New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095978 times)

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks. Never tried wards.

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the heads up I was gonna stop their tonight guess not

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
And another thing....they removed their animal mounts, that featured the work of local taxidermist, due to a complaint from a parent..supposedly, and/or because of the cost to maintain and clean them.
Seriously?
It is what it is....

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
And another thing....they removed their animal mounts, that featured the work of local taxidermist, due to a complaint from a parent..supposedly, and/or because of the cost to maintain and clean them.
Seriously?

Wow,  the weekend yuppie shoppers taking over.   

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Ward's is the best!
P.S. I absolutely hate this snow. Every time I drill a hole, 2 inches of water comes on top of the ice from below the ice. Can't jig inside my shanty without me and my shanty and all my gear getting soaking wet. This sucks!

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
I said this on another post Gander Mountain...Overpriced S**t !!!!!!!!

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
I believe in supporting local shops but not at the point of getting ripped off !!!!
If you go online you can buy everything cheaper but would rather pay a little more and shop local.....but don't stick it up my ICEHOLE !!!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
O&H in chester has bait from what I heard said he may get more Saturday morning at 6:30.... he is working out of his house.... guess I need to get bait tomorrow morning at my local bait shop before everyone sells out!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
You can also try Tom's bait shop in Fairoaks.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anyone fish Harriman today? Planning on heading there tomorrow and wanted to know what the conditions were like..
It is what it is....

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Seriously?
PETA complained a lot so they took them down................

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
PETA complained a lot so they took them down................

Classic!
It is what it is....

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
The only bad thing about O & H is he is only opened on weekends. Maybe with Gander not selling bait anymore maybe he could try to be opened a little more !

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Bait:  Sports Nuts in Rock Hill, NY

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
gander is a joke always has been WARDS on rt 52 in Newburgh is the best thing going if he aint got it you dont need it and if you dont see it ask BTW what the hell is PETA doing in gander mountain anyway ???

Offline 4everlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Tips for fishing Walton Lake with tip ups, thinking running a line from the 40 to the 60 fow marks.  Also, Gas Augers allowed? 

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm serious I work there!

The crazy thing is I totally believed you! Its a friggin sports shop that sells implements used to kill animals, harvest animals, whatever you wanna call it. I cant quit understand why a company like that would bow to pressure from anyone for something like that. Its not like it was a Dairy Queen(Mmmm..) and the owner had stuff hanging all over the place..but even then I would still buy some frozen goodness. LOL!!
It is what it is....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good morning fellow SENY ice fishermen Please check out new thread "SENY ICE Shanty 2014 Outing" the date is Saturday February 15.2014 at Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing club contest at Highland Lake near Eldred,NY. (Western Sullivan county). I hope to see some of you there more details in thread.

I guess Gander Mountain wants to switch to catering to hikers/campers and other outdoor activities and away from fishing and hunting. Also may want to be Like Cabela's Stores which have actual cafeteria type set ups in stores. I hope Cabelas eventually builds a store in Secacus ,NJ. area like they announced a few years back. Personally I like to actually see and handle gear rather then purchase on-line or from catalog.

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Sorry everyone I guess my SENY ICE Shanty 2014 annual outing thread/post was against website rules if you go back to page 325 Reelimin posts some basic. info. on the contest. If you have any questions send me a personal message.

MY apologies to website admin. and NY. mods. in the future though please send me a personal message telling me what rule I have broken do not want to lose my membership.

Steve

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
 4everlaker
 i have used gas augers on walton before while the dec were their & they didn't say anything
 good luck
                      jef

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Good morning fellow SENY ice fishermen Please check out new thread "SENY ICE Shanty 2014 Outing" the date is Saturday February 15.2014 at Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing club contest at Highland Lake near Eldred,NY. (Western Sullivan county). I hope to see some of you there more details in thread.

I'm not able to locate that thread ? Maybe post a link to it from his thread also
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Anyone fishing the Glenmere tourny tomorrow?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
For Gander Mountain... Why do they give in to PETA complaints? THEY SHOULD STAND THEIR GROUND! Just because someone complains doesn't mean we have to entertain them- if they don't like it don't shop there! Every time Gander Mountain does something that takes away from the sportsman who shop there they lose customers. It's no wonder they look like they are going under. That store was so nice when it opened.

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
Sportsmen are constantly losing their rights because people, like those in charge at gander mountain, Give in to yuppie demands. we are the minority Now my friends.
By the way...I'm doing the Morningside derby tomorrow.
Anyone else?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I'm probably going to sylvan. Haven't fished it yet this year.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd be up there this weekend. I'm definitely doing king of the ice- I am going to try to make it out for highland lake.

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
Just came back from Morningside.
Went to do a little scouting. Miserable.
12" of snow. 20 inch thick ice. Almost got to the plate
on my auger before it would hit water. Not a bite.
Not even a nibble between me and my brother.
I'm skipping the contest to hit a sweeter spot.

Offline PWG

• IceShanty Rookie
Guys,

What is this fish at the bottom?
They both came from the pickerel's stomach.
I know the one on the top, but what is the one that looks like herring?
Do we have freshwater herring in our lakes?
Is that what they call alewife?

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah I think you've got an alewive there.
They are a smaller species of herring commonly found in fresh water.
They are in saltwater also we catch them sometimes when we are fishing for blueback herring with the smaller size hooks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.