New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095978 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwater Diehard maybe look up the Phone number for Town of Cochecton Highway Department . If they do not plow out the parking area might know who does maintain it. I would think it is either town or state since  route 52 is a state road.
Redneck Fishfinder thank you for the reply ,Congratulations on catching the walleye .
Steve

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
PERCH ASSASSIN....You can park on old milltown rd,,,,,its a small rd there is 2 spots cleared but we parked right on the road the other day just hug the shoulder and you will be fine.....

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
thanks trapper you have any luck?

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
1 keeper white and a 1/2 dozen dink perch and gills......enjoy

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
If anyone is looking for new tip-ups kittery trading post has their ice fishing sale going on $20 for 36" Heritage Laker tip-ups

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
The ice better b good next week in orange county! I need to go back out. I went the other day n found a hotspot of crappies all over 14 inches, jumbo perch and huge sunfish!!!!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Big joe, pm me if you like some company.  Lol
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Big Joe
I second that..if you need any help catching any Crappies, Perch or Sunnies...just PM me. I am sure I can find some time..LOL!!!
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The ice better b good next week in orange county! I need to go back out. I went the other day n found a hotspot of crappies all over 14 inches, jumbo perch and huge sunfish!!!!!!

Ice will be fine after the weekend it gets back to cold temps and everything should freeze at night.... that better not be my hotspot!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished Chodikee with my friend today. The access site wasn't plowed, so we took the trek in. We each got 2 bluegills jigging, as well as 3 largemouth bass and a brown bullhead on tip ups. Very sloppy out there, got extremely wet by the end on the day. Only fished for about 2 1/2 hours. 16"ice

PS********Does anyone know if Morningside, Loch Sheldrake/ Superior/White are plowed as of now. Hoping to get to a plowed access site this weekend, but it's a good hour and a half ride for me. Any updates would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished Chodikee with my friend today. The access site wasn't plowed, so we took the trek in. We each got 2 bluegills jigging, as well as 3 largemouth bass and a brown bullhead on tip ups. Very sloppy out there, got extremely wet by the end on the day. Only fished for about 2 1/2 hours. 16"ice

PS********Does anyone know if Morningside, Loch Sheldrake/ Superior/White are plowed as of now. Hoping to get to a plowed access site this weekend, but it's a good hour and a half ride for me. Any updates would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!

I think things will be good to go after the rain tomorrow

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

[/quote] 

Town of Fallsburg Parks(morningside)  ..Phone (845) 434-5877    ....Superior for some reason get plowed out pretty often.( I think its a school bus turn around)...was on my local lake today  and the conditios were quite awesome ...easy walk/drag out with the smitty sled ....unlike the conditions that the past weekend was ...snow packed down quite a bit ... not sure with the warm up n rain will bring
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Tipup28 for info. on Loch Sheldrake use Yellow Pages.com and search for phone number of Bun &Kels bar restaurant located by state access to lake. They could tell you if Parking area has been plowed. Lake Superior is a School bus turn around so area by entrance should be plowed out rest of parking area may not be cleared of snow. If you have not been to Superior the boat launch hill is quite steep and can be tricky to get up if there is any ice. I would use the beach area less steep but longer haul to the lake. When you enter parking area at Superior beach area is to left and boat launch is to the right.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Tipup28 I was incorrect with name it is Bum&Kels .phone number is (845)-434-2832 .Address is 1132 state route 52 Loch Sheldrake.NY.
Steve

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have hopes that the warm weather yesterday,and the rain and warm for the next few days will knock down the snow so we don't end up with slush!
Fished Peach Lake in Brewster/North Salem last Sunday and did very well on decent sized White Perch.
Snow ranged from a few inches to waist deep in drifted spots,but mostly easy to walk in. A bit of slush but my Cabelas Infernos handled it ok with no leaks all day! 18"+ of ice.
Hoping to get out on Sunday for the day! Might be my last shot for this year!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
I think things will be ok in about 7-8 days. The rain will knock a lot of things down and by the middle of this week it'll be back in the single digits at night so whatever slushy snow is left will freeze. So we should be able to stand on top of it at least. Might make for a mess towards the end of the season though. I'm waiting for 2 weeks before I go back out again...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Was out yesterday was totally surprised at the conditions ....easy pull with a Smitty ..didnt fall through .....seemed to be hard pack atop a small void (no slush )...with 12" or more of ice ...really was expecting more slush then I could ever deal with ....not the case at all ....heading out tommorrow ...hoping its not that bad ..sure it will be a lil messy .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Hambletonian

• IceShanty Rookie
Tiorati red flagged today, spoke with park folks and they said by next weekend it should be good to go, possibly mid week if things work out.

They actually measured 14 inches of ice yesterday, which was partly made up of crap white ice. However, apparently some non-ice fisher folks attempted to access Silver Mine in the wrong location, and got their feetsies wet. Park person actually said that ice fishermen were too smart to do that, they know how to get out onto the ice, but when you have a lot of rubes walking around out there....also they mentioned the fog was a factor.

Oh well, you gotta hit the Harriman lakes hard when they are open because it is never for long.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Dang yuppies!!!

Anyway I'm fishing greenwood again tomorrow I'll be there before the sun gets there!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Big joe, pm me if you like some company.  Lol
I went last night in the same location n caught nothing but a little pickeral!! I was told the panfish r stacked in the location every year by the thousands to keep warm!!!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Here's a link to the interview that a local reporter did about me and ice fishing...
http://www.lohud.com/videonetwork/3217391820001/Ice-fishing-in-Rockland-Lake-State-Park
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I went last night in the same location n caught nothing but a little pickeral!! I was told the panfish r stacked in the location every year by the thousands to keep warm!!!

usually how it is there one day your on em the next nothing

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
 YEAAAA  ANDY YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!! AWSOME ....LET ME TELL YOU ANDY IS A NICE GUY ,TALKS A GOOD GAME AND A VERY GOOD ICE FISHERMEN YOU THE MAN   :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
YEAAAA  ANDY YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!! AWSOME ....LET ME TELL YOU ANDY IS A NICE GUY ,TALKS A GOOD GAME AND A VERY GOOD ICE FISHERMEN YOU THE MAN   :tipup: :tipup:

Thanks man!
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
On greenwood again today walking a lot easier than last week got to my spot 30 minutes quicker than last week.... 12"+ of ice keepers: 4 perch and a walleye so far threw back 2 perch also

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Nice.  Im heading out for an afternoon/evening bite.  Bringing some 10 yr old nephews and am hoping they get into some fish.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline QTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
Andy- pm if you go out if Harriman reopens next week.
Hit Tiorati Thursday afternoon w my son. Couple of pickerel and perch t/u and jiggin
the 3 eagles made the afternoon - God Bless America!!!
Tough hike in - thigh deep snow, 6-12" varied on ice to spot. What a workout - the big kid and small kid slept
Well that night.
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2n1c5jc.png[\img]

Offline PWG

• IceShanty Rookie
Harriman is open, a lot of water on the ice, about dozen of guys fishing on different lakes.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Andy- pm if you go out if Harriman reopens next week.
Hit Tiorati Thursday afternoon w my son. Couple of pickerel and perch t/u and jiggin
the 3 eagles made the afternoon - God Bless America!!!
Tough hike in - thigh deep snow, 6-12" varied on ice to spot. What a workout - the big kid and small kid slept
Well that night.

Will do..hoping to get out and I do believe this cold coming back will firm things up.
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So I packed up and headed in around 4 final tally 10 perch and only 1 eye.... that wind was a B@#*$ once it started around 11 it never let up..... Was a nice walk out to my spot everything was rock solid then after the sun hit it what a mess in was the afternoon.... slushy as could be.... this freeze we are getting sure is going to help oh yea ice was around 15"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.