New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095842 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
was on a Sullivan water today. morning bite was good on the jigs with waxxies but around 10-11 they shut off! alot of fish came and stared. ended up with 5 gills and 5 perch kept. lost count of bass and pickerel on tip-ups and jigs. all in all it was a good day but slow. i forgot the spikes and didnt think to try a minnow head till late. got my biggest perch today on it, 14 1/2''
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
walton finnally refroze over with this cold spell. the half closer to monroe is black ice the other half is white. not sure of thickness but the white side has been frozen over for a lil while. the black ice was open in beginning of week

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
OHHH YEAH    THE ICE WAS 10-12''...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
At work, just wishing I was fishing.....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

I decide to wait and go on a few estimates this saturday am, and try the pm bite , but just jigging, going light and will use the empty am.  pre drilled holes .. At least Today I can get two birds with one stone, free estimates but at least they are on rt. for fishing ;D Tomorrow I might get up early too. I want to squeeze in as much ice fishing as I can before 50 degree rainy weather returns ::)

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went out to 2 lakes one in ulster 10-12" ice and  morgan pond in poughkeepsie. Morgan had only 3-4.5" and I would exercise some caution as there are a few weak spots around the edges as well as some spider webbed holes.  Only caught around a half dozen gills/pumpkinseeds nothing big.

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
FYI  Checked walton and round lake lastnite.  Walton was mostly crystal clear black ice. measured up top 6 inches in very shallow areas and once i started getting deep 2.5-3 inches. Shouldnt be long before its all safe

Round lake to the left of the island had open water for some reason. the area near the boat launch was anywhere from 5-7 nothing below that. were acouple ppl on it yesterday. 1 fish 1 flag all day

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Those of you who fished the tournament at Glenmere today how'd you do?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My buddy just called me and told me he saw guys out on quads on schwardout( i think that's how you spell it) in Congers. Either there is decent ice or these guys are just nuts  ??? I'm hoping there's decent ice. Would like to get out before it warms up on Tuesday

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                             I was at at sacandaga today for the walleye challange... no walleye for me .
                                             I did manage 1 nice perch out of the dead sea ... A nice day on the ice good
                                             food & friends...
images.jpeg

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Those of you who fished the tournament at Glenmere today how'd you do?
well......caught three small pickerel and a small 10 inch crappie. i knew they were all towards the small end of the fish for glenmere so i didn't even bother. most of the fish were caught early morning. then the bite just stopped. After the tournament was over i walked around glenmere and found a huge pressure crack towards the swamp end side! will post links to pics shortly.

onice2013

I got there when there was a hundred people there about 1pm.. I stayed till about 6pm, moon was full..took three panfish jigging, released a small lgb. all on a  tiny glow Swedish pimple. ice was around 8 inches

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I got there when there was a hundred people there about 1pm.. I stayed till about 6pm, moon was full..took three panfish jigging, released a small lgb. all on a  tiny glow Swedish pimple. ice was around 8 inches
at glenmere?

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
here is a small crappie i caught today. The first time actually catching one bigger than 4 inches threw the ice! https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/408417_3879002308298_1720752955_n.jpg

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if you put [img.] in front of the link and [/img.] at the end (without the periods) the photo will post so we don't have to click the links!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
if you put [img.] in front of the link and [/img.] at the end (without the periods) the photo will post so we don't have to click the links!
let me try that

onice2013

at glenmere?
yeah joe, I guess it was around 8 inches looking at it,  Why you put a ruler to it?

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
yeah joe, I guess it was around 8 inches looking at it,  Why you put a ruler to it?
it was about 7   7 and a half

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
and if you want to make them smaller after the first img you can put width=400 or any other number as long as it's in the brackets! as well as length=# for those that are horizontal 

onice2013

I could have measured it with my ruler tape but it was well over 6 inches and that is about right 7  to 8 inches, more than enough for all those groups and quads.. i took pictures too. will try posting them after I finish thawing and filleting these three i kept. one 12 in. one 11 in. and kept a bluegill. was trying into the dark trying to catch a crappie or two. it got cold when the sun went down, Ice will be getting thicker tonight.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I could have measured it with my ruler tape but it was well over 6 inches and that is about right 7  to 8 inches, more than enough for all those groups and quads.. i took pictures too. will try posting them after I finish thawing and filleting these three i kept. one 12 in. one 11 in. and kept a bluegill. was trying into the dark trying to catch a crappie or two. it got cold when the sun went down, Ice will be getting thicker tonight.
i heard the biggest crappie was 15 inches. sadly i think there will be little to no ice after the end of this week with the 50 degree weather  :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(  :P

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
temp is suppose to drop again after the two warmer days i think.unless that has changed.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i heard the biggest crappie was 15 inches. sadly i think there will be little to no ice after the end of this week with the 50 degree weather  :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(  :P
it shouldn't effect the ice too much it looks to be like only Wednesday will be somewhat warm around 45-50 degrees. One or two days isn't gunna melt it all. Friday is supposed to only be between 29-30 for the high so it'll freeze back up

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sadly i think there will be little to no ice after the end of this week with the 50 degree weather  :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(  :P

It will hold... I think I'm going to fish that warm day

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
There will still be plenty of good fishable ice, only one day of warm and then it cools down again  ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It will hold... I think I'm going to fish that warm day
I was thinking the same thing. Be nice to be ice fishing in warm weather lol.  :P

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Nice looking crappie Big Joe. Did they have a good turn out for the tournament .

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.