New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095940 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
KB I know the feeling thankfully my basement stayed dry this time always pray the electric power stays on so the sump pump can do it's job. I've been flooded a few times over the years.
Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
here you guys go!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E6HFUtymKOs?feature=player_detailpage

I seen you had posted recently and reminded of your video, had to watch again. Awesome fish, congrats again!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I seen you had posted recently and reminded of your video, had to watch again. Awesome fish, congrats again!

Haha thanks! I watched it again a few weeks ago also, still can't figure out how I didn't loose her. I check the site on and off in the warm season.... my cousin is currently working on the taxidermy of the fish so once I get that back I'll post some pictures of it

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
On days like today with high himidity and temps, that I dream of ice.  On the lake and in my glass
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Looking forward to the mount pics.

Whether it is hot, humid, chilly or down right cold, usually my mind drifts to the subject of ice fishing from time to time...  ;)
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
WHAT?? ICE??? WHERE??? IM IN!!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good to see some off season activity in the New York community/forum. Summer is surely here with the near ninety temps. and humidity. Looking forward to seeing the finished mount Loudmouth give yourself credit you did a great job playing the fish . Thankfully the hook set was in a corner of the mouth and your leader stayed clear of the teeth.
  As always stay safe on the water everyone ice season will be here before to long.
Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well i must say the roundout res has been pretty nice this year. broke the 10 mark with a 11 lb 8 oz laker. second fish, 1st was a 8 lb 2 oz laker! i was off the water that day at 9:00 am. also getting some fun playing chess with the browns. i checkmated 2 browns today...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
only went out once this year open water and this was the result

gotta keep the freezer filled

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice catch. I hit the spawn and had a few days like that too. Gotta love it.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice catch. I hit the spawn and had a few days like that too. Gotta love it.

They weren't spawning tho water temp was in the 60's.... I want to know what it would be like if I did hit the spawn

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's wild. I limited out in a matter of 90 minutes. 

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Quick update on my mount.... spoke to my cousin (doing the taxidermy on my muskie) he said he'll probably have it done for winter..... He has some deer head to do and a couple bears. He also said he's going to take his time since he want's to do it right the first time!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth just like you we will all have to wait and see the finished mount. While it will not be easy that is what you want in a taxidermist someone who takes their time to do the best job they can for you,with the video of the catch and mount you will have memories of a great fish and day on the ice.
Steve

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you for the reply Loud mouth. I maybe wrong but Greenwood Lake is only stocked with hybrid Tiger musky/Norlunge to my knowledge. Also heard you mentioning walleyes on your video are they in both lakes or just Upper Greenwood? Have you purchased a lip grip device or gaff since catching the musky? So you will be ready for the next big fish.

Steve

After doing some research tonight I was wrong about greenwood lake not being stocked with Tiger Muskies..... NJ does stock tiger muskies and normal muskies..... from what I can tell NY only stocks trout in GWL.... So they are in there

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth thank you for the information. I will have to go back through this thread I know someone posted an access spot for Greenwood lake this past season don't think I wrote it down know it is by some park. I may also see what New Jersey charges for nonresident license.
Steve

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So this year just keeps getting better got a hole in one today while playing golf 1 day prior to 6 months since catching the muskie! Wonder what's going to happen next!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok    start playin the lotto!!!   

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hope your luck stays with you. :tipup: :icefish:

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Powerball $425 million.....enough to pay for that mount with some left over
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
http://www.hvsos.com/exhibitors.html      I know we don't get a lot of outdoor shows but kick across this     
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Just stopping by Ladies and Gents ! LOTS of big things in store for the upcoming season.....Hope to see most of you at some point in time ! 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Topher good to hear from you I hope all is well with and your family. Your daughter must be getting big if my memory is correct she is three or four already take care hope to see you some time this ice season.
Steve

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just stopping by Ladies and Gents ! LOTS of big things in store for the upcoming season.....Hope to see most of you at some point in time !
placed my order through my brother toxicfisher  after seeing his rods and playing with them I know what I'm running from here on out ......  ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
placed my order through my brother toxicfisher  after seeing his rods and playing with them I know what I'm running from here on out ......  ;D

It's on the dryer with topcoat of epoxy as we speak....

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
It's on the dryer with topcoat of epoxy as we speak....
awesome can't wait !!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
ICEBALLS is In Da House !!!  HiYa guys.... just stopping bye to say Hello.  Got Ice Fever already!!   Having a great
Summer with my new (Used) Pop-Up camper and spending entirely too much time out in the ocean.  Been a fantastic year for HUGE Sea Bass, Porgys, Stripers, Fluke.  Looking forward to some innings with the Mahi-Mahi and Bluefin Tuna for the next 90 days.
Gotta get down in my garage and start sorting out the ice gear........ never too soon!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
IceBalls nice to hear from you ,sounds like you had a great open water season.
Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I was reading some recent posts on other threads concerning a meet and greet/get together .I was wondering if others in Southeast NY would have an intrest in this type of gathering .Myself i was thinking November (date unknown) in the Middletown NY area as it has easy access I84/ RT17(I86).The Gander Mountain ,Dicks sporting goods as well as Thurway sporting goods  should be stocked with ice fishing gear . I know we tried a meet on Huntington last season but did not attend . I believe it went well.  I made a New post to discuss this .

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was reading some recent posts on other threads concerning a meet and greet/get together .I was wondering if others in Southeast NY would have an intrest in this type of gathering .Myself i was thinking November (date unknown) in the Middletown NY area as it has easy access I84/ RT17(I86).The Gander Mountain ,Dicks sporting goods as well as Thurway sporting goods  should be stocked with ice fishing gear . I know we tried a meet on Huntington last season but did not attend . I believe it went well.  I made a New post to discuss this .

November?!? I'll be in the woods filling tags!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.