New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095902 times)

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello All!!!

I must say you guys have a nice site here and a great bunch of guys as well, I have been lurking the site since the beginning of the year in hopes of ice on the southern NYC reservoirs and trying to digest as much info as I can in hopes of ice fishing for the first time !!! and now with ice on most of the reseroirs I am stoked :) good luck fellas !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Welcome to the site reservoirdog .... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hello All!!!

I must say you guys have a nice site here and a great bunch of guys as well, I have been lurking the site since the beginning of the year in hopes of ice on the southern NYC reservoirs and trying to digest as much info as I can in hopes of ice fishing for the first time !!! and now with ice on most of the reseroirs I am stoked :) good luck fellas !!!

Hmmm.....Reservoir Dog, eh? That sounds vaguely familiar! I know a guy with a similar name, trolling machine, catches boat loads of trout!  ;D

What's up Bro? Glad you finally made it and crossed over into the Ice Zone! Welcome aboard my Friend!

MK

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to the site reservoirdog .... ;D

Thanks !!!

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Hmmm.....Reservoir Dog, eh? That sounds vaguely familiar! I know a guy with a similar name, trolling machine, catches boat loads of trout!  ;D

What's up Bro? Glad you finally made it and crossed over into the Ice Zone! Welcome aboard my Friend!

MK

Thanks Jager ,

I know I made the switch and crossed over and slipped and now I cant get up LOL!!!
How are you doing its been a while maybe we can go out and finish that schooling on hard water LOL!!!!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
RD, sent you a PM!

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Got it sent you one back ! ;D ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hello All!!!

I must say you guys have a nice site ;D ;D here and a great bunch of guys as well, I have been lurking the site since the beginning of the year in hopes of ice on the southern NYC reservoirs and trying to digest as much info as I can in hopes of ice fishing for the first time !!! and now with ice on most of the reseroirs I am stoked :) good luck fellas !!!
welcome to an addiction my friend. Once you start its impossible to stop!

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
welcome to an addiction my friend. Once you start its impossible to stop!

Thanks Ice Boy ,

I know I have ye tto hit the ice and spent a weeks paycheck !!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
RD, I have several laker ice rods that Big Willy made for me to try as prototypes.  Gonna set one aside for you.  It's a real beauty with awesome action! Caught a few lakers with it and I think you'll like it! Got some lures for you too! Variations of the jigging bombs we used on Kensico!

MK

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
shiner5 will not be on Ice shanty he has been banned just like the other names he has used in the past like
semperfi ,  upjon & now shiner5 . He can keep registering & we'll keep banning him.

I suppose that by my age (70) I would have learned to keep my big mouth shut, but ......NOT !!  So here goes......  I don't understand the ban on SemperFi.........  I met him last season and spent most of the day fishing with him.  He seemed like a perfect gentleman to me and was very knowledgable about the Sullivan County lakes we fish.  If he did anything here to be banned for....I never saw it !!   
Shawn....if you don't want to re-hash this matter in public, then please PM me so that at least I will know what's going on!  As of right this minute, I'll fish with him any day !!!

Rodger

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
RD, I have several laker ice rods that Big Willy made for me to try as prototypes.  Gonna set one aside for you.  It's a real beauty with awesome action! Caught a few lakers with it and I think you'll like it! Got some lures for you too! Variations of the jigging bombs we used on Kensico!

MK

Sounds great Jager , I would love some more rods to try out , the ones he made me last year worked out great !!! And those bombs are hard to come by cant wait !!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Old Hunter Road thank you for the update on Harriman State park will have to call their and Sterling Forest on Thursday and see what is  open. I hope to get out for a few hours this Friday .
   Ice Balls I believe you meant to post the baitshop in Barryville,NY. is on rt.97 not rt.94 .

Reservoirdog welcome to Ice shanty pull up a bucket an join the S.E.NY. crowd  ,Jager61 and his buddy Bcshanty seem to be in the know on where to find the trout in NYC reservoirs .

Steve

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Is Kensico locked up to fish? I want to get out there baddddd. RD, jager

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Not allowed to Ice fish Kensico  :'(.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Is Kensico locked up to fish? I want to get out there baddddd. RD, jager

Hey Flounder

Kensico is not locked up entirely !!!!! There is plenty of water on the main part of the Lake , but like JFishy stated no ice fishing allowed on the BigK..

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Iceballs; I have also met & fished with semperfi. He is a very nice guy and helpfull. He know the monticello are very well being he is a realestate agent. He knows what lakes are private & what lakes are public . Hopefully things get worked out & they allow him back on ice shanty. I to would fish with him any day. Walt

Offline Tanimal85

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone know of the conditions for Morgan or Sylvan Lakes?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to ice fish and he'll sit on the ice and drink beer all weekend.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Anyone know of the conditions for Morgan or Sylvan Lakes?

Ditto.......  I want to hit Sylvan also.

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
Thanks Steve . I drove to the 7 lakes after work today and RED FLAGS up on all the lakes. It was open for one day Jesus our luck. Tonight they are calling for 1-2 inches of rain that will cause damage. I will drive back to the lakes after work on Friday and post another update.

Anthony
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

onice2013

Iceballs; I have also met & fished with semperfi. He is a very nice guy and helpfull. He know the monticello are very well being he is a realestate agent. He knows what lakes are private & what lakes are public . Hopefully things get worked out & they allow him back on ice shanty. I to would fish with him any day. Walt
Not sure who he was or is in person or who has fished with him, all I know is if ANY here posted the same things he did here that were removed by the moderator, they would also be banned. I have not a problem meeting this guy from Monticello,, give me his place and name! I asked to meet him anywhere anytime. ;D

onice2013

Anyway, be careful after all the rain, the waters edge around the shorelines will likely be open on many that were solid yesterday. I wouldn't recommend jumping on ice this weekend if there is water.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
There's also a nice bait shop in Barryville, NY right on Route 94.  For anyone fishing Highland Lake, Superior, The Delaware Riv., this shop is very convenient.  Ownrs name is Harry.
Yes, it's a very nice adequate sport shop.  He also has his firearms license and can get just about any kind of gun you want.  Anything hunting/fishing, if he doesn't have it, he can get it.  It's St Rt 97 Barryville, NY 12719.  It's right next to the Spring House.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
was going to go to a secluded pond today but turns out it's not so secluded the place was packed so turned around and went to greenwood found 6 inches of ice and ended up with 5 perch

(Image removed from quote.)

Where do you park on greenwood?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Where do you park on greenwood?

we parked at the park on the north end

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
OldHunter Road I always try to call ahead before heading to Harriman State park or Sterling Forest . They are so fickle about ice conditions that I do not attempt to ice fish either park on a regular basis. We can only hope for an extended period of cold weather so maybe they will let us out  to fish.
   Loudmouth thank you for giving out your access /parking spot on Greenwood Lake .

Steve

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
I got home from work at 4;00 AM this morning & it was raining like crazy. They said we were supposed to get a inch of rain last night & i think we got more than that. You have all that rain running into the lake wearing the edges & the top of the ice away then you have it being worn away with all of the water running out of the lake making the ice honey cone. Anyone thinking about going in the next couple of days Please think twice about it. The fish will still be there in a couple of days but you might not be. You are putting your life & other peoples lives on the line. Its 59 degrees out . Be Carefull ! Walt

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm off to Paradox Lake with the gang today. lots off ice, and adult beverages!!! see you all sunday! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
I got home from work at 4;00 AM this morning & it was raining like crazy. They said we were supposed to get a inch of rain last night & i think we got more than that. You have all that rain running into the lake wearing the edges & the top of the ice away then you have it being worn away with all of the water running out of the lake making the ice honey cone. Anyone thinking about going in the next couple of days Please think twice about it. The fish will still be there in a couple of days but you might not be. You are putting your life & other peoples lives on the line. Its 59 degrees out . Be Carefull ! Walt

Good advice Walt.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Not gonna be much safe Ice down our way this weekend  :'(.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.