New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095924 times)

Offline eightysixCJ

• IceShanty Rookie
Only Blue lake has a gas auger ban in Palisades/Sterling forest parks

Thank you very much!

Tom

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Also stopped at Gander Mountain Friday and they still don't have fillet knives in stock  :%$#!: ??? It's been like this for the past three weeks.... also noticed they are putting in a new floor in the store.... wish they would put that money into restocking their shelves.....

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Also stopped at Gander Mountain Friday and they still don't have fillet knives in stock  :%$#!: ??? It's been like this for the past three weeks.... also noticed they are putting in a new floor in the store.... wish they would put that money into restocking their shelves.....
there are tons of fillet knifes there........

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
gander is a joke always has been WARDS on rt 52 in Newburgh is the best thing going if he aint got it you dont need it and if you dont see it ask BTW what the hell is PETA doing in gander mountain anyway ???
I have no clue why they were in there just to start trouble

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
The crazy thing is I totally believed you! Its a friggin sports shop that sells implements used to kill animals, harvest animals, whatever you wanna call it. I cant quit understand why a company like that would bow to pressure from anyone for something like that. Its not like it was a Dairy Queen(Mmmm..) and the owner had stuff hanging all over the place..but even then I would still buy some frozen goodness. LOL!!
totally true

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good morning fellow SENY ice fishermen Please check out new thread "SENY ICE Shanty 2014 Outing" the date is Saturday February 15.2014 at Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing club contest at Highland Lake near Eldred,NY. (Western Sullivan county). I hope to see some of you there more details in thread.

I guess Gander Mountain wants to switch to catering to hikers/campers and other outdoor activities and away from fishing and hunting. Also may want to be Like Cabela's Stores which have actual cafeteria type set ups in stores. I hope Cabelas eventually builds a store in Secacus ,NJ. area like they announced a few years back. Personally I like to actually see and handle gear rather then purchase on-line or from catalog.

Steve
well gander mtn did start out as a catalog out from cabelas and started only selling cloths.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
For Gander Mountain... Why do they give in to PETA complaints? THEY SHOULD STAND THEIR GROUND! Just because someone complains doesn't mean we have to entertain them- if they don't like it don't shop there! Every time Gander Mountain does something that takes away from the sportsman who shop there they lose customers. It's no wonder they look like they are going under. That store was so nice when it opened.
it will look much better and be better after the remodel that they r doing right now.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
there are tons of fillet knifes there........

The only thing that was on the shelves were the 4.5" fillet knives made by rapala and electric fillet knives..... the other ones had that tag that said sorry for the inconvenience this item is out of stock or what ever that tag says.... who uses a 4.5" fillet knife anyway

You sure are standing by your employer.... lol

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gander sucks !

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
The only thing that was on the shelves were the 4.5" fillet knives made by rapala and electric fillet knives..... the other ones had that tag that said sorry for the inconvenience this item is out of stock or what ever that tag says.... who uses a 4.5" fillet knife anyway

You sure are standing by your employer.... lol
haha they really do have biger ones.....

Offline PWG

• IceShanty Rookie
Very cold morning in Sullivan County.

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just curious,why is it that when I click on this there'd,it starts with older posts,and I have to click on like page 320 something to see the latest posts,when others open to the newest page?
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
So I have seen 3-4" alewives eaten by 9.5 inch perch.  Also, I am pretty certain they will cover your screen if your using electronics in some of the reservoirs, has anyone else experienced this?   Darn things are annoying wish they were smelt all they did was make it so I couldn't see my jig.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I will be heading out soon to try winding hills park .. if it to hard to get out & move around with all the snow  I will be close to home …
next weekend I will be going to tupper lake for the ny ice pro am… tight lines guys
images.jpeg

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Just curious,why is it that when I click on this there'd,it starts with older posts,and I have to click on like page 320 something to see the latest posts,when others open to the newest page?

Just click on the "NEW" tab highlighted in orange..
It is what it is....

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
   When you see the main page underneath the heading (Southern NY thread)
               started by pooley ...<1 2 3...........328 329 330>  ******  click on the last page number and that will bring you to the last page of(recent) posts
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Well i had a blast at Morningside yesterday. i got there around 9 am walked over to a friend that was set out jigging with tip-ups out too. my first hole put 3 or 4 big gills on the ice in about 10 mins! afternoon slowed and i started to move around to see if i could find either crappy or walleyes to no avail. then my friend calls me telling me theres been a few crappie caught where he was set up so back there i went. if it wasnt for that phonecall i never would have caught the crappie that gave me 1st place in the panfish devision!!! i owe the win to kevin, and my spoons!!! i was gettin slammed as soon as i got there and it didnt stop all day!!!   and then dinner and open bar at the firehouse after was great too.      that slippery nipple tasted sweet...   lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
Go to your profile. Modify profile. Look and layout. There's a box to check so the newest posts come up first....

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well i had a blast at Morningside yesterday. i got there around 9 am walked over to a friend that was set out jigging with tip-ups out too. my first hole put 3 or 4 big gills on the ice in about 10 mins! afternoon slowed and i started to move around to see if i could find either crappy or walleyes to no avail. then my friend calls me telling me theres been a few crappie caught where he was set up so back there i went. if it wasnt for that phonecall i never would have caught the crappie that gave me 1st place in the panfish devision!!! i owe the win to kevin, and my spoons!!! i was gettin slammed as soon as i got there and it didnt stop all day!!!   and then dinner and open bar at the firehouse after was great too.      that slippery nipple tasted sweet...   lol
  Congrats ....BTW any Walleyes make in on the board ?

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Go to your profile. Modify profile. Look and layout. There's a box to check so the newest posts come up first....
   Just gave that a try...but so use to looking/finding /reading posts like I have been.... found it a lil confusing/distracting to me ..but thanks for the heads up ...learn something new everyday .

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

or you can click the part that is in the red circle

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
there was only 1 walleye caught. that was by a youth as well!!!  was 18 1/2 or 19 1/2.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished Chodikee today. Lots of missed flags, got 4 largemouth bass total(10", 12", 14", and a nice 16"er) . Nothing jigging, but nice day out on the ice.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Hit one of my favorite ponds today, iced over 20 perch of keeper size!  Great day to be out, biggest catch was my sunburn off the snow!

Heres some of them:

Here's the whopper of the day:

The smaller ones came up with their stomachs hanging out (got them deep), so instead of wasting them they went home with me.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice going KB.....hit sodom today 4 whites 1 yellow and a bluegill.....all dinks except 1 white......bite was very slow......
Quite a few out but not a lot of fish on the ice that i saw.....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit Rockland Lake today..not too many people out there fishing. My buddy and I were able to land these keepers, 2 on tip ups the rest jiggin with a few dinks going back down the hole to live another day. I was using spikes, he was using waxies. A great day to be out on the ice.
It is what it is....

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
Hit Rockland Lake today..not too many people out there fishing. My buddy and I were able to land these keepers, 2 on tip ups the rest jiggin with a few dinks going back down the hole to live another day. I was using spikes, he was using waxies. A great day to be out on the ice.

awsome corndog might head up this week how the walk out

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit one of my favorite ponds today, iced over 20 perch of keeper size!  Great day to be out, biggest catch was my sunburn off the snow!

Heres some of them:

Here's the whopper of the day:

The smaller ones came up with their stomachs hanging out (got them deep), so instead of wasting them they went home with me.
its not thier stomach,its thier air bladder and if you don't" burp them they won't be able to get back down and will die!
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Boss Jiggs congratulations on your prize winning crappie . Did they get a good turn out for the contest? Loudmouth congrats to you also I have to give Glenmere a visit some day. Dewey Icefish good luck at the Tupper Lake contest. How were the conditions at Winding Hills may go there for a few hours this coming Friday.  Kb thank you for keeping the perch many people would have released them back into the lake.
How deep was the spot you were fishing ?
Steve

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
   awsome corndog might head up this week how the walk out

Thanks Reelaction! The walk out was fine..not soupy at all. But a good pair of creepers is a must.
It is what it is....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.