New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095899 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
once again   my stuff was put away 1 1/2 weeks ago. yeah this season was short but i must say the bite for me was hardcore all of it.   till next season....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i put my gear away yesterday as well. cried like a little b!tch too!! LOL! :'( :P

did you get a measurement of the length of that handle you need ?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
did you get a measurement of the length of that handle you need ?
i'll do it soon, i haven't cleaned it out yet, just put it in my apartment. ::) ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
WOW, putting the gear away !  No wonder i've had such peaceful outings on the lakes alone.  thank you.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
since everyone is putting there ice fishing gear away is anyone getting excited for striped bass season !!

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
 I doubt it is as solid now along the shore and probably no safe ice with all the wet and warm . Hoping sub temps follow within next couple weeks or it is definitely over.  glta be safe and enjoy our wild Obama America  ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
here we sit, having a Daytona 500 party at the firehouse, and no 500!! LOL!! crappie, perch, and pickerel in the deep fryer, venison on the BBQ, Deep fried turkey, shrimp, chicken quesadillas, venison quesadillas. oh well. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
what a miserable day

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
here we sit, having a Daytona 500 party at the firehouse, and no 500!! LOL!! crappie, perch, and pickerel in the deep fryer, venison on the BBQ, Deep fried turkey, shrimp, chicken quesadillas, venison quesadillas. oh well. ;D

leftovers for tomorrow ?   >:(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yes, for the Daytona 500!!  ;D

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak

And you didn't tell us?  It's not as if we have any fishing to do....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
since everyone is putting there ice fishing gear away is anyone getting excited for striped bass season !!

Yes!  Going over my gear and looking forward to it.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Yes!  Going over my gear and looking forward to it.
i want to fast forward in time to striped bass season im ready now!!!

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
yo whats up boys, i was at superior today hmm ice still good at the launch boat but after that 3 inches and on the right side open water in the middle of the lake , just 5 guys fishing and....... nothing not even one f.... bait so fishing in sullivan in my opinion is close ..... so anyone want to go more up north ??????????

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i put my gear away yesterday as well. cried like a little b!tch too!! LOL! :'( :P
lol...was hockey there for a group hug  ;) ;D and tell him to stop texting me dirty messages...my woman are getting upset... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lol...was hockey there for a group hug  ;) ;D and tell him to stop texting me dirty messages...my woman are getting upset... ;D

Joe, how's things?   You holding up ok  ?   drop me a line when you get a chance....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

will do Joe! LOL!! getting the trolling gear ready, and the suffern show is this weekend, thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. ;)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Pooley......you going to the Suffern show???   Last time I went it was so crowded that I couldn't even turn around, much less get near any booths!!!  Haven't been back in years!!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Travelled two hours north to Long Pond in Chenango county again. They still have 6-7 inches of ice there. Caught a bunch of crappie and pickeral.
👮👮👮

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Iceballs, We were looking for ya at Schroon on Sunday.... Hope all is OK.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Iceballs, We were looking for ya at Schroon on Sunday.... Hope all is OK.

All OK Jimmyclaude....got the rug pulled out from under me when my partner backed out of the Schroon trip.... couldn't afford the $$$$ for three days in hotel plus gas and food, so stayed home  (GRRRRRRR>).  Pics look nice from the gathering....really wish I could have made it.  Putting my gear away tomorrow.......look forward to next year.  Time to unwrap the boat and go looking for Cod/Ling/Flounder/Blacks

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yeah, i go almost every year. you just got to know when it's quieter there, then go. ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Putting you stuff away??   Weekend tourney on Schroon and lou's three day-er on Sacandaga this weekend... Just sayin guys.....
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Putting you stuff away??   Weekend tourney on Schroon and lou's three day-er on Sacandaga this weekend... Just sayin guys.....

still 11" + out my way too....sorry guys ! I'm still fishing !

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Maple time and still good ice for those in the know ;D I'm buzzing upstate somewhere, hopefully ice pcs and bs :P I have off but the weather might screw things up.. I may wait but only if it is icing roads. If I decide to go up, I'll report right here ;D still think a lot of Sullivan upper is good to stand on.

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
I never made it up , doubt any safe ice after all this warm wet weather. Today all my ice gear gets put away. Let us move with the season..hopefully next ice season will be a better one. ;D

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
well too bad you didnt have a good season, mine was awesome! hot on fish EVERY trip. and i made it 3-4 trips a week too!!!! :P :P :P
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
well too bad you didnt have a good season, mine was awesome! hot on fish EVERY trip. and i made it 3-4 trips a week too!!!! :P :P :P
I'm glad you enjoyed this season, not saying I didn't have fun anytime I was out jigs, just hoping for a better hard ice next season. Too bad we didn't meet yet but maybe next year. BTW nobody mentioned toronto this year, is that still way down or you don't bother?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
back in the 845 for till the 11th but its a sad site seeing no ice  :-\ and with the very little ice from where i was will be gone when i get back... can say i had a good season iced my first trout and my pb tiger musky this year along with some nice bass. till next year

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
just got back from the Suffern Show. a little poorer, and loaded with pickels, jerky, and fishing gear! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.