New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095800 times)

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Any public access for swinging bridge? Thinking of going mondyay

Offline striperman

• IceShanty Rookie
There is between 7 to 9 inches of ice on upton lake.The back left hand cove is still open because of geese.
It's not how deep you fish,
Its how you wiggle your worm

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Fished my local lake yesterday ....tough bite ...small pickerel and some bass all on tip ups/downs ...but had 12 inches of ice ..this warm up and rain isn't going to hurt it much .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Any public access for swinging bridge? Thinking of going mondyay

The public launch should be open I received an Email from the DEC back in November assuring me that the launches at Swinging Bridge and White lake will be maintained(plowed) and open .I know that in years past a cable has been across the entrance at Swinging Bridge and White lake has not been plowed .If you find that isn't the case please PM me and l will notify the DEC.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Any ice on swinging bridge yet? I know that the water fluctuates there due to the power dam

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any ice on swinging bridge yet? I know that the water fluctuates there due to the power dam
I'm sure there is probably  safe ice on swinging bridge.  Most other lakes in the are have 8+ inches. I have not been able to make it there but I have a friend who lives there. I'm going to try and get in touch with him to find out.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ok ice boy19 let me know.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I talked to my friend. He said ice is about 9-10 inches north of the public boat launch. He's not sure about the south end.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Just wanted to make you all jealous......er....um. .....bring you up to date (brag).  Hit my favorite local honey hole:

The Perch Deathstar:

My buddies wife was with us today (in his mind):

8" of ice here in Dutchess

LOL!!   ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
KB....if her name was Penelope youd need more fish !!!!!
Great day !!!!!
Hope to see you out there again this year....

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice kb I was going to go ice fishing but the rain sucks

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Might be hitting Greenwood in the morning

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just wanted to make you all jealous......er....um. .....bring you up to date (brag).  Hit my favorite local honey hole:

The Perch Deathstar:

My buddies wife was with us today (in his mind):

8" of ice here in Dutchess

LOL!!   ;D ;D

Wow!!  Way to catch um Kb!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Nice job kb...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Thanks, had to brag about a good day. . Lol

Big Joe, the fish dont care about the rain, they are already wet! 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
nice batch of fish kb …. :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Called Tiorati today and to no surprise they closed all the lakes due to the rain yesterday :( . On a happier note I just looked at my profile and realized today is my 10 year anniversary on IceShanty. I think I'll go fishing in  celebration  of the occasion hahah ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished Chodikee today from 11:30-4:30 . Real slow day, nothing on tip ups shallow, moved them to 15 ft. or so, caught a 14" largemouth and a 18" chain pickerel. Also jigged 7 bluegills and a 8" largemouth. Just hear and there, never really got onto any good schools.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah but I wasn't ready to get soaked from the rain!! ;D I am heading out tomorrow after work for huge panfish! I'm the only one that goes to this lake and hopefully it stays that way.  @)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm the only one that goes to this lake and hopefully it stays that way.  @)

A like I used to fish used to be like that 3 years ago and now there are holes all over the lake... I don't even fish it anymore

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Went out on walton lake today. Had 3 flags and all 3 took the shiner, ran with it, then dropped it. Ended the day with 1 keeper perch and 2 bluegills. Needless to say it was a slow day.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Went out on walton lake today. Had 3 flags and all 3 took the shiner, ran with it, then dropped it. Ended the day with 1 keeper perch and 2 bluegills. Needless to say it was a slow day.

No smallmouths? That's all I caught when I was there a few years ago....

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth that's a nice one! No smallmouths today. It didn't look like anyone on the lake did very well. We Did have DEC Officers come out and check licenses/tip ups. They pulled 2 people off the ice. One forgot his license in his truck and the other gentleman didn't appear to have a license at all. The same guy who didn't have a license set up maybe 15 yards away from us. I don't mind sharing the ice but there was 4 people on the entire lake. It wasn't like we had prime real estate either lol.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth that's a nice one! No smallmouths today. It didn't look like anyone on the lake did very well. We Did have DEC Officers come out and check licenses/tip ups. They pulled 2 people off the ice. One forgot his license in his truck and the other gentleman didn't appear to have a license at all. The same guy who didn't have a license set up maybe 15 yards away from us. I don't mind sharing the ice but there was 4 people on the entire lake. It wasn't like we had prime real estate either lol.

We caught like 5 or 6 like the one in the picture. Sure are fun to catch on jig poles... glad to see that the DEC are doing their job. I must be lucky to only be checked once around here and once upstate in the 15-20 years I've been fishing.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We caught like 5 or 6 like the one in the picture. Sure are fun to catch on jig poles... glad to see that the DEC are doing their job. I must be lucky to only be checked once around here and once upstate in the 15-20 years I've been fishing.
If I'm fishing harriman I get checked all the time. The officer I spoke to said they happened to be driving by and saw us fishing. He said he has never been there before.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished  Loch Sheldrake today, landed 30+ dinks, nothing of any size was biting. Fished from access straight out to the middle in 50 FOV, most fish where hanging around 30 FOV , the few decent marks that I saw would come up fast to the bait then go down and disappear on the bottom. Rumor has it there is a little of everything in that lake, so I am imagining they were walleye still dealing with the barometric pressure change.
Lots of holes on the lake but did not look like there was much sign of success from the weekend there.
Any recommendations for that lake?  ???
thanks
Jonathan

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Kb congratulations to your friend and you on a great day of fishing. Ice Boy19 thank you for the report on Lake Tiorotti . In my opinion it is best to make a phone call before heading to Harriman and Sterling Forest state parks.
Steve

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished  Loch Sheldrake today, landed 30+ dinks, nothing of any size was biting. Fished from access straight out to the middle in 50 FOV, most fish where hanging around 30 FOV , the few decent marks that I saw would come up fast to the bait then go down and disappear on the bottom. Rumor has it there is a little of everything in that lake, so I am imagining they were walleye still dealing with the barometric pressure change.
Lots of holes on the lake but did not look like there was much sign of success from the weekend there.
Any recommendations for that lake?  ???
thanks
Jonathan
The huge trout in that lake suspend in about 8 ft of the water colum.  ;)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i was on white lake last night. had 1 hit jigging and 6 or 7 perch on tip ups. 1st fish was a smallie about 2-2 1/2 lbs. had a lot of fish taking the minnows, running like hell, then dropping it...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished the same spot tonight that two of us caught 40 crappie on Thursday..... and only got 3.... couldn't even find the fish with the flasher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.