New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095935 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Get to pick up my Muskie tomorrow from my taxidermist

Sweet...  Cant wait to see the pictures...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy

Sweet...  Cant wait to see the pictures...

From the one picture I've seen it looks darker than when I caught it  :-\ Hopefully it is just the lighting.... we will see

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if you dont like the way this site is set up and its availability to past comments then i suggest 1 thing, go away! dont just join OUR site and expect it to change to your preferences...

:nono: Why can't we all just get along cue "Why can't we be friends" by War

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Snowden why not open a new thread if this one doesn't fit your style. I don't post a lot, but I get a lot of good insight on what's going on in the region, and feel like I know  these guys even though I never met any of them..

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey you guys need to lighten up on snowden ,onice or underice whatever he wants to call himself next. He is a very special person ! ::)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cousin went to Gleneida today not sure what the ice was but judging from the pictures he sent me he caught 3 lakers

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
i don't want to see topher/pooley /holehawg and others who no longer post here.. they are inactive all season.. i find it annoying when i log into this thread..would putting them on ignor work instead?  I pm'd moderators so i guess they may help modify this special request.
you joined this site 2 months ago and you find it annoying that you have to see the names of 3 guys (Pooley,Topher And holehawg)that have over 10,000 posts between them, these guys are the first ones that will help a fellow fisherman and help run gatherings, No offense but I think you need a little more time here before you start trying to change things

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879 like others looking forward to see your muskie mount. Folks if my memory is correct Snow den/ON-ice likes to stir the pot . I believe some of his posts as On-ice resulted in this thread being locked last year for a day or two so if he is still allowed to post or reregistars and you see similar comments ignore them. Just for everyone info. when Pooley joined I believed he was unemployed so he had more free time then he currently does also he may be more careful when and where he posts. Holehawg has medical and personal problems he is dealing with at this time. Topher is most likely busy between working as a G.M. mechanic in Binghamton ,raising his young daughter and running his business T7 custom fishing rods.
To get back on ice fishing I was able to make my first trip of the season got out for one and a half hours. I fished at Winding Hills park (Diamond lake) in Town Of Montgomery. Nice day tried out some new gear caught one yellow perch around 6 inches on my new No.8 in-line combo (24 inch Ultra light ) . Very sensitive rod still have to play around with the drag and see if I can get jig to drop and not have to strip line off reel to get back down to fish. Also set up a tip down went off once think I set the hook to soon and pulled bait away from fish. It felt good to be back on the ice, did not measure maybe 8 inches top two or three cloudy ice rest black one inch of snow at most on top of ice..
If any of the NY. mods see this is it possible to start a Orange county small waters of waters thread in the Reports and Conditions community. We currently only have a thread for Greenwood Lake.
Steve

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
I got a nice 26 incher out of Lake Superior last summer lake superiors loaded with them
i used to fish superior quite alot when i lkived in sullivan county. got some biiig bass out of there. great lake to fish.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished Chodikee last night . Set up before dark in about 10ft. of water around 5pm, fished till 7pm. Caught 2 small largemouth bass on tip ups and 4 bluegills and a nice yellow perch jigging. Ice was a good 10" thick.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Went out on LG with Kevin (BC Shanty) yesterday at Vets Park.  After doing a bit of searching and drilling we started to get into the fish! Was a cold one but it was worth the effort! We totaled 30 fish and missed 7 and got two nice ones, 28" and 30"! Awesome day Bro, lemme know when you're ready to go up again!

Mike

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Great looking fish...   Must have been pretty chilly out there.... 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Damn Jager... You certainly have a way with the trout!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If any of the NY. mods see this is it possible to start a Orange county small waters of waters thread in the Reports and Conditions community. We currently only have a thread for Greenwood Lake.
Steve

I stated this earlier in the year but this is pretty much the reports and conditions thread for OC

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished a small pond in Ulster Co. today from 10am till 1pm. The snow started getting bad, so I decided to call it a day, since the bite was extremely slow. Nothing jigging, and an 18" largemouth bass on a tip up. 5-6" black ice.

Offline AmIceMan

• IceShanty Rookie
Was out on lake Huntington this morning 1 flag with a small pickerel and got a couple sunnies while jigging

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Tough going at Silver Mine today. Fishing by 8am buy didn't cat h much until around 11am. Met up with some nice guys buy no onewas doing real well. Landed 23 ffish..mostly Gills and some real nice ones. Some yellow perch but only one worth anything. Christened my Smitty sled and it worked great getting my DG Fish Trap out on the lake.
Highlight.. a Snowy Owl perched on a rock watching us fish.
And now a brief stint on my soapbox. If you're gonna fish, pick up your trash. There's a friggin dumpster in the parking lot.
Ok...stepping down now...
Good luck and be safe..this week looks like it may be a real good one.
It is what it is....

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Was out on lake Huntington this morning 1 flag with a small pickerel and got a couple sunnies while jigging
h

That lake can really be a hit or a miss...

Offline PWG

• IceShanty Rookie
Silvermine this morning - 10 yellow perches in 10-12 range, couple of decent sunfishes.
About twenty people on the lake.

Drove Seven Lakes drive around 1PM - thirty guys on Tioratti and five on Ascoti despite the snow.

Offline PWG

• IceShanty Rookie
And now a brief stint on my soapbox. If you're gonna fish, pick up your trash. There's a friggin dumpster in the parking lot.

Good point!
Today I picked up the fresh empty bottle of Yagermeister from the ice of lake Silver Mine and brought it to the dumpster.
Shame on you, Yagermeister lover!!!  >:(

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Drove by Glenmere Lake just now and 2 guys out near the road.... and being the observant person that I am they were from Jersey

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Loudmouth, your killing me with suspense!! Wheres the musky mount brother!??!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth, your killing me with suspense!! Wheres the musky mount brother!??!

My taxidermist just text me he was home so It'll be up by 8

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was on Silver mine today also. Far back right. Got there about 8 am left at 5pm. Caught 5 perch, 3 nice ones 2 below average. Caught all 5 before 11 am.
Question for you guys that fish the park all the time, are gas augers allowed or not? If they're not allowed, I was very lucky today, DEC came out just as I was packing up. He asked for license but didn't say anything about the auger, so I asked him. His answer was I don't know, and I should check with the park. He did tell me he would have an answer the next time he sees me.
I think I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully the bite will be better.

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just did a Little research. Apparently gas augers are allowed on all Lakes except Blue Lake. that's a relief, I thought I was going to have to buy a new drill.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
I just did a Little research. Apparently gas augers are allowed on all Lakes except Blue Lake. that's a relief, I thought I was going to have to buy a new drill.

I was just about to tell you the same thing! And my buddy said "Someone should tell that guy augers aren't allowed here".. Then I told him the rules.. But he said I was wrong. But we both know it was HE that was wrong.
I was the one with the older Fish Trap..
It is what it is....

Offline QTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
Hit Tiorati in afternoon till dark w my son. Pickerel and perch on tip ups
And jiggled up bunch of small perch. Pretty cool fishin in snow.
Ditto on gas augers - dec out checking licenses and bait
receipts - Saw the same officeron blue lake the other day - nice guy.
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2n1c5jc.png[\img]

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Any one fish a lot on mohigan lake in Sullivan county I need some info on a certain fish species.  So inbox me if u know a lot about the place.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Not it's final resting spot and not the greatest of pictures but I will take a better picture once it's on the wall!

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Loud.......Looks like a skin mount right? How does it look next to a picture you took. Darker? Lighter? Was she a dark colored fish?
Either way hell of a fish brother.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.