New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096041 times)

onice2013

Thanks for the report iceballs, I had a sense the ice wasn't as safe after all those warm days we had but, at least you were on ice and icing conditions are looking better with much colder freezing weather tonight and all day Friday, so Saturday it should be a go, probably no open edges but could still be thin around the edges,  but with safety gear on small waters, it might be okay to hop on the thicker ice from shore. It really depends on which water /how deep the shoreline drops etc. Still use early ice caution. I will take pictures this time if I spot any dopes out on snow mobiles or ATVs like my friend and I witnessed a couple weekends ago on swb ::)

Offline ktm115

• IceShanty Rookie
Can you send me a link to the reports and conditions. I searched but the one link I found did not work.

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
WAY TO GO ICEBALLS       :icefish: :clap:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Can you send me a link to the reports and conditions. I searched but the one link I found did not work.

on the NY reports and conditions board the title is Sullivan County Small waters...I think you have enough posts now to access that section of the site...

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Becuse you need 3 or more posts to vied it.... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Looks like a good solid cold spell comming up on Monday  ;D. Hopefully by next weekend we will have enough really safe ice to play around with. Can't wait to get back on F.D.R.  ;D.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline ktm115

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the help on that one guys.  I got on the reports and that is definitely what i wanted to hear. Ill be at superior on sunday. With caution of course!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks for the report Rodger!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
here's what glenmere looks like

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

onice2013

I think before the weekend these feezing temps are going to refreeze all that slush,, jmho..not sending bad report, just my humble opinion jmho lol

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I think before the weekend these feezing temps are going to refreeze all that slush,, jmho..not sending bad report, just my humble opinion jmho lol

Yep.... I still plan on fishing Monday

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

onice2013

I was watching that "RED LAKE" youtube video on that guy using a lindy  jig during a ciold front :o them there eyes looked tasty, I'm going to use worms instead of minnow heads and see what happens lol,, anybody here what the ice is doing on "Huntington"   ??? tia, John from new jetrsey lol

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
jfishy......If you don't mind my asking.......What's the deal with FDR??  I have a buddy down here who always asks me to fish there with him, but I've never gone.  What's the big attraction???

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
ill deff be checking local lake on monday and if its a no might try over at glenmere. walton was half open the other day

Offline Skunked11

• IceShanty Rookie
What's morning side and white lake looking like with ice.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
              working on gear late with buddy turning a hand crank into a drill operated.
             going to try & get out on sat...
images.jpeg

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Sunked11 I think you have enough posts to view the NY.reports-condittions community look for small waters Sullivan county. IceBalls posted a report .
  Loudmouth879 I hear a lot of people talking about Glenmere lake  always thought it was private lake is there public access or do you have to know- be guest of property owner.

Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                             I believe Glenmere is the water supply for Florida NY like some sort of
                                             like res. There is parking there also...
images.jpeg

Offline crazyhockeydad

• IceShanty Rookie
I will check Huntington this morning after work. Will post when I get home.

Offline TO FISH

• IceShanty Rookie
looking for ice report

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Deweyicefish I think you are correct about Glenmere being a water supply.
  To Fish first off welcome to Ice Shanty now that you have three posts you should be able to access the NY.reports and conditions community. On the page that lists all the different communites scroll down to New York reports conditions is first of three NY.communities. Look for Small waters followed by a county name .(for example Small waters Putman in some cases it may be county first then small waters0

Steve

onice2013

Whichever lake/pond you decide to try this weekend (Saturday possibly too windy on Sunday) will be the days I'll try. Should be interesting to see how thick  the ice freezing will be from last night and today on top of whatever existing ice there was.  Saturday is going to be warm for ice fishing all day ;D

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone been ale to check the ice condition on Highland lake lately? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
hay dave, i just came back from hi land lake, kept 4 perch ,1 prickle,the ice has about 3 to4 ins of snow onit,i fished around the north eastern side, there is 3 to 6 ins of ice some swish cheese ice about 2 ins of it in places es,did not go out towards the middle, i mite go there at first light tomarrow ,no quads,or snow machines, dont think its safe enough yet, its 22 hear at my house ,in upper sparrowbush, going to get cold tonight

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Moon Dog.....   I know you're an experienced ice fisheman, and hopefully in no hurry to drown, so please tell me........Why do you walk around on 2 to 3 inches of ice, and then report about it as if it was "no big deal"???  Some "newbie" reading this would think it's perfectly OK and go get himself hurt or killed!   I'm not admonishing you.....just want to know what induces you to do that?

PS....I was at Highland on Weddsday and when we found 3-1/2", we decided not to fish !!

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks for your concern,i been ice fishing on 2 or 3 ins of ice my whole life, yes i fell in 3 times, always manage to get out by my self, i do ware a life jacket, until the ice is 6 ins thick,i am not a 300lb man eather,i hope every Buddy stays home and leave the lake all to me ,yes i think every one should stay off the ice it well be safer,

onice2013

Most here are experienced, glad I never experienced falling through ice ever... but I do wear safety during these early ice conditions. I'm going up in the am,, where is that baitshop that opens early? ANY KNOW THE EXIT # off  RT 17 and  short directions so I can map it tonight?   coming up from nnj. tia,

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Onice I think you are referring to Tom's bait shop. get off rt.17 at exit 116 make a right at end of ramp. This is rt.17k take to end past Quickway diner,turn left now on old rt.17 also know as rt.17m .The bait shop is on Prosperous Valley road a right turn off of rt.17m  There should be a sign on rt.17m for bait shop also sign in front of shop. The shop is small converted garage of house.
  Here is the address and phone number I would call to see if they have bait and let them know what time you expect to be there the say 24 hour operation.

Tom's Bait Shop     845-733-4642      729 Prosperous Valley rd.  Middletown ,NY.    The address may be for mailing the shop is past the exists for middletown on rt.17 . Have a good day stay safe and may you have many :tipup:

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Let me also offer a general apology to all SENY area members. I work late evening to early morning during the work week -late afternoon to late evening on weekends. Thought I set my alarm clock for 12:30 pm but set it for am so no trip to Sullivan county to check ice conditions. currently Fridays are my only day off.
  To all who venture out this weekend stay safe and if you get onto the ice I hope you see a lot of these  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Steve

onice2013

Hey thanks Steve, I'm getting up early am should be rolling  there sometime between 6am and 8am .. thanks for the kind reply. John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.