks
Jonathan
about 20 of those holes were mine and i had nothing to show for it lol its been hit or miss there for me
If you drill it, they will come...

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got out both Saturday on a Sullivan lake fished dawn to dusk landed 24 and a 20" Chain pickerel. ..and bunch of dinkers ...other guys I saw got skunked with the exception of 1 smallie..Monday I went to Loch Sheldrake lake for the first time ...already posted my results above...was planning on going to Big pond on Monday but the roads were rough and they are never nice up there ! Can't wait to retire and fish more than this token weekend BS... is Hessian open down at the paranoid bear mountain? 

Offline striperman

• IceShanty Rookie
Has anyone fished stissing pond yet this year?I haven't tried there in a few years and need to try something different for a change.Thanks
It's not how deep you fish,
Its how you wiggle your worm

Offline IceBalls22

• IceShanty Rookie
Mr. Clean... Steve, what's happening with SENY get togethers???  Have any dates been set??  Locations??  Maybe coincide with some contests??  Takes time to organize these things (you know that).

IMPORTANT NOTE:  ICEBALLS22 IS THE USUAL "ICEBALLS"  (forced to register new name because of computer screwup.  Trying to get it resolved.  Rodger)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Mr. Clean... Steve, what's happening with SENY get togethers???  Have any dates been set??  Locations??  Maybe coincide with some contests??  Takes time to organize these things (you know that).

IMPORTANT NOTE:  ICEBALLS22 IS THE USUAL "ICEBALLS"  (forced to register new name because of computer screwup.  Trying to get it resolved.  Rodger)

A couple pages back there is some info also there is a thread in the NY section titled SENY Get togethers or something along those lines

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
IceBalls22/Rodger I will have to bump the thread Loudmouth879 is referring to back up to the first page.  The first outing/gathering will be on Saturday Jan.31 at the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest held on Echo/Alta Lake in South Fallsburg,NY. . The second outing will be on Sat.Feb.14 Hurleyville Fire Dept. Contest held at Morningside Lake (Town of Fallsburg,NY.) Just for everyone information both of these lakes are in Sullivan County. You can find information about both of these contests in the thread AdkRoy has going stickied near top of NY. General Community page. If the weather cooperates I had planned a third outing for Sat. March 8TH ,may have to change the location need to talk with the DEC office in New Paltz about regulations for the lake I originally picked for gathering.
The two fire dept. contests will have hot drinks available for purchase believe you will have to bring your own food. Baitfish will be available for purchase at the contests.

Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
welcome back mr. balls. when you gonna be heading back up this way?
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
well i lightened my load this year. i bought the clam plate and a milwaukee m18 fuel hammer drill. this is so light!!! i will be heading out this afternoon to break it in for the first time. hoping to find a good bite as the snow flurries start up.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline ColtsFan

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone know what sylvan lake looks like right now?

Offline christaber

• IceShanty Rookie
anyone try sylvan lake yet? or know if its fully frozen

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Who is fishing the Swan Lake contest this weekend?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone try sylvan lake yet? or know if its fully frozen

Maybe you could take the 20 minute drive and let us know

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody know if any of the Harriman state parks lake are open? Rockland lake? I've been itching to go there.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Anybody know if any of the Harriman state parks lake are open? Rockland lake? I've been itching to go there.

As of 10am Thursday morning (today) these are the following lakes are open in the Sterling and Harriman parks:
Harriman: Lake Welch, Tiorati, Askoti, Skannatati, Nawahunta
Sterling: Laural Meadow North and South, Four Corners and Little Dam.
Here are the following numbers you can call to check
Sterling (845)351-5907
Tiorati Circle (845)429-8257
Harriman office at Bear Mountain (845)786-2701
It is what it is....

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drove by Sylvan last Thursday. It was frozen all the way across but not sure how thick, there wasnt anyone out on it.

Offline Rich_Weinberg

• IceShanty Rookie
I plan on fishing Lake Tiorati on the Southwestern side this weekend, starting early Saturday morning.  If you see me in my green parka, stop by and say hi.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Plan on fishing Greenwood Saturday.... that is after checking out 2 secret ponds  ;D

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Loud, Greenwood will be good to go. It was iffy on Monday. Saw 4 crazies on buckets off the beach. 

No lakes are secret with me around ;D You fishing with 4" auger? Did I bump into you last Sat with you being the only one out there? We'll have to get together one of these days.

I'll be fishing the lake inside Tuxedo Park this weekend.  :tipup:

Offline yuranB

• IceShanty Rookie
Has anyone been out on Greenwood, NY Side? How thick is the ice? I heard someone fell thru the ice on greenwood last saturday at the NY side..

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No lakes are secret with me around ;D You fishing with 4" auger? Did I bump into you last Sat with you being the only one out there? We'll have to get together one of these days.

I'll be fishing the lake inside Tuxedo Park this weekend.  :tipup:

Nope wasn't me a 4" auger isn't big enough for me to use with a flasher (hate taking the transducer out every time I catch a fish takes too long) I only fished one public water and that was Saturday afternoon other than that it's been private secret water and trust me these are 2 bodies of water that nobody has fished or has thought about fishing because of where they are located.... We'll see if it pays off

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Loud, Greenwood will be good to go. It was iffy on Monday. Saw 4 crazies on buckets off the beach. 

The foreigners are the 4 crazies on buckets..... always fish that beach area for gills.... waste of time if you ask me I like those fish that have that nice shine in their eyes! As long as I can get to where I want to go with 4" I'll be happy..... Plan on heading up there this afternoon to drill some test holes/scout for tomorrow since I won't be fishing my usual spot

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
The foreigners are the 4 crazies on buckets..... always fish that beach area for gills.... waste of time if you ask me I like those fish that have that nice shine in their eyes! As long as I can get to where I want to go with 4" I'll be happy..... Plan on heading up there this afternoon to drill some test holes/scout for tomorrow since I won't be fishing by usual spot
i was fishing off chapel island last sunday on 5 inches... there was a little open water further south and a bad pressure ridge in the middle... should be much better conditions there now
If you drill it, they will come...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i was fishing off chapel island last sunday on 5 inches... there was a little open water further south and a bad pressure ridge in the middle... should be much better conditions there now

Thanks for the report... there always seems to be a bad pressure ridge somewhere on that lake

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Does anyone fishing round lake in Monroe ?i heard it's good panfish. I was thinking of going after work anyone want to meet me?

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Does anyone fishing round lake in Monroe ?i heard it's good panfish. I was thinking of going after work anyone want to meet me?
I drove by round lake on the way to walton and nobody was out there. Ice looked sketchy. Appeared  to be a large pressure ridge on the west side. Walton had around 6" as of monday

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
I drove by round lake on the way to walton and nobody was out there. Ice looked sketchy. Appeared  to be a large pressure ridge on the west side. Walton had around 6" as of monday
It's 8 to 9 inchs thick

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished greenwood from about 430 to 630 couple marks no takers measured 7.5" where I was. Talked to a couple people and they said middle of the lake was open a few days ago

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I can't post images from photo bucket lol. I tried too long..no big deal..probably better off...had the whe lk to myself and tomorrow snow!  Will have to get the rear wheel chains sometime tomorrow after shoveling myself out
[/quoteHey guys!
Can any body is Sullivan give me a "real" snow update-we are heading that way today with a bunch of kids

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
Did great on put lake for perch. Good time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.