New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095869 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
welcome to the shanty agentx!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome and thanks for that great info. Anyone have an ice check on Greenwood lake

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wawayanda lk in Vernon NJ near Warwick NY had 10 inches of ice sat 2/23. Don't know about GWL.

Offline agentx

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys, was with a friend who still lives in GWL.  Says that guys are still fishing today.  I went out on Friday on small pond near Port Jervis and jigged up the biggest perch of my life 15" over 2 lbs  I have pics but cant figure how to post from Iphone. Glad to post if anyone can help out.

Offline agentx

• IceShanty Rookie
I think I figured it out? 

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
nice perch
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline crazyhockeydad

• IceShanty Rookie
Wow nice perch. did you C&R or take it home?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Agentx welcome to Ice Shanty. Thank you for the information on Greenwood Lake. Congrats on the perch a true jumbo.
Steve

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went to Walton yesterday. 4-6 inches ice, very soft on top. 3 flags and no fish all day. 4 other guys out there as well with same results

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Nice night of late season crappie last night. The bite was on but the wind was harsh . This is the time of year to be out there. Thanx to my fishing' buddy Wolfpak
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Very nice. Congrats.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline agentx

• IceShanty Rookie
Hockeydad, Fish is alive and well. Released after several hrs in a cooler of water.  Thought she was bigger till I looked up NY record of 3.5 lbs.  Anyway, I didn't feel like filleting just 1 fish.  Thanks for the comments and Good Luck before ice out fellas.

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Good times Hardwater, hope the ice holds so we can hit em again.
👮👮👮

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Spent the day on Lake Gleneida with "Troutman59" (Corey) looking for Lake Trout.  Didn't find any !!  Drilled at least 40 holes and checked all with my LX5...... no fish to be seen.  Had tip ups out all day and jigged our brains out, to no avail.
The day was beautiful, had 6-1/2" of good ice.  Saw about two dozen other guys out there, all reporting "no fish" as they passed us on their way off the ice. 

Glad to see there's still so much ice on a deep body of water like gleneida !!

Offline 4everlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Hearing someone went through on Blue Lake Sterling Forest yesterday.  Guy got himself out.   

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
anyone know if there is any ice left on glenmere or winding hills park?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
glenmere 3 inches..... after this rain storm tomorrow there will be no ice anywhere

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

onice2013

glenmere 3 inches..... after this rain storm tomorrow there will be no ice anywhere
  I guess after this warm rain, there won't be nowhere in the lower ny regions safe enough to ice fish. I would recommend heading much further north if looking to ice fish this weekend.  Don't forget to wear safety ice spikes and other safety equipment. Soon it is back to open water forum,  just too much global warming weather  ::) 

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
URGENT !!!   NEED ICE REPORT FOR LAKE HUNTINGTON IN SULLIVAN COUNTY !!

Anyone living near Lake Huntington .....  We urgently need a current ice thickness report for this coming weekend.  If the ice is not at least 6" we will hve to consider cancelling the March 2 Get-Together !!!   

If you live in the area....;;please try to check out the lake on Thursday or Friday and report back here !!

Thank YOu

Offline agentx

• IceShanty Rookie
Just read an article from Bloomingdale, NJ.  2 guys went in today and only 1 made it out.  1 guy from Ringwood, the other from West Milford. Private Lake Iosco.  Sad to see.  Be safe guys, a few fish aren't worth a chance.

onice2013

Iceballs, there should be enough ice up there, I think the storm won't hurt 12 inches of ice ::)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We maybe getting down to the last weekend on some lakes down here

onice2013

Just read an article from Bloomingdale, NJ.  2 guys went in today and only 1 made it out.  1 guy from Ringwood, the other from West Milford. Private Lake Iosco.  Sad to see.  Be safe guys, a few fish aren't worth a chance.
that is very sad news. It certainly is not worth the risk! Even with all safety gear. The winters are not as cold as they were many years ago. And now we too must remind each other too many warm days ,especially with wet heavy rain forecasts, to heed those warning signs for unsafe conditions.  Water and collapsing ice along the shores is definitely the main indicator to stay off the ice. be safe

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
good in a sense i want to shore fish now!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NEVER!!!!!   Id ice fish all year if I could.  (Although I do like to fish for blues and stripers from my yak).

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
NEVER!!!!!   Id ice fish all year if I could.  (Although I do like to fish for blues and stripers from my yak).
I know...........but that would be impossible to ice fish all year unless your fishing in the north pole!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Find a happy place.....find a happy place....find a happy place......

Offline Doitnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
x2

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Iceballs, there should be enough ice up there, I think the storm won't hurt 12 inches of ice ::)

We've been fishing up in that area as recent as last week but don't think ANY lake had 12" of ice.  The most we found was about 7-8".  The last couple of days of 45 - 50 degree weather, plus tomorrows expected "soakibng" rain could have a really bad impact on the remaining ice.

At any rate.....Why Take Chances???   It's best to have someone who's up there give us a first hand report!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
all I know is I hope the ice goes out quick so I can catch bucket loads of perch from the boat to fill the freezer which I wasn't able to do during the ice season

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.