New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095983 times)

Offline Lightsimage

• IceShanty Rookie
Worked West Branch 9:30am - 1:00pm. Maybe 8 others there.
Ice wasn't too bad by the edges and held a steady 3-1/2" as far out as I drilled.
Nothing to show for the effort. No flags and nada jigging.
Couldn't even manage a suicidal perch!
After this week's predicted cold, at least the options will improve!

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit my honey whole for 1/2 day , was nice in the beginning after 2pm the wind was bad and felt like 0º but manage 10 crappie and few perch , one was shy of 16"  :(  rest 15 ..14 smallest 13

The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
very nice slabs

Offline fishon723

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice bag of fish Razvy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good looking group of Crappies Razvy .
Steve

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
That is one huge crappie raz.. is that 16 inches? ALBEIT A HUGE FISH ;D  my catch was like this each three days..

Offline soulstream

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the flag pops, the b#$%t stops!!!
nice catch guys!!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Hit Blue Lake in Sterling Forest today.
There were about a dozen guys out there, plenty of room.
Tested my drill  powered  auger adapter..using a NiCad 18 volt and six inch auger I was able to get 20-25 holes. Did not keep the battery warm, had a spare but never went to it.
On the ice aroud 1:15pm, off at dusk.
My buddy landed a nice 24" Pickerel on tip up. And a nice 9 3/4" Crappie as well as numerous Gills and one nice Yellow Perch.
I landed about 20 Gills, some at 9" and some smaller, including some dinks and only one dink Yellow Perch, using a Trout Magnet tipped with a Wax Worm
The bite really turned on around 3:30pm.

Oh, and this little guy...
It is what it is....

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Anyone making it out on Sylvan? I know it was still locked up but lost a lot of ice with the recent thaw. If it's not safe now it should be towards the end of this week with these temps coming up.

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
That is one huge crappie raz.. is that 16 inches? ALBEIT A HUGE FISH ;D  my catch was like this each three days..

Nice pictures , yes was very close to 16" a hair under , congratulation on your catch  ;)
 thx guys for the compliments
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict

Nice pictures , yes was very close to 16" a hair under , congratulation on your catch  ;)
 thx guys for the compliments

WOW!! Nice! :clap:
It is what it is....

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
Anyone making it out on Sylvan? I know it was still locked up but lost a lot of ice with the recent thaw. If it's not safe now it should be towards the end of this week with these temps coming up.
Sylvan is locked up... saw someone drilled a hole about 15 from the dec launch but no others i say there was about 2.5 inches... no wet spots anywhere on the fresh snow so im thinking by sat. it should be ok...

Offline coorslightguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3% patriot
Lookin for a dynamite trout spot.....any suggestions?

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello everyone
   is sturgeon pool in ulster county worth ice fishing. any info would be greatly appreciated.

jef

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
coorslight....i dont think youre allowed to fish for trout with dynamite !!!!!

you are in Carmel and there is plenty good trout water there
any of the reservoirs are good for trout....some better than others but most produce good trout ....
Good Luck !

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
coorslight....i dont think youre allowed to fish for trout with dynamite !!!!!

That right there, Trapper, made even my wife laugh out loud! And we thank you...
It is what it is....

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sylvan is locked up... saw someone drilled a hole about 15 from the dec launch but no others i say there was about 2.5 inches... no wet spots anywhere on the fresh snow so im thinking by sat. it should be ok...

Thanks for the update, I'll get there to check it out later this week and hopefully get some holes drilled. I was so excited to get on there until the last warm up. I'm not complaining too much, I've kept myself busy fishing LG catching my first laker and then Oneida for eyes. Maybe losing some local ice was a blessing in disguise  ;)

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
Thanks for the update, I'll get there to check it out later this week and hopefully get some holes drilled. I was so excited to get on there until the last warm up. I'm not complaining too much, I've kept myself busy fishing LG catching my first laker and then Oneida for eyes. Maybe losing some local ice was a blessing in disguise  ;)
im going to check also... yes lg is sweet but i love fishing here too...lol good luck and ill post ice amount for you here if i get there before you... take care

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lookin for a dynamite trout spot.....any suggestions?
you have some of the best brown trout fishing within a couple of miles

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
8 1/2 " at Chodikee. Too cold/windy to fish for more than 15 minutes (left the shanty at home)

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
8 1/2 " at Chodikee. Too cold/windy to fish for more than 15 minutes (left the shanty at home)

It's been a long time since I fished Chodikee. I remember lots of nice size bass and plenty of panfish. I've never fished it in winter. Do you do ok there?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
do not go near the inlet the ice cant be safe near there with the thawing we had

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished chodikee yesterday bunch of bass a 28" pickerel some smaller pickerel about 10-15 crappies. Lots of ice just stay away from the big beaver hut

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Usually get lots of bass, pickerel, and bluegills.

Offline MarlinAintAFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
My bro was out on Blue Lake in Sterling Forest today. I guess all them lakes have green flags.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
My bro was out on Blue Lake in Sterling Forest today. I guess all them lakes have green flags.

How did he do?? Come on man..I NEED DETAILS!!!! Lol!
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Hows the fishing been on Morningside? Shoot me a pm if ya need to.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
I know it is going to be solid as ever when I give it another go very soon ;D... I do have a request for any moderators about this site.. First I like to ask the others who post here, what do you feel about seeing the first (oldest posts) on this thread when you log in ??? ::) I mean, to me it is quite silly to have to see  old posts from previous seasons and having to click to get to most recent posts.. mind that I tried several different settings /preferences .. under my profile to no avail.. still see characters such as " pooley" and the likes who obviously aRE NO LONGER on this thread... so I ask the moderators to at least clear the old posts dating back the previous seasons .. what do others posting here regularly say?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I know it is going to be solid as ever when I give it another go very soon ;D... I do have a request for any moderators about this site.. First I like to ask the others who post here, what do you feel about seeing the first (oldest posts) on this thread when you log in ??? ::) I mean, to me it is quite silly to have to see  old posts from previous seasons and having to click to get to most recent posts.. mind that I tried several different settings /preferences .. under my profile to no avail.. still see characters such as " pooley" and the likes who obviously aRE NO LONGER on this thread... so I ask the moderators to at least clear the old posts dating back the previous seasons .. what do others posting here regularly say?

No leave the old stuff all you need to do is click on this and it will bring you to the latest post! It all the way on the right side when you are looking at all the threads

Also stopped at wards since I was in the Newburgh area and he didn't even have what I needed.... I guess nobody carries P-line flourocarbon leader material anymore  ???

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
No leave the old stuff all you need to do is click on this (Image removed from quote.) and it will bring you to the latest post! It all the way on the right side when you are looking at all the threads

Also stopped at wards since I was in the Newburgh area and he didn't even have what I needed.... I guess nobody carries P-line flourocarbon leader material anymore  ???
I do not see anything on the right  that deletes very old topics dating back to a time when those subscribers were valid,, I asked the moderators to remove all invalid subscriptions to remove what appears to be clutter when I log on.. I tried every feature to do it myself.. besides 317 posts is enough even for NSA data mining lol..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.