New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096028 times)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Everyone needs  to play nice on here. Just a reminder, reports and conditions should only be reported on the R&C boards. False reports can and will result in a member being moderated and/or banned.

adkRoy

Thread being re-opened but the above warning still applies!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Adk Roy my thanks to you and all others for cleaning up and restoring this thread. I will do my best to only report ice conditions and my successes /failure-bad days in the proper community. I think this happens with a lot of the BS threads.
  Once again a big thank you to you and all the others Mods. I know we do not make your job easy.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Now that we are getting into soft water season, does anyone else chase perch and crappie via a boat or shore? 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Kb I fish mostly from shore since not owning a boat and also suffering from motion sickness. Even on fresh water and windy day and choppy water would give me problems.

Folks Ice Balls and I exchanged a couple private messages over the recent closing of this now restored thread. He invited me down to Long Island for some salt water charter boat fishing. I thanked him and declined do to my sea/motion sickness problems. I proposed to him and now the rest of you having a summer gathering of SENY Ice Shanty members either fish and picnic some where or just meet at a restaurant/tavern and eat, drink , BS, etc.  I suggest a place called Rhodes Tavern on rte.17 northbound in Sloatsburg as a possible location.This is near Harriman State Park so we could fish then go over and eat . I'm open to all suggestions/ideas and know some county/town parks have covered pavilions they rent out to groups for a day .Many ban alcohol though because of problems with behavior. Give this some some thought and respond back here or by private message. I post this idea over on MFF in a week or so as many members are switching to that website with the approaching open water season.  Stay safe everyone and enjoy your spring ,summer and fall fishing.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would definitely be interested in a get together. My Work schedule gets kind of screwy during the summertime, so I'd have to wing it

Offline Doitnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Adk Roy my thanks to you and all others for cleaning up and restoring this thread. I will do my best to only report ice conditions and my successes /failure-bad days in the proper community. I think this happens with a lot of the BS threads.
  Once again a big thank you to you and all the others Mods. I know we do not make your job easy.
Steve
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
To all you SOUTHERN NY anglers who missed the get together on Huntington .........

Steve (Mr. Clean) has a great idea here for us to fish & party together this Summer..............

Get in touch with him NOW if you're interested so he will have time to make the necessary arrangements.

STEVE:  Call on me anytime if you need help in setting this thing up.     Rodger

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Ice Balls /Roger thank you for your support, I will start a thread on the summer gathering over on MYFishFinder on Sat. Or Sun. The restaurant/tavern mentioned in my previous post is just a suggestion I picked it because of it's location on a major highway also Has an NJ. Transit rail line near by and a little shorter trip for people like Rodger and The Russian Bear. I'm open to other suggestions also thinking about Lake Superior State Park in Sullivan county. If anyone has info. on how you get permits for your boat to Harriman State Park Lakes contact me I think you have to have the boat and PFD's inspected. Also not sure if there is a time window in which you have to do this for example April -June . I believe you can only use row boats and canoes trolling motors alright no gas motors.
  If this sounds like a good time to you post here or private message me . I will cleanout the few message I have listed in my inbox.
Steve

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Got out locally today wind was brutal and fishing wasn't great. But hey being out there was awesome , holes gota lil sloppy toward the end of the day . Giving it another try tomorrow ,better weather is predicted .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
uh oh, R&C R&C !

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict

got out for the last time friday with a buddy of mine......fresh fish for dinner tonight with friends.... the best....
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice assortment. 

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WOW.... Bullheads...throuugh the ice!!!  Never saw that before.....what were they biting on??

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
                                                                                      May be the last hoorah for 2013
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
the bullheads were caught on nightwalkers & tip-ups  cold water good eating iceballs ...I target them a nice fillet on them...I ate them for dinner tonight...
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last bullhead I had, I BBQed over an open fire while camping.  Delicious.

I jigged a small one up on Boyds a few years ago on a small pimple.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I gotta try that.....we used to catch Bullheads in a small lake in The Bronx when I was a kid.  We'd build a fire and cook them on sticks.....eat them right there.  Delicious !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Deweyicefish great way to close out your ice season . I have never targeted Bullheads but have caught a couple on minnows fished on tipups. Hardwater diehard beautiful color on the fins of those perch .
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just for everyones information I posted my idea for the summer gathering over on MYFishFinder . I will give it a couple weeks time and see how much if any interest there is and proceed from that point. Also later today I will post some information I received in a pm about registering boats at Harriman and Sterling Forest State Parks.
Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I caught 1 of the bullheads while jigging it was a surprise to me & they are good eating...mr clean I may come to summer party if I can.
images.jpeg

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Everyone here is some information about boat permits for Harriman and Sterling forest state parks from member 4Everlaker. You can obtain the permits any time between April through November. Some lakes only have a limited number of gate keys given out. You need to have life vests/pfd for the total number of people listed on the boat spec. tag/label. Island Pond will not be open to boats to June this year. To get more details call the phone number posted below it is for the Lake Tiorotti office in Harriman state park.

Lake Tiorotti office (HSP)    (845)-351-2568

Dewyicefish I will add your name to the list of people who have expressed an interest in a summer gathering.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Kb and 4everlaker thank you for posting the information regarding Palisades interstate park system pdf . This should help out a lot of fellow members.
Steve

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I gotta try that.....we used to catch Bullheads in a small lake in The Bronx when I was a kid.  We'd build a fire and cook them on sticks.....eat them right there.  Delicious !!
Iceballs.... reuse your dead or used bait for bullhead. We will just put them on the bottom. Just like in the Summer, the bite is usually hot til about 10 PM.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Also, the ones you catch will be the larger ones that are the BOW's breeders.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just wanted to update everyone on my idea for a summer gathering. To date I have heard from three members who are interested in some type of gathering. I also posted this on MFF so if anyone is interrested please post here or private message me by April twentieth. I would like to have something arranged by early May, working in retail the more advanced notice I give my employer the better chances of my getting time off.(July also starts vacation period where I work) After the twentieth I will post here and on MFF if there is a lot of interest or contact those members who expressed interest if numbers are small. So we can work out details and make this happen, stay safe and enjoy the open water.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Since my last post about possibly having a summer gathering I have not received any private messages from members expressing interest. At this point I will be contacting the few members who responded and see what we can work out.
 Enjoy your spring and summer everyone , stay safe.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings to any SENY members who check into the website during the off ice fishing season. I hope everyone is fine and has not suffered any damage/problems from post tropical storm Andrea.  Open water fishing will be affected with all this rain. Hopefully areas damaged by hurricane Sandy do not see further damage.
 Take care ,stay safe and good fishing.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
With all this rain, the only traveling that's involved to get to water, is going into the basement.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.