New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095848 times)

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trapper, you do need a permit & I know you cant start fishing there until 7;00-7;30 in the morning & you have to be off by dark. The price also varies depending if you just walk in or if your going with someone else that has a permit. I have open water fished it a few times but I have never ice fished it. Good luck. Walt

Offline maxt

• IceShanty Rookie
Went to Sullivan yesterday.
Had a very good day of fishing on 4 to 5 inches of black ice.
That was a blust! Almost non-stop action for 5 hours.
Ended up with over 30 yellow perches (half of them in 11-12"range) and 4 pickerels - on the smaller side.

Pickerels and biggest perch - on tip-ups, the rest - plain old jigging Siberian style. :)
Here are the couple of pictures - beginning of the day and final product - ready to cook perch.

And yes - I'm Russian and we are considering fish eggs a delicacy! :) :) :)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice perch! BTW, I got the same rod :). Check your PM.

Offline seadog8

• IceShanty Rookie
Here's the website for chadwick lake
http://www.townofnewburgh.org/Cit-e-Access/webpage.cfm?TID=40&TPID=9565

we were told to be off the lake at 4:30pm yesterday.

And I don't think they open until 8 or 8:30am .  best to call the ranger station.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Next time I head down to Ward's I'll ask him for you Corndog.

Offline POtjm120

• IceShanty Rookie
First time poster here.  My 13 year old son has convinced me to go ice fishing, something I have not done in several years and I'm looking forward to it.  :) He's hoping we will have better luck than we did hunting this year! 

Wondered if any one knows anything about Green Mountain Lake in Pawling? 

Have fished White Pond, Tymor Park, East Branch, West Branch and a few others, but never tried Green Mountain Lake.  Several years ago the Shot Shop in Beekman sponsored a kid's tournament there.

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
green mountain lake is private as far as in knew... just saying ..lmao

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-green-mountain-lake-pawling-ny/

Offline POtjm120

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks pfd5623sg.  Maybe I will call the Town of Pawling Recreation department as I actually found it mentioned as a Town of Pawling park on the Dutchess County website.   

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
I heard there were some guys out on 4th binnewater lake. has anyone been on the lake recently. last time i asked the dec and other folks they said it was posted. have they opened it back up again?

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
If you are heading to Chadwick lake call first. They like to close the lake to ice fishing for any and every reason. Last year they shut down the lake with 14'' of good ice because there was a tiny bit of the edges getting soft . Once they even said the ice was too slippery and unsafe, someone could fall and get hurt. It is loaded with giant bass and good pan fishing though  .

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
bone chilling deep freeze out there,, went to open my truck door and it was frozen stuck..lol.. I was just trying to get the bird feed for the backyard critters.. the deer in my yard enjoyed a few loafs of semolina breadI had leftover. It is nasty out there but, I expect this record freeze will add at least a few more inches of ice this week ;D

Offline Robbieq16

• IceShanty Rookie
I was wondering if any ice report on swinging bridges I know it's always one of the last ones to lock up anyone been there

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I was wondering if any ice report on swinging bridges I know it's always one of the last ones to lock up anyone been there

Look on page 304.... instead of asking questions go back a couple pages you will find a lot of information

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Slammin big eyes in that reservoir. Few years back I put a 10lb, 7 lb, 6 n 5lber on the ice all in one day. I fished that reservoir 9 times that season and limited every time. I released most big girls though so I know they are still in there somewhere

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Slammin big eyes in that reservoir. Few years back I put a 10lb, 7 lb, 6 n 5lber on the ice all in one day. I fished that reservoir 9 times that season and limited every time. I released most big girls though so I know they are still in there somewhere
    If you dont mind me asking where did you park/gain access to Swinging Bridge ? Drove by it last Ice season and the public launch had a cable across it ...
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey that's not an easy place to find the walleyes .

Offline Robbieq16

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks  LM  for puting me to te right page! I fished there this year with te boat for the first time we boated a good amount of walleye and gonna give it a try this year will any if the marinas let u park by them for a fee?? Last time I checked greenwood was not frozen yet which was a week ago. SNOWDIN tring to figure out y I can not pm back will try later at the home computer

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Parking & access to Swinging Bridge I know of the two state boat ramp's you can park at . Maybe the marinas will let you park if they are open . Most all are closed for season.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
FYI..
Laurel Meadow North in Sterling Forest is open as per the office. Others should soon follow. Fingers crossed.
Heading up in the morning.
It is what it is....

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Correct, I parked at one of the Marinas. I am putting the 31 incher on the wall with a replica mount eventually.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
SNOWDIN tring to figure out y I can not pm back will try later at the home computer

need 5 posts to pm

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Ice clam

• IceShanty Rookie
Upton lake report - today COLD  -18 wind chill no fish no other fisherman 4 inches of ice , roughed it for 4 hours nothing

Offline Robbieq16

• IceShanty Rookie
They are in there we got one 29" there this year

Offline Robbieq16

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks again LM

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
walleye smalleye ;i want Harimanopen,, big yellow perch crappies and monster bass on a jig ;D

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Ice Clam where did you have 4 inches of ice?
Jaycr3183 that's a great walleye from there  :bow:
Robbieq16 is very nice to great job!!!!
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
I heard 8 inches plus in Sullivan lks (at least where I go when up that way.. hoping the bigger ponds on Harriman open before long. I can't imagine only 4 inches anywhere in nys ;D

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
I cooked up a mean homemade beef barley..oh man.. carrots onions celery three bean barley stew tomatoes beef broth.. I should be on a cooking network :o I want a perch fry ..going to call Harriman and see what the deal is over there  ;D

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
THING WITH THOSE BIG OLD COWS IS THEY REALLY AREN'T GOOD EATS,,FISHY TASTES FOR ANYTHING OVER 24INCHES, i LET GO ANYTHING OVER 22 INCHES,, BUT ONLY BECAUSE i KNOW FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE.. NOT TO MENTION BIG OLD BREEDER SIZE ARE MORE LIKELY TO SPAWN SUCCESSFULLY IF RELEASED UNHARMED. bUT THERE IS NO HARM KEEPING A PRIZED FISH ONCE IN A WHILE.. THEY ARE NOT THAT EASY TO CATCH ;D

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
aNYBODY BRAVE TODAY'S CHILL? THINKING TOMORROW IS A GO IF some local state park ponds open, any wind on Harriman ???

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
wed. going to be blustery cold.. think I will shoot for the following days..but i'm going to try somewhere.. THANK YOU OMAMACARE! ..JUST KIDDING ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.