New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096022 times)

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
that goes for orange county too....went by walton and round and nice ice to be found
how thick is the ice

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
there is no ice....wide open water

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!
blah...blah..  ;) just wait"ll til next year... real niners might show up ... ;)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Pooley.... Looking for some pictures from Paradox..... The ones with fish in them.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Paradox Lake trip was good fun. here are some pics.

Jason with the big fish for the trip.

back down the hole.

eats

sled massacre LOL!

great finish to the weekend.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice fish! Is that a 350x atc I see in the background of that last pic?

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Holy Carp on the sled... Looks like bustin chops was not the only bustin going on!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
250cc i believe. the other is a big red 250

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
yes it is a 350x    1987   and a 85 big red

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
OK YO, what did Pooley do to the sled?

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
whats up, my first post i was at lake superior last weekend on sunday ice around 6 inches thick some perch, nice crappie and 2 basss go back to water, about 20 people

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
boss jigs and my self fished superior to day got some perch cappie and gills,but the ice is getting thinner,2  to 4 ins   ,we need colder nights, i see highland lake has to big open areas of water

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
boss jigs and my self fished superior to day got some perch cappie and gills,but the ice is getting thinner,2  to 4 ins   ,we need colder nights, i see highland lake has to big open areas of water
had a good trip moon_dog. i just wish the bite was on. the fish were comming and staring but most didnt even bite. i think BECAUSE THE ICE IS SO THIN AND CLEAR THE FISH WERE FEEDING ALL NIGHT HARDCORE ON THE PLANKTON AND WERE NOT HUNGERY MUCH AT ALL. i heard most of the other people on the lake were saying they had fish coming in but none were biting....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
OK YO, what did Pooley do to the sled?
Pooley sled  couldnt quiet hold up to being pulled by a 350x, neither could Brians,the one with the back tore off lol

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bad News....I just received word that the Hurleyville Fire Department and the town of Fallsburg Youth Commision's 24th annual Ice Fishing contest that was to be held this saturday February 11th on Morningside Lake, has been CANCELLED. :'( :'( :'(   This is the 1st time in the events history that this tournament had to be cancelled due to unsafe ice conditions!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys, was up in the Adks with Kevin (BC Shanty) and had a few pics to share that I thought you'd all enjoy! We fished 4th lake Friday with Kevin landing a slammer 11 lb while jigging and I got one somewhat deformed laker on a tip up! Went to Tupper Saturday and got just one pike although we were targeting lakers and Sunday went to Indian Lake and picked up four fish jigging!

Mike

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice laker pics wtg!   looks like southern ny thread had ADK park fun  :)

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
had a good trip moon_dog. i just wish the bite was on. the fish were comming and staring but most didnt even bite. i think BECAUSE THE ICE IS SO THIN AND CLEAR THE FISH WERE FEEDING ALL NIGHT HARDCORE ON THE PLANKTON AND WERE NOT HUNGERY MUCH AT ALL. i heard most of the other people on the lake were saying they had fish coming in but none were biting....
boss jigs , the same thing happened to us too, not much at all on jigs and the tipups were worse superbowl weekend. Hoping no big warm and we have better freeze for the rest of February.

Offline icefishinNJ

• IceShanty Rookie
White lake reports? Been going to King of the Ice for a bunch of years in a row an would be bummed if it got cancled.
                                                          Fishing=Life

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
I drove by White Lake on Sunday on my way home from a different lake and did see one guy out on the ice fishing.. I have no idea on thickness.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pooley sled  couldnt quiet hold up to being pulled by a 350x, neither could Brians,the one with the back tore off lol
  lmbo....image if it my kawasuckee was pulling it.... ;)  ;D i thought i saw yo"s head in one of them pics...was frankie mikey hockey and the usual suspects  in atendence ? ;D and the big red seems to be in nice shape....if the owner ever wants to sell i know someone who wudd like to add one to his collection  ;D

Offline AndyTheBBGun

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NYS Ranger School 2010
down in dutchess, putnam and westchester counties i only saw open water and guys using regular rod n reels  :-\. hopefully im able to get an auger through the ice a few more times in cny and possibly north country

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
heres my biggest perch and moondogs big crappie from the other day. not many fish but the few were woth the trip.....

and ill say again moon-dog    nice damn fish!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
now i just hope the ice firms good before the snow.....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
  lmbo....image if it my kawasuckee was pulling it.... ;)  ;D i thought i saw yo"s head in one of them pics...was frankie mikey hockey and the usual suspects  in atendence ? ;D and the big red seems to be in nice shape....if the owner ever wants to sell i know someone who wudd like to add one to his collection  ;D
YO's brother Jason and myself are not in the pic here.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Excellent Laker, Perch, and Crappie Pics......Keep'em coming!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
YO's brother Jason and myself are not in the pic here.
(Image removed from quote.)
great pic pooley... i miss fishing with  that crew.....been along time since iv heard some of youse guys great storys  ;D ;D ;D hopefully next year i"ll be in better shape and have the time to travelto youse  guys.. :-\

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
anyone in sullivan county got an ice report? looking to get up there saturday.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
pooley   i am going up there tomorrow. ill give exact ice conditions....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.