New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095940 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>

LM nice musky !  :clap:

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
LM nice musky !  :clap:

TY it's bigger than the one I caught last year wish the musky category was still in the tourny lol

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sweet Musky LM!!! :flex:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
A Greenwood Pig LM, nice.

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
wow your background is soo blurry with the muskie you should clear it up for us. a musky is on my to do list especially cause i live 15 mins from greenwood lake i just dont know the ins and outs of how to catch one. would really like to have a good fight like that. but great fish man

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wow your background is soo blurry with the muskie you should clear it up for us. a musky is on my to do list especially cause i live 15 mins from greenwood lake i just dont know the ins and outs of how to catch one. would really like to have a good fight like that. but great fish man

:nono: I would love to clear it up but then I'd have to kill everyone  ;)2 :whistle: but I just got lucky it didn't break my perch rig when it decided to hit the one tip-up that didn't have steel on

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
lol or you can just give me gps coordinates or a map to your spots if thats easier  ;D

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
was going to post pics of a mixed bag  perch gills & crappies I caught today ... but LM  muskie could eat them for lunch ... awsome fish LM  :clap:  :thumbsup:
images.jpeg

onice2013

Mike is "the musky master" ;D holly cow , watching him take his time  (what was it Mike 45 minutes or whatever) you did awesome hand lining that cow ;D got those pics, just need time to email them to you to show the 40 pics or so I took of that circling the hole lol.. very impressive trophy my man!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Mike is "the musky master"

Well done LM!!!!
It is what it is....

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
nice fish ::) :tipup:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
some of the pics onice2013 took for me

Offline IceRaider

• Team IceShanty Regular
My god. Nice Muskie!  :o

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What a pig! Congrats man! Did you keep her or C&R??? Just curious I've never eaten muskie before lol.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Iceboy..I was on Laurel Meadow North,still around 7-8" thick...the only thing open that is flagged..tons of Gills and Pickerel. Is fine for me..I hope to get up north this weekend.
I was there today lol. Caught 5 pickerel and a few gills. Nothing worth writing home about though lol. There was two other guys out there and looks like they were getting about the same. Was a good day to be on the ice at least.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

onice2013

Very impressive pics ;D It was truly an honor to be there. I actually learned quite a lot watching LM bring that trophy out on the hole ;D

onice2013

After LM left with the fish, I started setting my tipups, the second went up setting the third (about 4 minutes getting the third set up ) It was a runner. lifted to set, didn't feel but a tug, whatever it was cut my 8lb flouro  so I guess it was a toothy.. I didn't get nothing both tips and jig after that which was around noon time,, didn't see much happening with the others setting up around the area either.. it went slack after LM left lol

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What a pig! Congrats man! Did you keep her or C&R??? Just curious I've never eaten muskie before lol.

i did not c&r... i always said bigger than 40" its going on the wall.... this one was fat too 22" girth so on the wall it is going

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings, Hole Hawg glad to see your recovery is progressing nicely. Jimmy Claude good to see you posting again in this thread. You may be a busy man if the weather forecast is correct. Loud Mouth congratulations on your trophy musky, Look forward to seeing the finished mount. Is any of the video On ice shot posted here on Ice Shanty?
   I was in the White Lake area of Sullivan county yesterday there were a few people fishing the rt.17b side of the lake. I was looking forward to fishing with all of you on March 2 but recent events in my personal life have made the trip not possible. My family has owned a bungalow type cabin in the Town of Bethel since the early 1960's . The storm on the night of Jan.30 brought down a large pine Tree onto part of the cabin. I met with the person who does damage inspection looks like due to the age of structure(1932) and construction methods used that it will be a total loss and have to be demolished. My mom is taking the news pretty hard lots of good memories. I have already taken off three days from work because of this incident and can not afford to miss to much more work days .I may have to use some of my vacation time.
      I hope the weather cooperates and the gathering can occur look forward to seeing the pictures.

Steve

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
I have a couple of questions which is better a vexilar or marcum & where could i find out about ice condition any information is greatly appreciated
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             jef

onice2013

i did not c&r... i always said bigger than 40" its going on the wall.... this one was fat too 22" girth so on the wall it is going
Notice the red on the pectoral fins in the photo you lifting it out,,and the head shot should also  help  the tax man air brushes using those pics. WTG Mike! That is an amazing catch. Gilled at the hole without  gaff too ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loud Mouth congratulations on your trophy musky, Look forward to seeing the finished mount. Is any of the video On ice shot posted here on Ice Shanty?

no it is not.... depending on what the video is like I would rather keep it off shanty because depending if the background is in it or not you could easily tell the spot where i was fishing!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
A great night of Crappie fishing with my buddy Hardwater Diehard. The one in my right hand is a 2lbs 14.25" personal best.

👮👮👮

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Great fish Loudmouth!!!
👮👮👮

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Since some of you guys want to see the video... I took the 40 min. video I had and edited it down to 12 min. Should be up around 4 I'll post the link here

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Very nice fish Loudmouth. Congratulations.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Jef post two more times and you will be able to access the reports& conditions community page for New York and other areas that have such a page. Also you will have use of the personal message feature it is like email. Welcome to the Ice Shanty family.
   Loud mouth I understand your feelings thank you for editing the video so you can post part of it here on Ice Shanty. Wolfpak congrats on the crappies.

Steve

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
A great night of Crappie fishing with my buddy Hardwater Diehard. The one in my right hand is a 2lbs 14.25" personal best

NICE!!! Congrats WP! Crappies are the best...
It is what it is....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I love crappie fishing. If you would like some company, pm me
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

Nice fry pan size crappies  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com