New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095840 times)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Bro! 4" good solid black ice! Lots of chasers this am! Fun!

Mike

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Beautiful Brown. Nice to see the Laker as well. Congrats. Been fishing Mohegan 6+" of good Ice for a mix of Whites/Yellows and Crappies all jigging. Looking to get on F.D.R. by next weekend  ;D.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Way to go Mike... :clap: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
this snow and warmer weather should not bother the ice much,its been cold around hear,going fishing tomarrow,

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody want to meet anywhere this week pm me..  ;D Hey lone wolf, thanks for the tourney update and the TOS thing with upjon I , bc that looks like a 24 inch 5lber?  Warm up is forecasted so people please keep that in mind and be extra careful on ice the  few warm days ahead. So far so good, would be on ice this am but have a few business matters to attend, than i'm breaking for  local ice  :tipup:
It was actually 23ins and just over 5 1/2lbs 

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Congrats BC , I'd love to pull one like that thru the ice..

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Congrats BC , I'd love to pull one like that thru the ice..
Thanks

onice2013

Kevin well done, nice male too, see the hook on te lower and little on the top jaw. Make some nice steaks and enjoy. btw, wtg once again ;D

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Great fish's JAGER61 WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We fished Highland Lake this past weekend only 10 keeper perch each day but nothing like that. WAY TO GO!!!!!!
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
nice laker mike awesome
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Well went to get bait today to fish tomorrow and it seems nobody has bait.... dang tournaments... but gave Tom's bait a call and he had em so took a trip there and picked up some bait! A simple thing turned into a project lol. Thanks to those posting the info on Tom's bait. Will be fishing greenwood lake tomorrow

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Went out to some local spots today. Caught a few dink perch and about a dozen bluegills. Ice was around 4 inches on small pond and 6+ on the lake. Feels good to get out today. Hope that this rain and warm weather doesn't screw things up.   :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

onice2013

iceboy good for you! I hope wed rain doesn't take too much ice but the warm spell  SHOULD pass before weeks end.. Just be extra careful and keep checking here and when you are on the ice :tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just checking in to see what everyone has been up to, Jager 61 congrats on the laker one nice fish.  Loudmouth I do not think the lack of bait fish is solely from tournaments. The recent colder weather got people out on the lakes. Dewey Fish's photo in the Times Herald record also caused a lot of people to break out there gear. We all have to remember except for the various report and conditions communites -Militia community every thing posted is viewable by everyone who comes across this website. I personally have told many people about this website. Glad Tom's had bait in stock , good fishing on Greenwood.

Steve

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm not sure where you are departing from but I found this baitshop near the mouth of the Mongap River. The # 845-856-0741, they open up @ 5 am & they also cut & smoke fish or deer. It may be a 5 minute ride from the mouth & the owners seemed to be nice and helpful.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                                 nice laker jager61   great day when you get a nice fish like that...
images.jpeg

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! It's nice not to have to travel up to the Adks all the time for lakers. When the reservoirs down here have safe ice, the trout fishing, in my opinion, rivals that of the bigger and more popular upstate lakes (except Otsego)!

Best of luck-Mike

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Stealhead71 thank you for the bait shop info. from the phone number I Believe that is the Port Jervis,NY. area. Just did a search on Yellow Pages.com establishment is called The Bait Shop 26 Caskey,Rd. Glen Spey,NY. 12737  . Looks like it may be in a mini  mall three businesses found with same street address.

Steve

Offline shiner5

• IceShanty Rookie
hello,,to all,,new guy here,,looks like a great learning site,this will be my 2nd year ice fishing

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                 welcome to the shantie shiner5 alot of good info on here...
images.jpeg

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
welcome shiner5! pull up a bucket and enjoy!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome shiner5! If you have any questions all of us would be happy to answer them as best we can! Hope to see you out there.  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
hello,,to all,,new guy here,,looks like a great learning site,this will be my 2nd year ice fishing

welcome aboard shiner....any questions, feel free to ask...

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer

shiner5 will not be on Ice shanty he has been banned just like the other names he has used in the past like
semperfi ,  upjon & now shiner5 . He can keep registering & we'll keep banning him.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                 why is shiner5 banned from the shantie?
images.jpeg

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
fished a local farm pond for three hours early Sunday morning. Small shiners hooked with thin wire aberdeens behind the dorsal on tipups landed a mess of yp and a small bass.  All tip ups set 1 1/2' off the bottom. They all went back to swim another day. I've had a pretty good season numberwise but no picture fish so far.

Most of the lakes in our area have plenty of ice so hop in your vehicle, explore some new lakes and fish. Enough talk about PIP lakes. Year after year. I see it as a bonus if any open up.

Happy fishing shiner, upjohn.....nothing wrong with speaking your mind. your right, this place is not a daily diary

How's holehawg doing btw?

Any regulars heading out Saturday?

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
Hi everyone I just called Lake Tiorati 845-351-2568 and they opened up Silvermine, Lake Tiorati, Lake Askoti, and Lake Skanatati. I don't know how the thick the ice is, but with the rain coming tomorrow, I would call them on Thursday to make sure they are still open. I'm going to fish Tiorati on Saturday if all goes well.

Be safe and good luck all !

Anthony
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
shiner5 will not be on Ice shanty he has been banned just like the other names he has used in the past like
semperfi ,  upjon & now shiner5 . He can keep registering & we'll keep banning him.
Sneaky, Sneaky :o :o :nono:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
There's also a nice bait shop in Barryville, NY right on Route 94.  For anyone fishing Highland Lake, Superior, The Delaware Riv., this shop is very convenient.  Ownrs name is Harry.

onice2013

It was tough out on Glenmere today, ice was okay 6 to 8 inches still but tomorrow will be too risky with this forecast. released  one small 6 inch chub. Shiner5 I guess I kinda know how you feel ::). Just wait a year and learn to be a better person in 2014 ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.