New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095890 times)

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
two teens still missing from budd lake in NJ. RIP to the young men. Everyone be careful there is not much safe ice left anymore.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Does anybody know if Walton lake is frozen over? I want to go shore fishing there soon.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Does anybody know if Walton lake is frozen over? I want to go shore fishing there soon.

There is probably ice by the shore line but it may be melted already

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
anybody go to Huntington today?
going there in the morning-if there is enough ice

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
anybody go to Huntington today?
going there in the morning-if there is enough ice

let me know. would like to go Friday.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline upjon

• IceShanty Rookie
let me know. would like to go Friday.
not going to be good

onice2013

I bet it was good hard ice today from good reports I got from my bro ;D

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                        I fished sackett  lake sullivan co. today not to far from huntington & had ice I could not get a handful ...
                        I also had a fishing partner...
images.jpeg

onice2013

Dewey, I remember driving down that back road to sacket (fireman pickic lot a few seasons ago.. it was open water at that time in some spots so decided not to risk hoping on the lake. Looks like a nice little community pond but not sure what is in there. Remember long time ago reading they put walleye in there? lol.. I doubt it has walleye nowadays if that article I read was ever true. Looks like a nice panfishing hole from what I seen.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
               I gave the eagle 4 blue gills & a 22" pickerel,  I heard they put walleyes in there also .
               the last time I fish there maybe 10 years  always catch fish...come home with no fish
               gave them away to eagle... :icefish:  nice day
images.jpeg

onice2013

That is cool, probably the same eagles I feed every winter ;D, anyway my brother fished a private pondand caught nice fish today..big perch and pickerel, I;m down here working for gas money to do it again after the next freeze.. next few days will be warming up but up there the nights still freeze.. he said the pond was like 8 inches ;)( but don't quote me on that, i use a tape ruler and wasn't there today ::)

onice2013

Where is boss jigs ??? eating a bowl of  hot chicken soup under the covers on the coach :o

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
lol i am in till after a few days below freezing again, i have never gone through the ice and i wanna keep it that way. but i will be the 1st out on 2-2 1/2 of strickly clear ice!   anyways im still sore from that catfish :whistle:
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

onice2013

rest and stay thirsty my friend ;D

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Nobody goes out on "skinnyer" ice than the Boss(jigs) man........ he scares the daylights out of me just by telling me aboout it!   2  -  2-1/2 inches???   No Way Jose'!!!   John.....I'll wait for 6"  Thank You

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
IceBalls, I was out on 2.25" the Saturday after Christmas.......    :P

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rodger    lol i am listening a lil to my elders a little more as i get older myself! lol    yeah im nutz    but i know my weight limits. and unfortunately right now the ice is way too close to being able to keep me dry!

onice2013

I remember when I was in my early twenties walking out on paradox lake in adk state park on black ice 1.5 to 2 iches over thirty fow.. not proud of it ,, hey who knows maybe I went in and I'm living in a parallel universe ??? I'm with  iceballs, unless there is solid black ice or 4 and white making 6 inches ,stay off the thaw and wait till the next freeze.. too many warm hrs in the days ahead and it simply isn't worth the risk.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
IceBalls, I was out on 2.25" the Saturday after Christmas.......    :P

AAHHA!!  ANOTHER NUT !!!  lol     Listen Guys,  PLEASE be careful.......  I don't have that many friends that I can afford to lose even ONE !!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I spudded out to where it was that think, and turned around and went back to the hole I measured 3" good ice in and fished there...  ;)

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
I spudded out to where it was that think, and turned around and went back to the hole I measured 3" good ice in and fished there...  ;)
smart move my good man, smart move
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Does anyone have an ice condition report for orange lake? Looking to take a buddy out for his first trip.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Does anyone have an ice condition report for orange lake? Looking to take a buddy out for his first trip.
WAIT TILL AFTER IT GETS COLD AGAIN!!! THE ICE UP IN SULLIVAN COUNTY IS GETTING BAD AND ORANGE COUNTY HAS BEEN ABOUT 6-7 DEGREES warmer EVERY DAY!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Kyle! What are you doing in Orange Co.

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
well if it get down near 20 tonight i mite go fishing white lake tomarrow,at liste i well go check the ice,play it by the weather,there should be 4 to5 ins of clear ice on there by now, i hope

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
There is probably ice by the shore line but it may be melted already
ok thanks!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Walton and round lake are both locked up. Walton its mostly black ice but didn't have my spud to stop and check thickness but doesn't look like much

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
anyone out today? looking for safe ice out there.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i did not go fishing today,if it gets Any warmer i well have to use my boat

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
anyone out today? looking for safe ice out there.
Was on Huntington yesterday. 5 inches of ice and there was a crazy guy driving a side by side around the entire lake.
👮👮👮

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.