New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096011 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Onice,
   You are welcome, also also in Rockhill there is Sports Nuts think they open at nine. If you are heading to Superior or Huntington  try Monticello Home & Garden on rt.17b same side of road as raceway open at eight walk to back of store they have a pet supple/pet shop area .I'm assuming this is where bait fish tanks are located.

Sports Nuts 845-796-2000        Monticello Farm Home Garden  845-794-6457 or 794-6459

For your and others use here is sports nuts website also checked store hours are 9-5       www.SportsNutsCatolog.com

Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
ok i just spoke to Andy, the owned of Sportsnuts and he gave me permission to tell you all that if you call the day before he will work out a time to meet you. i personally have used his bait for about 6-7 years. his flatheads right now are $2. a doz. and i will say they are lively as can be. when you call ask about grubs if needed. this is the ONLY shop i use for bait in this area.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glenmere is water supply for Village of Florida NY. Access is at Town Park. Nice size parking lot

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Any special permits needed?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Any special permits needed?

for glenmere? no

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Boss Jigs thank you for the info. on Sports Nuts , I believe they also open early on days there are tournaments such as King of the Ice.

Steve

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any ice reports around Orange County? Or dutchess?

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                I fished in Sullivan co. by Monticello today 4 keeper perch  4 wheelers & snow machines on ice...
                                a few nice pickerals & small perch I throw back... am I a meat hog from orange co ? :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                     did anybody fish glenmere today?

images.jpeg

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
hey dave hit highland on saturday.  5-6 inches of ice at least.  There was a bunch of guys up there on motorcycles, quads, snomobiles.  THey plowed off the snow and made a ice track.  Cool to watch but it hurt the fishing.  Caught 10-12 pickerel, 10 perch and returned them all to the lake.

Should be real good next weekend with all the cold.  Ill be there saturday morning.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
how is the ice on huntington? looking to go out with my son.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
or white lake

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>

Anybody heard anything about the Highland Tourney ?

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                  I got my registration form for the king of the ice feb.17 at white lake...
images.jpeg

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Walton lake only has a little ice left on both ends. Round lake had ice out to the island then it was opened water after that. Its going to take a while before they become safe.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
how is the ice on huntington? looking to go out with my son.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
thank you. wanted to make sure the two lakes were similiar as far as ice formation

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anybody fish Glenmere today (1/20/12)? Didn't get a chance to check the ice as I was hanging out with family who came from Arizona for a few days.

Offline upjon

• IceShanty Rookie
read the post above you
don't say read the post above you,,,,, he asked for a specific  lake,, that happens  to be 20 miles away from 1 another,,,one lake from the other differs quite a bite up here,,,do not assume,,all lakes are the same

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
don't say read the post above you,,,,, he asked for a specific  lake,, that happens  to be 20 miles away from 1 another,,,one lake from the other differs quite a bite up here,,,do not assume,,all lakes are the same

Wow I'm so sorry I totally misread what was posted prior to his post I thought it said huntington not highland... sorry for seeming like an &$%hole. Good catch upjon.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
wow i totally misread that as meaning the lakes were the same condition. Any news on huntington?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Anybody heard anything about the Highland Tourney ?

Doug, HoleHawg as not let me know anything yet, as he is still recovering from surgery....I know it is usually Valentine's Day weekend, but will dig to try and find out more information for you...maybe pdbjr can shed some light, or IceBalls as well....

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks pdbjr1 I'm going to try to get up there Sat. After this week of cold weather I would think most of the lakes will be safe. Good  fishing everyone!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
just checked out glenmere lake because i was driving by. there was a guy all the way towards the opposite side of the lake. the ice was thin on the sides. will probably be good to go towards the end of the week.

onice2013

What a great little local  baitshop ;D Very convenient hrs and excellent bait. I will recommend Tom's bait shop and go to him from now on.

onice2013

just checked out glenmere lake because i was driving by. there was a guy all the way towards the opposite side of the lake. the ice was thin on the sides. will probably be good to go towards the end of the week.
Judging from what I measured about 40 miles further north 5 to 6 inches,  I would say after last night and today's overcast and all day freezing, it will be a few days sooner. I start thinking it might even freeze closer to home in Rockland / Suffern  county.. coming home  seen both sides of Monroe lk frozen with no water in site.

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
wheres toms bait shop located

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
About Lake Huntington...... Last Monday the edges were not safe, but there were many holes drilled out farther from the shore.  By now, the edges have most likely gotten more solid...... but be careful!!  Highland Lake had solid edges last Monday, but ice measured only 3-1/2.  I see from some prior posts that this has now increased to 5-6".

TOURNAMENT NEWS !!!   The annual tournament at Echo Lake (So. Fallsburgh FD) has been cancelled.   King of the Ice at White Lake is set for Feb.17.    No confirmed news yet on the Highland Lake contest, but it is usually held on Valentines Day weekend, which would make it Feb.16 this year (waiting for my postcard announcement in the mail).
According to Sports Nuts Bait Shop, there willl be contests on Morningside Lake,  Loch Sheldrake, and a couple of othes nearby, but I didn't ask for the dates.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
I was on  huntington lake today for 5 hrs. Ice was 6". I did not go out to the middle b-c I was the only one there but I was a good 100 yds . not one flag.

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heard there is a derby on Swan Lake in Liberty this Sunday the 27th..sorry I don't have more info on it but maybe some locals there do..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.