New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095764 times)

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
coorslightguy and catskillguy- got a LX-7 last week, used it on 2 lakes from 12-90 fow, it is an amazing tool!
worth considering in your exploring of a fishfinder.
good side:
very accurate
customizable to the nth degree up to three views at once
great battery life
large screen w/ snow shield
no noise!
intuitive
easy to manipulate
down side:
heavier than vex
does not fit in a bucket
slightly cumbersome to carry
expensive!

All in all amazingly accurate and was very easy to tone out inference this weekend when other finders had a tough time, i dint regret the purchase at all
good luck  :tipup:

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
There is also one on the jersey side all the way down

Good to know... How many cars can it fit?
It is what it is....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
coorslightguy don't over;ook the Humminbird ice 35.. Veery good low end unit with aall the features of most higher end units by other names...zoom , dual beam and goes to depth of 200 ft if needed.

the lowrance modles have all of this as well as graph. its a awesome machine!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I know I'll most likely be selling my vex at the end of this year and upgrading to an lx-7 as long as everything goes according to plan

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Doitnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good to know... How many cars can it fit?

About 15.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
It is what it is....

Offline Doitnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks man!
The gill bite is good at sunset.

Offline coorslightguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3% patriot
Thanks for the info....def worth takin a look at the lx7.  I love lowrannce products and have the hds10 on my 25 ft aqua sport on the sound.  Great piece of electronics.  Well if u happen on upgrading a little sooner lemme know.  Thanks again or the info

Offline bonotch

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the info.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good morning I had to do some searching through my fishing notes to find this information. You can access Greenwood Lake from the public beach at Thomas P. Morahan waterfront park in the village of Greenwood Lake,NY. North end of lake, I received this info. from another member so I can not give directions to the park. I hope this is of some help.
Steve

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well the fish are going to get a break from me catching them.... off to Arizona for a week. GL fishing everyone. I'll check in time to time

Offline bonotch

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks, big help.

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the info....def worth takin a look at the lx7.  I love lowrannce products and have the hds10 on my 25 ft aqua sport on the sound.  Great piece of electronics.  Well if u happen on upgrading a little sooner lemme know.  Thanks again or the info

If you like lowrance I just got the elite 5 and its awesome!! You will love it

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished Chodikee last night from 4:20-6:45pm. Ice was 14". Caught 9 bluegills and a brown bullhead.

Offline steelhead5

• IceShanty Rookie
does anyone know if there is safe ice on Lake Peekskill?

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
12 dink bluegills at chodikee tonight.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
12 dink bluegills at chodikee tonight.

Sounds like it's slowing down there. I'm thinking maybe this is one of those best at first ice spots you think?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Has anyone been Fishing Whaley Lake?  How has the parking then at the marina?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
The Thin Ice - It really just depends on the night. Sometime you can catch slobs all night, but there are also days like last night, where you catch catch a fish over 6 inches :(. First ice is generally the best, but for the most part, if you can locate a school (with some large fish), you can catch a lot of fish all season.

KB - I'm pretty sure the previous owners of the only public marina have sold the place. Access to this lake is now impossible unless you have permission, if that is the case. I'm not 100% sure, so I would check for yourself, but that is what I've been hearing from a lot of people. Sad, as this was of of my favorite bass lakes, but that's what happens.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I know that the marina was sold, Im just courious if the new owner allows parking.   Its one of my favorite places to fish.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
The Thin Ice - It really just depends on the night. Sometime you can catch slobs all night, but there are also days like last night, where you catch catch a fish over 6 inches :(. First ice is generally the best, but for the most part, if you can locate a school (with some large fish), you can catch a lot of fish all season.

KB - I'm pretty sure the previous owners of the only public marina have sold the place. Access to this lake is now impossible unless you have permission, if that is the case. I'm not 100% sure, so I would check for yourself, but that is what I've been hearing from a lot of people. Sad, as this was of of my favorite bass lakes, but that's what happens.

I didn't even realize that the old access is no longer available. Fishing that lake with the canoe is one if my earliest memories of fishing with my father. I remember the small dirt parking lot and the long skinny dock we'd walk down to get to the water. That's unfortunate, I was hoping to get back on there at some point. We always did well there during the summer.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit Tiorati the last two days. Tuesday 30 gills, only about 6-7 that were 9" or so, and one golden shiner.
Wednesday we got into the yellow perch..mostly dinks but about 6-7 in the 10-11" range.
Side note...someone decided it was a good idea to light a fire on one of the islands yesterday morning. With the wind, it was not the brightest of ideas..got outta control and I believe the young lady in the office said they were going to check it out. Saw two workers walking oy from the dam side and the fire was out about 1/2 hour later.
And Cedar Point lot is open for easier access to the ice..FYI
It is what it is....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Corndog thank you for the info. on lake Tiorotti . It most come with being a state park I hope the fire did not do to much damage  is it even legal to have a fire . Years back I was fishing at Island Pond from a canoe with two friends two fellows come out in a row boat .They go to island and proceed to hammer nails into two trees so they can string a line from which to suspend a tent. Upon Leaving we wrote down their vehicles license plate number and make reported them to park authorities. They also did not have the required sticker on their vehicle to be at Island Pond. We figure they had gotten a gate key from a friend.
Steve

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mr. Clean.. I could understand if it was a private lake and you wanted to keep the kiddies toasty.. But unless you are at a campsite with a fire pit, and you are correct in stating the legality of it. And to just let it burn like that is irresponsible. I did not walk over to see the damage. With Harriman you run the risk of meeting up with people who just have no clue as to the rules.. Or know the rules and feel they don't apply to them.
It is what it is....

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Southern NY thread is on page 4. I have never seen it back that far ! After this weekend we will be back on top with stories & pictures !

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Im trying new lakes down South of me this weekend so I will post as well.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Southern NY thread is on page 4. I have never seen it back that far ! After this weekend we will be back on top with stories & pictures !

Everyone is too busy fishing

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I have to bring the wheeler to suffern for a repair, I think I will stop by seven lakes drive on my way home …I have never been up there
which lake should I stop by on my way home to pic up a few panfish?   thanks
images.jpeg

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Make sure you dont have commercial plates on your vehicle because they are not aloud up there !

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have to bring the wheeler to suffern for a repair, I think I will stop by seven lakes drive on my way home …I have never been up there
which lake should I stop by on my way home to pic up a few panfish?   thanks
lake tiorati has some great perch fishing. one of the better spots is the little island thats off to the left of the parking lot at the back end of the lake. silvermine lake also has great perch fishing.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.